you can't make this stuff up. wtf?

This is how the right would have charity done.

They scream that government should not help people and that helping should be done through charities.

Then they proudly proclaim that charity should profit people like this?

Do you like to give money to a charity so they can pay most of the money to someone who did JUST what the charity is trying to prevent?

And to think....the right wing wants to get rid of Government assistance programs and replace them with private charities

We can see why

if this was a liberal or democrat I would be appalled and outraged and use it as more evidence of what lying scumbags ALL liberals and democrats are

but

since it's a tea party conservative christian republican I say;

typical of left wing liberal morons trying to make an issue over this

this is a non-issue, folks....nothing to see here...

remember....when a dem does it...it's REALLY BAD

but when a conservative republican does it...DEMS are REALLY BAD
Hmmm. I don't recall seeing someone you described saying anything like this is bad.

Gotta link so that you can refresh my memory?

yeah

it's called the internet

or hate radio

or fox news

follow along with any of these for more than 5 minutes and you will find THOUSANDS of conservatives saying what I said they say

all liberals/democrats/moderate republicans/rinos BAD
all conservative republicans = good
Ah. I see. You have nothing to support your claim. Those sorts of claims are also known as bullshit.

Non-Profit Pays Bristol Palin $262,500, Donates Only $35,000 to Charity - E.D. Kain - American Times - Forbes

Bristol Palin has made her first few hundred thousand working to prevent teenage pregnancy. Unfortunately for teen moms, however, Ms. Palin decided to keep most of her non-profit’s funds for herself:

In 2009, Sarah Palin’s daughter Bristol joined a teen pregnancy prevention nonprofit called the Candie’s Foundation. Today, the Associated Press reported that the Candie’s Foundation released its 2009 tax information, revealing that Bristol was paid a salary of $262,500.

But a closer examination of the tax form by ThinkProgress shows that the group disbursed only $35,000 in grants to actual teen pregnancy health and counseling clinics: $25,000 to the Mt. Sinai Adolescent Health Center and $10,000 to the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy.

I knew there was a lot of money to be made in the non-profit industry, but I didn’t know anyone would so blatantly abuse their position at a supposed charity. For every dollar Bristol gave to the cause, she gave $7.50 to herself.

Her charity, the Candie’s Foundation, also spent $165,000 on advertising. That’s another $4.71 for every dollar given to charity.

Only a Palin could make so much money over getting banged up

as Oddball noted..35K? you're really warped dude, seriously. Jesus, ask your owner to buy you another chew toy....FFS..:rolleyes:

How much did you give to charity last year? % please.

If thats how the money gets disbursed...I ain't giving nothing

You seem unable to comprehend that Bristol did not donate shit. She was paid $262K to shill for a charity that only gave $35K for her beloved abstinence

What a crusader

I asked you, how much as a % did YOU provide to charity calender year 2010.....I await your answer and don't even try bullshitting me because I have an answer for that, so be careful.....lets hear it...

They scream that government should not help people and that helping should be done through charities.

Do you like to give money to a charity so they can pay most of the money to someone who did JUST what the charity is trying to prevent?

And to think....the right wing wants to get rid of Government assistance programs and replace them with private charities

We can see why
What's the difference between paying the government employees' salaries and the salaries of charity employees? The money is still green. However, I would bet good money that the smaller organization uses that money (and personnel) more efficiently. Just a guess.

It is better than nothing, and many charities do the same thing. But it does says a lot about her.
I think maybe she shouldn't have taken such a high salary.

what does it say about her?

Not much other than she sees that she can help a charity, and make a living to provide for her child. What an outrageous thing to do.

What it says about some people on this forum is that they are not terribly intelligent, in my opinion. Charities are quite good at finding suitable spokespeople, and pay them what they think that person's value is to their work (and they're quite experienced in working out 'value added'). No one forced the Charity to pay Bristol. Basic facts elude the mentally challenged.

bristol palin has been hired to be the poster child for teen abstinence for $262K

really? really.

"Teen mom Bristol Palin, now 20, scored $262,000 in 2009 as Candie’s Foundation ambassador promoting abstinence.

Let me get this straight: Candie’s paid a teen mom a quarter-million dollars to tell other teens not to become teen moms?

According to the Candie’s Web site, Palin’s job — which she still has — is “helping other teens understand the incredible challenges teen parents face, and encouraging them to wait until they are socially and financially independent to start their families.”

What incredible challenges? Like walking the red carpet and mastering the paso doble on “Dancing with the Stars”?"

Teen mom Bristol Palin’s hefty check gives birth to outrage - BostonHerald.com

cut the shit

A friend of mine has a daughter who got pregnant at 16. She speaks to teens at schools and churches about the mistakes she made. Not only do parents welcome what she has to say, but from what I understand she has had a major impact on the lives of the teens she has spoken to. She's in her mid-20s now.

Do you people give to charities that supply vastly more money to their front people than the people who need help?

That's a lot just for having a famous mom.

But really, it's not like she's sharing a rundown studio with her boyfriend and between then two of them they barley makes enough for each other, let alone their baby, and neither of them have enough for daycare so her mom ends up actually raising the kid while the two of them work dead-end jobs for shit pay, only to have it leave their hands in favor of diapers, baby food, doctor checkups, and, if they're lucky after all the bills and sparse groceries are paid for the month, enough spare change to go out to Applebees one night, and that's the only time they actually have for each other.

You think she's gone through any of that? Doubtful. And yet she's giving lectures about the repercussions of teen pregnancy.

We can see why
What's the difference between paying the government employees' salaries and the salaries of charity employees? The money is still green. However, I would bet good money that the smaller organization uses that money (and personnel) more efficiently. Just a guess.

Obviously the answer is overhead

The government does not pay anyone $262,000 a year....let alone a 20 year old without an education

bristol palin has been hired to be the poster child for teen abstinence for $262K

really? really.

"Teen mom Bristol Palin, now 20, scored $262,000 in 2009 as Candie’s Foundation ambassador promoting abstinence.

Let me get this straight: Candie’s paid a teen mom a quarter-million dollars to tell other teens not to become teen moms?

According to the Candie’s Web site, Palin’s job — which she still has — is “helping other teens understand the incredible challenges teen parents face, and encouraging them to wait until they are socially and financially independent to start their families.”

What incredible challenges? Like walking the red carpet and mastering the paso doble on “Dancing with the Stars”?"

Teen mom Bristol Palin’s hefty check gives birth to outrage - BostonHerald.com

cut the shit

A friend of mine has a daughter who got pregnant at 16. She speaks to teens at schools and churches about the mistakes she made. Not only do parents welcome what she has to say, but from what I understand she has had a major impact on the lives of the teens she has spoken to. She's in her mid-20s now.

what did she do with the quarter mill?

Forum List

Back