You can't make this Shit up... Family Of Man Who Killed Deputy May Sue

The case will get tossed on on summary judgement, but the judgement should make the arrogant family pay the State's court fees!

Whose the family going to sue next? The Devil, who without a doubt is torturing this piece of garbage in hell, perhaps?

If our Government was not filled with current and former Lawyers, Maybe they would pass a Law preventing anyone or their family from suing after an injury occured while committing a violent crime. Unfortunately it's all about raping peoples wallets with endless fee's for a cases that should never even be considered anything but a slap in the face to Justice. ~BH

this guy's family should move to nyc. I remember years ago a criminal sued the city and nypd because he was shot while commiting a crime and he won!

I am not supporting the family in this, but if you read their allegations, it might lead you to think that they might just win their case. The police left the man laying in a pool of his own blood and basically left him to die at their feet when it is very possible they could have saved his life. Another LEO died at this man's hands, but it may very well be said that the LEO's could have and should have saved the life of the killer. Of course, I suspect that would have been just saving his life so he could be sent to death row, if Colorado has the death penalty. I'm not sure on that.

The tragedy of this whole thing is that two men lost their lives in something that should never have happened and one of those men was a man who gave his life for the people of Greeley, Co.

"We are not going to settle," said Cooke. "We will fight it every step of the way and when we win we are going to go after costs."

I wouldn't be surprised if they do settle.

Immie

If I were the Deputies family I would sue the perps family for wrongful death and take it all the way. There are plenty of people out here who would support them with money.

If I were the Deputies family I would sue the perps family for wrongful death and take it all the way. There are plenty of people out here who would support them with money.

I agree, but what is that saying that you can't get blood out of a turnip? Most likely not worth the effort.

Immie

I agree, but what is that saying that you can't get blood out of a turnip? Most likely not worth the effort.

Immie

That is true, however it would make the lawyer think twice about getting involved in the case because a good attorney could get him on the hook for malicious prosecution.

Immie

That is true, however it would make the lawyer think twice about getting involved in the case because a good attorney could get him on the hook for malicious prosecution.

You think so? I don't think that would happen. My understanding is that the family can file any lawsuit they want. Whether or not the courts will hear the case would be a different situation, but malicious prosecution? That doesn't sound like it would get very far.

Immie

Immie

You think so? I don't think that would happen. My understanding is that the family can file any lawsuit they want. Whether or not the courts will hear the case would be a different situation, but malicious prosecution? That doesn't sound like it would get very far.

Immie

Lawyers can do many stupid things. Technically it is illegal for a lawyer to take a case on contingency. If I am ever sued that is going to be the first line of attack I pursue. Lawyers don't like being targets, especially by people who actually have a good foundation in the law. A good attorney will most certainly attack the lawyer in this case. I know very little about him, but he certainly strikes me as being a bottom feeder and they don't like risk.
With a good attorney ther is a lot of risk for the plaintiffs attorney with sanctions and other punishments being possible.

New Topics

Forum List

Back