you can't grow your own food and consume for a group party or for your family

SHOW me where I have rejected them? Hint: YOU CAN'T.

1) Hamilton

2) Get on topic
Who brought up Hamilton? You did.

Nice try. Son? Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You ask a question, then object to the answer because I'm the one who said it? God, stop being a kook. :lol: Take a time out, step away from the computer for a few hours, and log back on again when you don't have to use the veins popping out of your forehead to type. Reclaim a rational mindset and maybe, just maybe, there can be some productive discourse among people with differing opinions.

Wait, reasonable laws and the enforcement thereof is the result of "surrendering your individual power to the state"?

Depends on what you define as "reasonable". From my experience dealing with health inspectors all my life, this particular inspector was hardly behaving in a reasonable manner. She was making a point.

1) Hamilton

2) Get on topic
Who brought up Hamilton? You did.

Nice try. Son? Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You ask a question, then object to the answer because I'm the one who said it? God, stop being a kook. :lol: Take a time out, step away from the computer for a few hours, and log back on again when you don't have to use the veins popping out of your forehead to type. Reclaim a rational mindset and maybe, just maybe, there can be some productive discourse among people with differing opinions.

When have WE ever discussed Hamilton? *We Haven't*

Again? It ain't raining. Get it ACE?

Depends on what you define as "reasonable". From my experience dealing with health inspectors all my life, this particular inspector was hardly behaving in a reasonable manner. She was making a point.

The problem is, there is very little evidence to actually establish the way the inspector was acting. We have only a biased second hand claim. Either way, the fact still remains that they were selling prepared food, which made them responsible for following certain laws. There seems to be no indication that the inspector's findings were inaccurate. The objection in all of this seems to be the fact that these people were being expected to follow the law.

This is the inevitable result when you surrender your individual power to the state.

Wait, reasonable laws and the enforcement thereof is the result of "surrendering your individual power to the state"?

What seems to be reasonable law at one time can always ends up being misused against liberty's.

"there's nothing you can do about it, it's the law" OMFG.

I have been to too many local farm family pig pickings where they feed from what they grow, they have guns and are not afraid to use them let some guberment official come to one of those party's and do what that witch did.
That is the reason the lefties want to take your guns also, so they can come in and do what they want. Remember the 2nd amendment was written to protect ourselves against a tyrannical gov't.

My guns ain't for sale and I don't give them away so they ain't taking a damn thing.

When they come to collect your guns and ammo then you have only one choice, and that is to keep the guns and give them the bullets one at a time.

The problem is, there is very little evidence to actually establish the way the inspector was acting. We have only a biased second hand claim. Either way, the fact still remains that they were selling prepared food, which made them responsible for following certain laws. There seems to be no indication that the inspector's findings were inaccurate. The objection in all of this seems to be the fact that these people were being expected to follow the law.

Sorry, but the inspector wouldn't even let them give it away, eat it themselves, or feed it to their pigs.

There's nothing reasonable about that. The inspector was just pushing his weight around.

Typical fascist bureaucrat A-hole.

Fear not, righties.

When Perry gets elected he'll do away with the FDA also.

That is, if he can remember that there is an FDA.

What I am getting at is that inspectors have a great deal of latitude in how they handle a given situation. That they got busted that food was not at temperature during the cooking process is one example of something that I would look at as a chef and manager and say "huh?!?!?"

The fact that she made them pour bleach on vegetables. Again I am not familiar with Nevada health codes but anywhere I have worked it's perfectly fine to bring vegetables straight off the farm without going through government inspection. Meat is a different story. I have never worked anywhere that allowed you to serve meats that have not been inspected.

The fact that she kept calling in to her supervisor. Never in my 27 years in the restaurant business have I ever seen an inspector call in to determine what should be done. That really tips me off that this was an attack by a competitor or retaliation by the health department almost certainly involving a bribe or the lack of one...and I am sorry to say, but again, that's really kind of commonplace in that industry.

Sorry, but the inspector wouldn't even let them give it away, eat it themselves, or feed it to their pigs.

There's nothing reasonable about that.

Conservative's link already covered this.

The inspector was just pushing his weight around.

Typical fascist bureaucrat A-hole.

The fact is that nobody here has very much information to go on, to try to claim what happened. Is it possible that the inspector let a power trip go to her head. Yes indeed it's possible. But more importantly, IF THE BLEDSOE'S HAD STAYED ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE LAW NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED. These people were SELLING prepared food to other people. It's a reasonable exercise of state and local governments to establish baseline safety regulations for instances when people are engaged in the the business of selling prepared food for consumption, in an effort to maintain public health and safety. THE BLEDSOE'S WERE UNINTERESTED IN COMPLYING WITH THESE REGULATIONS, AND THUS MADE THE DECISION ON THEIR OWN THAT LANDED THEM IN THEIR OWN PREDICAMENT.

What I am getting at is that inspectors have a great deal of latitude in how they handle a given situation. That they got busted that food was not at temperature during the cooking process is one example of something that I would look at as a chef and manager and say "huh?!?!?"

But again, we don't really know the whole story here. We don't have good sources for complete information. One thing does seem very clear, though. The Bledsoe's were engaged in the sale of prepared food, and were completely uninterested in complying with local regulations. They didn't even make an attempt to determine what the regulations were before hand. And their complaint seems to be that they shouldn't have had to comply with any regulations at all.

The fact that she kept calling in to her supervisor. Never in my 27 years in the restaurant business have I ever seen an inspector call in to determine what should be done. That really tips me off that this was an attack by a competitor or retaliation by the health department almost certainly involving a bribe or the lack of one...and I am sorry to say, but again, that's really kind of commonplace in that industry.

Actually, the thing that comes to mind is that this was probably a very inexperienced inspector who certainly did handle things very badly.

This is the inevitable result when you surrender your individual power to the state.

What seems to be reasonable law at one time can always ends up being misused against liberty's.

"there's nothing you can do about it, it's the law" OMFG.
That's just it. So many throw in the towel, become submissive thinking they can't have an effect on law...good night Irene...instead of being proactive to have such idiocy repealed.

But again, we don't really know the whole story here. We don't have good sources for complete information. One thing does seem very clear, though. The Bledsoe's were engaged in the sale of prepared food, and were completely uninterested in complying with local regulations. They didn't even make an attempt to determine what the regulations were before hand. And their complaint seems to be that they shouldn't have had to comply with any regulations at all.

Actually, the thing that comes to mind is that this was probably a very inexperienced inspector who certainly did handle things very badly.
We don't have the whole story? I got enough information from the comment of the inspector to know what the whole story is about.

Forum List

Back