"You can't be a democrat and go to heaven"

Why aren't we banning orthodox Jews for the same reason? Westborough Baptist Church types? Or any extremist religious doctrine? It's called freedom of religion, it's in the constitution, look it up.

well there ya go.........so WHY the fuck do liberals get all in a lather about Christians.....?

I can't speak for liberals but I think all religions are pretty bad.

most religions hold to the same universal truths.....such as the Golden Rule.....what's so "bad" about that....?

Why aren't we banning orthodox Jews for the same reason? Westborough Baptist Church types? Or any extremist religious doctrine? It's called freedom of religion, it's in the constitution, look it up.

well there ya go.........so WHY the fuck do liberals get all in a lather about Christians.....?

Why do right wing Christians get in such a lather about liberals? Never was that much animosity until the moral majority came along. I prefer to use the term "right wing Christians" rather than just "Christians" because not all of them are engaged in the fight to take over conservative American politics. This twisted sect of Christianity has declared liberals to be Satan incarnate, not going to just take being that shit lying down especially when they seem to want to bring the government into our bedrooms and churches into our schools.

in general Christians have been quite tolerant toward liberals and their secularist viewpoints.....however over time that has changed as more and more realize the tolerance is NOT reciprocated....even your post demonstrates this hateful negative bias....

The whole story is not presented so I am not going to jump all over anyone about this particular incident, it says it was a student comment during a discussion of politics and I really do not have an objection to the free discussion of any idea in school. I do have a big objection to people getting their religion and politics so tightly entwined that they are inseparable.

Yes, supposedly a student made that comment, but I question whether the teacher should have written it on the board. Sadly, some religious righties actually believe such nonsense.

It didn't say if the teacher actually believed it or really fill us in on any details so I am not going all reactionary on her but theocrats do stalk the halls of power in small town America and they just cannot be allowed to infect young students with a dangerous dogma that skepicism of the powers that be is a sin.

Why do right wing Christians get in such a lather about liberals? Never was that much animosity until the moral majority came along. I prefer to use the term "right wing Christians" rather than just "Christians" because not all of them are engaged in the fight to take over conservative American politics. This twisted sect of Christianity has declared liberals to be Satan incarnate, not going to just take being that shit lying down especially when they seem to want to bring the government into our bedrooms and churches into our schools.

in general Christians have been quite tolerant toward liberals and their secularist viewpoints.....however over time that has changed as more and more realize the tolerance is NOT reciprocated....even your post demonstrates this hateful negative bias....

Your kind earned every bit though your efforts to turn the wall of seperation into a one way door to christian domination of secular policy.

The whole story is not presented so I am not going to jump all over anyone about this particular incident, it says it was a student comment during a discussion of politics and I really do not have an objection to the free discussion of any idea in school. I do have a big objection to people getting their religion and politics so tightly entwined that they are inseparable.

SO a person's religion is tightly entwined with his politics.......what exactly is wrong with that....?

Seperation of church and state.

SO a person's religion is tightly entwined with his politics.......what exactly is wrong with that....?

Seperation of church and state.

bullshit.....

btw.....this is how you spell SEPARATION....

Your kind earned every bit though your efforts to turn the wall of seperation into a one way door to christian domination of secular policy.

the "wall of SEPARATION" never existed.....Thomas Jefferson was very religious in public life....

IF righties wish to ignore the separation of church and state, I suggest all religious institutions start paying TAXES.

Because we yet in a lather about Persians who kidnap our embassy personnel, shoot their own people dead in the street for protesting against the theocracy, and are in pursuit of nukes of their own.

Bad enuff that is that there: the closer danger is the establishment of Sharia Christianity here.

Regards from Rosie

right....you look at the theocratic loonies over there in the middle east and then you look at the liberals who think it is just fine for them to immigrate here.....idiots....

It is fine for anyone to immigrate to America. Is that not what America is all about?

IF righties wish to ignore the separation of church and state, I suggest all religious institutions start paying TAXES.

if you believe there is a "wall of separation".....i suggest that all religious people be EXEMPT from taxation....

" Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

There will never be a national religion. It would be unconstitutional. No religion will be banned. That would be unconstitutional, too.

But secularists and athiests are well within their rights when pressuring theists to keep their religiosity in their churches and homes.

The First Amendment restricts what government can and cannot do...but not individuals and groups of American citizens.

Regards from Rosie

The moral majority and social values statisr right wing progressives are the worst things to happen to America since 1980.

the "wall of SEPARATION" never existed.....Thomas Jefferson was very religious in public life....

Not really but that is beside the point, you like the part where the government cannot touch your organizations through regulation or taxation but hate the part that says that your organization cannot directly be a political organization. You want to be protected from secular authority as usual but you do not want secular authority to be protected from you, you do not want the rest of the country to enjoy freedom FROM your twisted ideas of morality.

Forum List

Back