"You can't be a democrat and go to heaven"

The whole story is not presented so I am not going to jump all over anyone about this particular incident, it says it was a student comment during a discussion of politics and I really do not have an objection to the free discussion of any idea in school. I do have a big objection to people getting their religion and politics so tightly entwined that they are inseparable.

The whole story is not presented so I am not going to jump all over anyone about this particular incident, it says it was a student comment during a discussion of politics and I really do not have an objection to the free discussion of any idea in school. I do have a big objection to people getting their religion and politics so tightly entwined that they are inseparable.

SO a person's religion is tightly entwined with his politics.......what exactly is wrong with that....?

SO a person's religion is tightly entwined with his politics.......what exactly is wrong with that....?

Nothing... If you live in a theocracy, whining pigeon.

Taliban, for one.

you are ASSUMING that a religious person would establish theocracy.....

Even if a democrat does not actively practice evil themselves, they approve of the evil practiced by others. Which was the whole point of the Story of Lot. If there is a heaven, democrats certainly won't go there no matter how good a life they lead themselves.

You just questioned what's wrong with a person's religion being entwined with their politics and now you're questioning the certainty that said people wouldn't entwine their religion with their politics. You need to pick a side here lol.

Theocracies, by and large, come to existence based on a strong bond between politics and religion....so yeah, a religious person who values their religion so much that they can't help but couple it with their political view is extremely likely to start a theocracy. It may be an assumption in this thread, but how many times can you honestly say it hasn't been done?

You just questioned what's wrong with a person's religion being entwined with their politics and now you're questioning the certainty that said people wouldn't entwine their religion with their politics. You need to pick a side here lol.

Theocracies, by and large, come to existence based on a strong bond between politics and religion....so yeah, a religious person who values their religion so much that they can't help but couple it with their political view is extremely likely to start a theocracy. It may be an assumption in this thread, but how many times can you honestly say it hasn't been done?

so if they are such a terrible threat.....why aren't we banning Muslims here in the U.S......everybody knows that Sharia is anti-Constitutional in many ways.....

It also indicates that said theocrat is all too likely to take everything their leaders say on faith, a true sheep in the flock, no one should ever just believe what their leaders say or conversely just brand those who disagree as heretics. It's one of the reasons that some people struggle and fight to keep church and state separate, no preacher has ever had an ounce of respect for freedom as a secular leader, they tend to be dictatorial and do not tolerate challenge or dissent.

so if they are such a terrible threat.....why aren't we banning Muslims here in the U.S......everybody knows that Sharia is anti-Constitutional in many ways.....

Why aren't we banning orthodox Jews for the same reason? Westborough Baptist Church types? Or any extremist religious doctrine? It's called freedom of religion, it's in the constitution, look it up.

Why aren't we banning orthodox Jews for the same reason? Westborough Baptist Church types? Or any extremist religious doctrine? It's called freedom of religion, it's in the constitution, look it up.

well there ya go.........so WHY the fuck do liberals get all in a lather about Christians.....?

And now you're assuming I said theocracies are a threat? Highly amusing.

Theocracies are generally regarded with derision (look at Iran for instance) because it's too easy for a religious leader(s), especially those who are adept at manipulation of the masses, to subvert the word of their God to suit their own needs over that of the people they are responsible for leading. The temptation for this is simply too powerful and just about all theocracies have failed because of it.

It's just another example of the old phrase - "Power corrupts."

Because we yet in a lather about Persians who kidnap our embassy personnel, shoot their own people dead in the street for protesting against the theocracy, and are in pursuit of nukes of their own.

Bad enuff that is that there: the closer danger is the establishment of Sharia Christianity here.

Regards from Rosie

Because we yet in a lather about Persians who kidnap our embassy personnel, shoot their own people dead in the street for protesting against the theocracy, and are in pursuit of nukes of their own.

Bad enuff that is that there: the closer danger is the establishment of Sharia Christianity here.

Regards from Rosie

right....you look at the theocratic loonies over there in the middle east and then you look at the liberals who think it is just fine for them to immigrate here.....idiots....

well there ya go.........so WHY the fuck do liberals get all in a lather about Christians.....?

Why do right wing Christians get in such a lather about liberals? Never was that much animosity until the moral majority came along. I prefer to use the term "right wing Christians" rather than just "Christians" because not all of them are engaged in the fight to take over conservative American politics. This twisted sect of Christianity has declared liberals to be Satan incarnate, not going to just take being that shit lying down especially when they seem to want to bring the government into our bedrooms and churches into our schools.

A Kentucky teacher is being criticized for writing a politically charged statement on the whiteboard in class.

South Laurel County High School teacher Kendra Baker is drawing complaints from parents and students after she wrote, "You can't be a democrat and go to heaven."

More: Kendra Baker, Kentucky Teacher, Under Fire For 'Can't Be A Democrat And Go To Heaven' Statement

Unless that is a private religious school she needs to be fired immediately.

I can't speak for liberals but I think all religions are pretty bad.

How about we encourage our theocratic Christians to emigrate over there? Jerusalem has nice winter weather.

Regards from Rosie

Yes, supposedly a student made that comment, but I question whether the teacher should have written it on the board. Sadly, some religious righties actually believe such nonsense.

Forum List

Back