You can thank Republicans for Obama’s renewed popularity

Then the reality of the situation rears it's ugly head

11351177_869229826486580_2787188918978418676_n.jpg
Ah...comics. Yes, that suits you.

So you don't think that democratic candidates were able to convince the majority of the electorate to vote for them for president in the last generation?

Because i can show you election results that affirm that they did.

Or is it that you disagree with the fact that republicans have managed the same feat only once in the last generation?

Because i can show you election results that affirm the same.

Bouncing back and forth between vague claims and specific claims is a logical fallacy. That you can't even figure out how many elections there have been between 1988 and now is a counting and math problem, and an example of how common core is failing our country.

1988 - Bush elected
1992 - Clinton elected
1996 - Clinton reelected
2000 - Bush elected
2004 - Bush reelected
2008 - Obama elected
2012 - Obama reelected.

That's a total of seven elections. Three went GOP, four went Democrat. I won't even bother discussing how your arbitrary selection of 1988 is a further problem.

Bush didn't win the popular vote in 2000. The GOP couldn't convince a majority of the electorate to vote for their candidate. The Democrats did, with Gore carrying the popular vote by half a million votes. Since 1988....the GOP has managed to convince the electorate to vote for their candidate a grand total of ONCE.

In 2004.

The Democrats have managed it 5 times. 1992, 1996, 2000, 2008 and 2014.

Point one, the first: 5 +1 = 6, so you still can't count.
And my scale is since 1988. And since 1988 there have been 6 elections. So my math is fine.

Point two, the second: Our system operates on an electoral college.

Irrelevant to my point; which is the GOP's abysmal record in convincing majority of the electorate to vote for their presidential ccandidates. In 5 of the last 6 presidential elections, the GOP has been unable to do it. In 5 of the last 6 elections, the Democrats did.

This made all the more relevant by the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact created in response to the 2000 election. States that have joined it have committed to assigning their electors to whoever wins the popular vote. At 160 of the 270 electoral votes necessary to clinch the presidency, they are well past half way to making the electoral college irrelevant. And the election going to the popular vote has strong support among both democrats and republicans.

So I ask again....what part of my post do you disagree with? As so far, everything I've said is accurate.

we don't elect presidents by popular vote. so your entire premise is bullshit.

Nope. My entire premise is valid: The GOP has an abysmal record of convincing the electorate to back their candidates. Ignore as you wish.

Bouncing back and forth between vague claims and specific claims is a logical fallacy. That you can't even figure out how many elections there have been between 1988 and now is a counting and math problem, and an example of how common core is failing our country.

1988 - Bush elected
1992 - Clinton elected
1996 - Clinton reelected
2000 - Bush elected
2004 - Bush reelected
2008 - Obama elected
2012 - Obama reelected.

That's a total of seven elections. Three went GOP, four went Democrat. I won't even bother discussing how your arbitrary selection of 1988 is a further problem.

Bush didn't win the popular vote in 2000. The GOP couldn't convince a majority of the electorate to vote for their candidate. The Democrats did, with Gore carrying the popular vote by half a million votes. Since 1988....the GOP has managed to convince the electorate to vote for their candidate a grand total of ONCE.

In 2004.

And my scale is since 1988. And since 1988 there have been 6 elections. So my math is fine.

Irrelevant to my point; which is the GOP's abysmal record in convincing majority of the electorate to vote for their presidential ccandidates. In 5 of the last 6 presidential elections, the GOP has been unable to do it. In 5 of the last 6 elections, the Democrats did.

This made all the more relevant by the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact created in response to the 2000 election. States that have joined it have committed to assigning their electors to whoever wins the popular vote. At 160 of the 270 electoral votes necessary to clinch the presidency, they are well past half way to making the electoral college irrelevant. And the election going to the popular vote has strong support among both democrats and republicans.

So I ask again....what part of my post do you disagree with? As so far, everything I've said is accurate.

Nope. My entire premise is valid: The GOP has an abysmal record of convincing the electorate to back their candidates. Ignore as you wish.

Really, Bush won twice, Reagan won twice, Bush 41 took a second term away from Carter, the GOP took the house and the senate in 2014. more than half of governors are republicans.

sorry, the electorate has dumped on the dems, not the GOP. 2016 will be an even bigger loss for the dems because the people are tired of incompetence, lying, and anti-american rhetoric.

You can thank Republicans for Obama’s renewed popularity

ROFLMNAO!

Adorable...

obama has the US record for the most seats lost to a party after their taking power.

If we could get obama re-elected Peasantpimp... there's strong probability that between THAT election and the mid-term, the Democrat party would cease to exist... if 'existence' was predicated on there being a Democrat in office, somewhere.

In 2004.

Really, Bush won twice, Reagan won twice, Bush 41 took a second term away from Carter, the GOP took the house and the senate in 2014. more than half of governors are republicans.

And yet in the last 6 elections, Republicans failed to convince the electorate to back them 5 times. The last time the GOP could consistently get the electorate behind them was before the internet.

Ignore as you will. Your willful ignorance really has no effect on these facts.

And yet in the last 6 elections, Republicans failed to convince the electorate to back them 5 times. The last time the GOP could consistently get the electorate behind them was before the internet.

which 6 elections? Obama 2 Bush 2, clinton 2 Bush 41 1. looks like 4 to 3 to me. Now if we add in the 2014 congressional election, 4 to 4.

Nope. My entire premise is valid: The GOP has an abysmal record of convincing the electorate to back their candidates.

No, you're just using the wrong electorate. You seem confused as to which electorate chooses the President.

Nope. My entire premise is valid: The GOP has an abysmal record of convincing the electorate to back their candidates.

No, you're just using the wrong electorate. You seem confused as to which electorate chooses the President.

Not in a conversation about who the people back in general elections. And not with 160 of electoral votes already committed to the winner of the popular election. And with popular vote and the electoral vote matching about 95% of the time.....ignore at your own peril.

But hey, maybe this year will be one of those 1 in 20 instances. But I wouldn't hang your hat on those 5%.

In the last 3 elections, obama has lost Democrat seats, across the board; Losing a majority in the US Federal Legislature, Losing Majorities in state legislatures and in Municipal Government as well.

In point of fact, no US President has realized more losses for its party than the Brown Clown. With Democrats losing in excess of 1000 seats from governance across the US Spectrum since obama was elected Peasantpimp.

Forum List

Back