You can still buy fertilizer

23141d1355746782t-you-can-still-buy-fertilizer-guns.jpg

Oh poster please. McVeigh's purpose was political terrorism -- not watching random victims drown in their own blood. McVeigh didn't even watch the incident. Obviously a very different purpose. Obvious to the sentient anyway.

Conflating apples with oranges again in hopes that no one will notice the apples have rinds, huh? How'd that work out with Bob Costas?

I can easily make the case that people NEED cars much easier than you can make the case that people NEED guns. Want to try? But you are right, if mass transit was a viable widespread alternative for cars, then I would agree that it would make sense. But it's not. Can you show me an example of where a private citizen absolutely must have a gun? Good luck.

A man is walking through the park with his family. Someone jumps out of the bushes and shoots his wife square in the head....He grabs his kids and runs behind a rock...... and....within seconds, he hears the killer approaching.....

He dam well better have a gun if he wants his children to survive.

And this is a common occurrence?

This is your justification? There is nothing better?

You should step back and read your idiocy.

Do you really NEEEEEDDDDD free speech?

Do you really NEEEEEED freedom of religion?

Get a brain, moran.

A man is walking through the park with his family. Someone jumps out of the bushes and shoots his wife square in the head....He grabs his kids and runs behind a rock...... and....within seconds, he hears the killer approaching.....

He dam well better have a gun if he wants his children to survive.

You should step back and read your idiocy.

Do you really NEEEEEDDDDD free speech?

Do you really NEEEEEED freedom of religion?

Get a brain, moran.

The fact that this is going over your head is not surprising in the least.

Why don't you make your typical reference to gay sex so we can all ignore you and move on.

There is a lot including my step father who uses them for hunting. He eats everything he hunts for.. You want to take that right away as well

Does he NEED to hunt?

No.

If people did not hunt we would have to many deer out there and that could be a big problem

So 20 children in CT and thousands upon thousands of innocent people each year need to die due to gun violence because there "might be an overpopulation of deer"?

Do you hear yourself? This is the best you can come up with?

Perhaps if that Janitor had a gun, we would not be having this conversation right now and 20 kids would still be looking forward to Christmas??

Perhaps. You think that's the solution then? Arm every citizen at all times so we're all in a constant state of 'preparedness'?

No. That is not what I am saying.

However, there is no doubt that many acts of violence are prevented becuase the potential victim had a gun...something they wouldnt have if guns were illegal.

Think about this debate board if this were the case....

A year from now, the second ammendment has been erased from the consitution for 6 months....and no one was grandfathered...so all those wishing to obey the law, gave up their firearms.

A man who didnt give a rats ass about the law walks into a crowded train and starts picking off passengers one by one. One man is shot in the arm, takes the blood and puts it on his face and acts like he is dead. Meanwhile the gunman passes him by and continues to pick off passengers...one by one...killing all in his path and never looking behind him for all are "dead"...

He completes his task and shoots himself.

The survivor is interviewed by the police from his hospital bed and says...

"6 months ago, I always carried a gun and if I had it with me today, most would still be alive."

Would you say the second ammendement was important that one day?

Perhaps if that Janitor had a gun, we would not be having this conversation right now and 20 kids would still be looking forward to Christmas??

Perhaps. You think that's the solution then? Arm every citizen at all times so we're all in a constant state of 'preparedness'?

However, there is no doubt that many acts of violence are prevented becuase the potential victim had a gun...something they wouldnt have if guns were illegal.

A year from now, the second ammendment has been erased from the consitution for 6 months....and no one was grandfathered...so all those wishing to obey the law, gave up their firearms.

A man who didnt give a rats ass about the law walks into a crowded train and starts picking off passengers one by one. One man is shot in the arm, takes the blood and puts it on his face and acts like he is dead. Meanwhile the gunman passes him by and continues to pick off passengers...one by one...killing all in his path and never looking behind him for all are "dead"...

"6 months ago, I always carried a gun and if I had it with me today, most would still be alive."

This is serious? I'm not trying to be a dick, but this is one of the most far fetched scenarios I have heard.

Let's put it like this. Which is likely to happen more frequently?

The number of times a scenario like the above happens OR the number of times someone is murdered with a gun? Honestly.

Hmm.. I carried a gun for 22 years as a requirement of my job, but never shot at anyone. During that time I shot thousands of rounds at a target, as a competitor. Which purpose was my gun used for? (you just can't argue with the mindless)

Hmm.. I carried a gun for 22 years as a requirement of my job, but never shot at anyone. During that time I shot thousands of rounds at a target, as a competitor. Which purpose was my gun used for? (you just can't argue with the mindless)

Your gun was for your job. Thanks for proving the point that the average citizen doesn't need one.

Your gun was for your job. Thanks for proving the point that the average citizen doesn't need one.

So Joe citizen doesn't enjoy skeet, trap, target shooting?. The olympics even include guns. In today's world, the average citizen needs one more than ever to protect his home and family. Or did you miss the crime stats in most major cities?

So Joe citizen doesn't enjoy skeet, trap, target shooting?. The olympics even include guns. In today's world, the average citizen needs one more than ever to protect his home and family. Or did you miss the crime stats in most major cities?

Skeet and trap shooting are leisure activities, hardly what I would call a need. Certainly not a reason to allow gun ownership over the value of innocent lives.

Right crime stats are bad, hence why we need to do something. You wish to double down on the issue and add more guns to the mix. I argue that we should move in the direction of other countries where gun control is stricter and........crime/violence is lower.

When there is a fire raging, you don't try and douse it with kerosene.

Skeet and trap shooting are leisure activities, hardly what I would call a need. Certainly not a reason to allow gun ownership over the value of innocent lives.

Right crime stats are bad, hence why we need to do something. You wish to double down on the issue and add more guns to the mix. I argue that we should move in the direction of other countries where gun control is stricter and........crime/violence is lower.

When there is a fire raging, you don't try and douse it with kerosene.

Check out the places in this country that have the stricest gun control, and look what it's done for them. Start with Washington DC. Until you have the same culture, way of living, court systems etc. as other countries, you can't do what they do.

This is serious? I'm not trying to be a dick, but this is one of the most far fetched scenarios I have heard.

Let's put it like this. Which is likely to happen more frequently?

The number of times a scenario like the above happens OR the number of times someone is murdered with a gun? Honestly.

Actually, I have heard that more violent crimes are averted thanks to a gun than innocent lives taken thanks to a gun.

No data....I heard it in passing.

As for my scenario? I was on a train right behind the one when people were shot to death oin the LIRR years ago.

Many of us spoke about how having a gun on us would have helped.

"Actually, I have heard that more violent crimes are averted thanks to a gun than innocent lives taken thanks to a gun.

No data....I heard it in passing."

You can't even begin to measure how many crimes do not happen because of guns, or even the possibilty of a gun. Bad people tend not to do crimes when they are likely to get caught or hurt/killed. If I wanted to break into a home.. I would choose the easy target. Never one where I thought a gun might be in my face as I crawl through the window. The complacent and the naive are so often the victims.

Actually, I have heard that more violent crimes are averted thanks to a gun than innocent lives taken thanks to a gun.

No data....I heard it in passing.

Talk is cheap.

As for my scenario? I was on a train right behind the one when people were shot to death oin the LIRR years ago.

Many of us spoke about how having a gun on us would have helped.

See above.

By the way those weapons of mass destruction used by Adam Lanza were acquired for "protection" to "avert violent crimes".

Yeah, aren't they all.

Last edited:
I guess we all seem to forget the primary reason for the Second Amendment to our Constitution. It was to make every man responsible for the safety of himself, his family and his country Not the government.

You in a militia?

Probably. By the definition used, I am: I am an able-bodied male of the appropriate age (which varied, but usually 16-40 or similar) and not a member of the armed forces.

Forum List

Back