You can still buy fertilizer

I guess we all seem to forget the primary reason for the Second Amendment to our Constitution. It was to make every man responsible for the safety of himself, his family and his country Not the government.

Thats the problem..

"And yet would Thomas Jefferson, the abiding figurehead of the Democratic Party, who famously wrote, "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants", really have shuddered at the idea of peasants with assault rifles, or would he have grinned at the playing field being leveled some more?" [snip]

There is a lot including my step father who uses them for hunting. He eats everything he hunts for.. You want to take that right away as well

Does he NEED to hunt?

No.

Do you need to drive to get from point A to B? You can talk mass transit. What he does is his business, not yours or your left wing basement dweller's.

Sure it is...when children and innocent people are dying at the rate they are it is all of our business.....well all of us who have a shred of common sense and care about the country.

I guess we all seem to forget the primary reason for the Second Amendment to our Constitution. It was to make every man responsible for the safety of himself, his family and his country Not the government.

I beg to differ.

Governments PRIMARY role is to protect the citizens of the United States.
The second ammendement was inserted into the constitution so the citizens would have a means to protect their liberties if government became tyranical in nature.

There is a lot including my step father who uses them for hunting. He eats everything he hunts for.. You want to take that right away as well

Does he NEED to hunt?

No.

Does one NEED to drive a car?
Cars cause more deaths of innocent victims than guns do.

I can easily make the case that people NEED cars much easier than you can make the case that people NEED guns. Want to try? But you are right, if mass transit was a viable widespread alternative for cars, then I would agree that it would make sense. But it's not. Can you show me an example of where a private citizen absolutely must have a gun? Good luck.

Does he NEED to hunt?

No.

Do you need to drive to get from point A to B? You can talk mass transit. What he does is his business, not yours or your left wing basement dweller's.

Sure it is...when children and innocent people are dying at the rate they are it is all of our business.....well all of us who have a shred of common sense and care about the country.

Then why are you not petitioning to have cars banned? They kill more children than guns.

Does he NEED to hunt?

No.

I can easily make the case that people NEED cars much easier than you can make the case that people NEED guns. Want to try? But you are right, if mass transit was a viable widespread alternative for cars, then I would agree that it would make sense. But it's not. Can you show me an example of where a private citizen absolutely must have a gun? Good luck.

Can you cite an example where a citizen MUST have a car?
Good luck...you will not be able to.

Fertilizer doesn't kill people.

People kill people.

...or some shit like that.

Unless it was aquired through Fast and Furious. Then it becomes an Obama/Holder Murder case right? Then it's not so much people huh?

Then why are you not petitioning to have cars banned? They kill more children than guns.

I understand the purpose that cars serve. I fail to see the purpose that guns serve. And cars are not used maliciously when death occurs (usually), guns are (usually).

See the difference?

Does he NEED to hunt?

No.

A man is walking through the park with his family. Someone jumps out of the bushes and shoots his wife square in the head....He grabs his kids and runs behind a rock...... and....within seconds, he hears the killer approaching.....

He dam well better have a gun if he wants his children to survive.

Seriously? Hows the mass transit in your town? Unless you're in a major city the mass transit system is lacking in most parts of the country. Now, compare that to the opposite. Where are their cases where someone needs a gun?

Seriously? Hows the mass transit in your town? Unless you're in a major city the mass transit system is lacking in most parts of the country. Now, compare that to the opposite. Where are their cases where someone needs a gun?

Mass transit?

How about horse and buggy?

Or is that too inconvenient?

A man is walking through the park with his family. Someone jumps out of the bushes and shoots his wife square in the head....He grabs his kids and runs behind a rock...... and....within seconds, he hears the killer approaching.....

And this is a common occurrence?

This is your justification? There is nothing better?

Perhaps if that Janitor had a gun, we would not be having this conversation right now and 20 kids would still be looking forward to Christmas??

I do not see the need for assault weapons....and ammunition designed to create the most amount of damage. I would most certainly be in favor of banning them.

But I do respect ones right to defend oneself against those that have no issue with breaking the law.

And, of course, those with no issue with breaking the law, would do so and likely have a gun, if guns were illegal.

Leaving the law abiding citizens defenseless against law breakers.

So it seems this is yet another failed thread by the selfish, me-first crowd who care more about their guns they they do about innocent children being needlessly killed. Be proud of yourselves, I'm sure you are true patriotic Americans.

Of course it flew right over your head but that was to be expected.

Perhaps if that Janitor had a gun, we would not be having this conversation right now and 20 kids would still be looking forward to Christmas??

Perhaps. You think that's the solution then? Arm every citizen at all times so we're all in a constant state of 'preparedness'?

I do not see the need for assault weapons....and ammunition designed to create the most amount of damage. I would most certainly be in favor of banning them.

But I do respect ones right to defend oneself against those that have no issue with breaking the law.

And, of course, those with no issue with breaking the law, would do so and likely have a gun, if guns were illegal.

Leaving the law abiding citizens defenseless against law breakers.

See I can agree with this. I don't think it's feasible or logical to ban all guns. But I do think we need stricter restrictions on who can own guns and what types of guns are legal. I think we need some sort of penalty that is so severe that you'd really have to think twice before possessing or using a gun.

Forum List

Back