you can be a quitter or a Marine, but you can't be both!

• Banned
"every marine has been briefed on Mad Dog Mattis' new rules of engagement: anyone with a weapon is going to be shot, and in this war, a cell phone is also a weapon!"

To understand the thinking is pretty simple the bad guys are going to kill you and if captured they are going to kill you a little bit at a time. So it is you choice, die fighting or die like a Lamb.

• Banned
"you worry too much about enemy resistance and that is because of your lack of battle experience. you're not doing enough to ambush the iraqis" - Mattis to Dowdy, before firing him

Dowdy chose the safety of his men over the success of his mission, and payed the price

• Banned
Mad Dog Mattis' high school basketball team was called "The Bombers", and their emblem was and remains...a mushroom cloud!

• Banned
"every moment his men are paused, exposes them to more danger. Mattis doesnt care much that everybody thinks the rear areas are secure. it was this kind of happy horseshit thinking that got 25K British soldiers killed in this same location.

every moment they are paused, Saddam is repositioning and resupplying his forces too, even though they are generally commanded by the cowardly fedayeen fighters. Mattis has seen these fedayeen scurrying between positions disguised in civilian clothing, using women and children as human shields. his disgusts is overwhelming. they are the type of dishonorable cowards he despises, "the most unworthy opponents we have ever faced"

fuck the pause...they'll pause after he rolls his tanks through Saddam's bedroom"

Marines don't make you invincible or a superman but it is the best training in the world and it will make men out of video game wonkers for free if you can take it.

"every moment his men are paused, exposes them to more danger. Mattis doesnt care much that everybody thinks the rear areas are secure. it was this kind of happy horseshit thinking that got 25K British soldiers killed in this same location.

every moment they are paused, Saddam is repositioning and resupplying his forces too, even though they are generally commanded by the cowardly fedayeen fighters. Mattis has seen these fedayeen scurrying between positions disguised in civilian clothing, using women and children as human shields. his disgusts is overwhelming. they are the type of dishonorable cowards he despises, "the most unworthy opponents we have ever faced"

fuck the pause...they'll pause after he rolls his tanks through Saddam's bedroom"
A General of the Cong wrote a book and stated that the USA had them beat three times. They were able to recover and resupply after ever cease fire they had during the war. I put a lot of weight on his views. Our leaders are the ones who lost that little war, not the troops. When you have call HQ to shoot a guy in a firefight with a gun, you are just cannon fodder. I could never serve under those rules. Korea was bad enough not going above the 38th in to North Korea.

A General of the Cong wrote a book and stated that the USA had them beat three times. They were able to recover and resupply after ever cease fire they had during the war. I put a lot of weight on his views. Our leaders are the ones who lost that little war, not the troops. When you have call HQ to shoot a guy in a firefight with a gun, you are just cannon fodder. I could never serve under those rules. Korea was bad enough not going above the 38th in to North Korea. [/QUOT
LBJ set the rules so that the U.S. could win every battle and still lose the freaking war. VC general Giap admitted that he was defeated after the (mostly Marine) victory of the Tet offensive but Walter Cronkite went to Vietnam, put on a helmet and flack jacket and pretended he was still under fire and that the victory was really a stalemate. LBJ quit the effort on T.V. when he said he would not run again and Giap had breathing room.

2 times it says Marine fired an ''M1911''...USMC hasn't used that since--around 1986...we used them for Marine Barracks guard duty--since we got all the ''old'' stuff ........isn't that an M45A1?..it's a variant of the M1911
.....so why use 2 different pistols? .45 bigger than 9mm and hits harder...but less rounds ..if Recon uses it, why not the rest of the Corps?..or vice versa?..I guess because of the special features
EDzvMmlXYAA_fq_

Last edited:
i have a jock-centered ethos that reflects my training as a Marine!

Marines usually got the shitty end of the stick during the 20th century. The Army had the M-14 for years before I had to qualify with the M-1 Garand in Boot Camp on Parris Island in 1960. The movie FMJ slightly exaggerates Boot Camp scenes but is pretty close. It still gives me episodes of something similar to PTSD dreams after all these years.

if Marines lose the trust of the american people, my friends, it will be gone forever!

"marines dont know how to spell the word defeat" - Gen James Mattis

The General tells 4 Cols to take a hill.

The AF Col bombs it flat
The Army Col sends in wave after wave of grunts until he occupies it
The Navy bombs it flat
The Marines send in a Squad who comes back carrying the hill and asks, "Where do you want it".

A large group of Iraqi soldiers are moving down a road when they hear a voice call from behind a sand dune. "One United States Marine is better than ten Iraqis!" The Iraqi commander quickly sends 10 of his best soldiers over the dune, whereupon a gun battle breaks and continues for a few minutes, then silence.

The voice then calls out "One United States Marine is better than one hundred Iraqis!" Furious, the Iraqi commander sends his next best 100 troops over the dune and instantly a huge firefight commences.

After 10 minutes of battle, again silence.

The American voice calls out again "One United States Marine is better than one thousand Iraqis!"

The enraged Iraqi Commander musters one thousand fighters and sends them across the dune. Cannons, rockets and machine guns ring out as a huge battle is fought. Then silence.

Eventually one wounded Iraqi fighter crawls back over the dune and with his dying words tells his commander, "Don't send any more men, it's a trap. There's two of them!"

NO ENEMY STANDS A CHANCE AGAINST THE RIGHTEOUS MIGHT OF THE US MARINES!

Forum List

Back