You Bush could have blamed Clinton for Sept 11

Since he was only in office 8 months when it happened. And the USS Cole was on his (clintons) watch and he had Bin Laden in his sights a few times and did nothing. But , did Bush blame Clinton for this no. HE took the high road and did what had to be done. Unlike the Blamer in chief we have in office now!

"Did Bush blame Clinton for this"? Yes he did....as did Righties in general.

you damn right the CITIZENS blamed Clinton..and rightfully so
now show us where Bush blamed Clinton? old rocks is already off trying to dig up on his claim..

Bush Blames Carter, Reagan, Clinton for 9/11 | ThinkProgress He also blamed Carter and Reagan. *chuckle

Since he was only in office 8 months when it happened. And the USS Cole was on his (clintons) watch and he had Bin Laden in his sights a few times and did nothing. But , did Bush blame Clinton for this no. HE took the high road and did what had to be done. Unlike the Blamer in chief we have in office now!

If you ever made a promise that you wouldn't post here again until after a nationally prominent Republican conservative took responsibility for some mistake, we would never hear from you again.

*cough*

Iraq war my biggest regret, Bush admits

Suzanne Goldenberg in Washington
The Guardian, Tuesday 2 December 2008

George Bush, in a moment of reflection ahead of his departure from the White House, last night admitted that the decision to go to war against Saddam Hussein on the basis of flawed intelligence was the biggest regret of his presidency. The acknowledgment marks the first time that Bush has publicly expressed doubts about his rationale for going to war on Iraq.

Interview: Iraq war my biggest regret, Bush admits | World news | The Guardian

Aside from these facts:

A. The story is from after the 2008 election and Bush is a lame duck.

B. Bush has continued to say that he would make the same decision again if the circumstances were the same.

The headline doesn't match the quote, which isn't all that surprising seeing as how it's the British press.

Bush actually said the following when speaking to ABC:
"The biggest regret of all the presidency has to have been the intelligence failure in Iraq," Bush told ABC television in an interview scheduled for broadcast last night. "I wish the intelligence had been different, I guess." But he followed that moment of candour with an attempt to try to deflect charges that the White House misled Congress and the public to build a case for war, arguing that there had been widespread belief that Saddam had a nuclear arsenal.
"It wasn't just people in my administration; a lot of members in Congress, prior to my arrival in Washington DC, during the debate on Iraq, a lot of leaders of nations around the world, were all looking at the same intelligence."

now show us where Bush blamed Clinton? old rocks is already off trying to dig up on his claim..

poor angry steffie... it must so suck to be you.

Bush and Cheney were a total incompetent disaster. OBVIOUSLY. They ignored their own terrorism Czar, warnings of Al qaeda learning to fly planes, James Woods ferchrissake...they were so incompetent I believe Cheney may have WANTED an excuse to attack SADDAM OMG what an stupid a-hole...

Way to string up Clinton over a BJ and bitch about wagging the dog whenever he went after OBL. Country be damned, the only important thing is obstructing Dems trying to run the country INTELLIGENTLY...Pub dupes are so fegging STUPID.

If you ever made a promise that you wouldn't post here again until after a nationally prominent Republican conservative took responsibility for some mistake, we would never hear from you again.

*cough*

George Bush, in a moment of reflection ahead of his departure from the White House, last night admitted that the decision to go to war against Saddam Hussein on the basis of flawed intelligence was the biggest regret of his presidency. The acknowledgment marks the first time that Bush has publicly expressed doubts about his rationale for going to war on Iraq.

Aside from these facts:

B. Bush has continued to say that he would make the same decision again if the circumstances were the same.

The headline doesn't match the quote, which isn't all that surprising seeing as how it's the British press.

"The biggest regret of all the presidency has to have been the intelligence failure in Iraq," Bush told ABC television in an interview scheduled for broadcast last night. "I wish the intelligence had been different, I guess." But he followed that moment of candour with an attempt to try to deflect charges that the White House misled Congress and the public to build a case for war, arguing that there had been widespread belief that Saddam had a nuclear arsenal.
"It wasn't just people in my administration; a lot of members in Congress, prior to my arrival in Washington DC, during the debate on Iraq, a lot of leaders of nations around the world, were all looking at the same intelligence."

:lol:

He's a former President not a lame duck for crying out loud. Good grief. What now? All former Presidents are lame ducks?

I'm sure you didn't mean that statement.

And after his Presidency now as a private citizen he could speak more freely about many issues.

The Guardian is a very left wing newspaper. It's the Daily Mail and the Telegraph that are conservative.

And if you had actually read the article that I linked to in the Guardian you would have realized it was based on the ABC interview.

Clinton gave the CIA the go ahead to kill Bin laden twice, the CIA however failed

Give a link.

Or your post means nada.

snopes.com: Clinton Administration and Terrorists

I don't see where the CIA failed him. Their intel was correct. And I've checked many sources over the years, because the CIA always gets it in the neck when something goes wrong, but as far as I have researched the hits on Afghanistan had good intel.

Even your own link says that the strikes only missed him by a few hours.

Last edited:

Bush Blames Carter, Reagan, Clinton for 9/11 | ThinkProgress He also blamed Carter and Reagan. *chuckle

I figured this was the only thing you all could dig up, some left wing website....nothing reputable...
even the damn WashingtonCompost would of done

what a joke

Last edited:

poor angry steffie... it must so suck to be you.

you would know about what it's like to suck I imagine..you have to follow people around the board to repeat the same stupid shit all the time..

but it blows your skirt up, so carry on

*cough*

Aside from these facts:

He's a former President not a lame duck for crying out loud. Good grief. What now? All former Presidents are lame ducks?

And after his Presidency now as a private citizen he could speak more freely about many issues.

The Guardian is a very left wing newspaper. It's the Daily Mail and the Telegraph that are conservative.

And if you had actually read the article that I linked to in the Guardian you would have realized it was based on the ABC interview.

Did YOU even read the article you posted? It was dated Dec 1, 2008 WHEN Bush was STILL president but only for another 7 weeks.

I figured this was the only sites you all could dig up...nothing REPUPABTALE, even the damn WashingtonCompost would of done

what a joke

Oh, you want more? Ok

The 9/11 Blame Game - TIME

and

Quick Fact: On CNN, Matalin falsely claims "Bush inherited" 9-11 attacks and recession | Media Matters for America

and

Cubin blames Clinton for 9/11

and

News Hounds: Sean Hannity Still Trying To Blame Clinton For 9/11

and

Right-wing author Morris blames Clinton, US Constitution for 9/11 | The Raw Story

for starters.

If only Bush had received a warning prior to 9/11 that Bin Laden was determined to attack the US. Like in a memo or something.

Look, I'm not blaming Bush for 9/11. The fault for that lies squarely on the terrorist jackasses who did it. I don't even think Bush could have done much to stop the attacks. That said, I think it's clear the Bush administration considered Bin Laden a non-threat and instead was focused on finding a reason to attack Iraq. And the idea that 9/11 can be blamed on Clinton is silly. Even if Clinton had a chance to kill Bin Laden and didn't not, which is debatable, it's still not his fault that Bin Laden did something months after Clinton left office.

You mean, you didn't read the quote from BUSH'S San Diego speech? tsk tsk.

You mean, you didn't read my first post on this thread when I said Bush AND other Righties? tsk tsk

You Bush could have blamed Clinton for Sept 11

....Much like BUSHCO blamed....

420242.65560.jpg

Last edited:

Like hell. Clinton gave clear warning to Bush concerning Bin Laden. And people in Bush's administration made a joke about "Clinton's obsession with Bin Laden". A very correct obsession.

If Clinton and his People were so concerned with bin Laden, then why didn't they act? Why would you gut the Defense and Intel budgets AND push for a Gorelick-authored memo to prevent law enforcement agencies from sharing data? Bush and his People were correct in joking about Clinton's obsession......that's all it was; a feeling backed by actions that clearly did not support it.

Clinton's warning to Bush was nothing more than his vintage, "cover my ass". 9-11 or not, Bush knew he had to rebuild intel.

Aside from these facts:

Did YOU even read the article you posted? It was dated Dec 1, 2008 WHEN Bush was STILL president but only for another 7 weeks.

For cripes sakes, are you really going to quibble about a couple of weeks? He's out the door for crying out loud. Whenever a new President is elected in November basically the one in office isn't a lame duck, but just a show piece.

Exit stage right. Come on. He was admitting his mistakes. You should be applauding this.

And BTW, I thought the one person who completely captured what it was like in the White House in the last days was that hysterical video that President Clinton made where he's washing the Presidential limousine and riding his bike and giving Hillary her lunch in the limo.

He nailed it with that. Too funny.

Like hell. Clinton gave clear warning to Bush concerning Bin Laden. And people in Bush's administration made a joke about "Clinton's obsession with Bin Laden". A very correct obsession.

Clinton like Bush had no interest in stopping Bin Laden.Clinton had three different chances to capture Bin Laden.Two or three different countries had him where they could easily apprehend him or take him out and Clinton told them to back off each time.Matter of fact it was all over the news at that time on national networks of a general coming on televison saying in front of everybody that they were ready to go in and capture Bin Ladin but Clinton told them to back off.

Bin Laden like Oswald was for Kennedy,was their scapegoat for 9/11. Clinton along with Bush,is involved up to his ears on this.Thats why Ramsey Clark wont come forward and will only say Bush is because if he says Clinton is as well,that exposes that both parties were complicict like ther were.

Still wonder why Clinton wouldn't give the go-ahead to kill him when the CIA had him the FIRST time, after the FIRST WTC bombing.

Thats cause like I said,he was their planned scapegoat like Oswald was for Kennedy.The government failed the first time to pull off 9/11 in 93 under clinton so they came back and tired again under his buddy Bush this time succeeding. Oh and your an idiot if your going to vote to reelect Obama.Your sig is so dead wrong.Bush started the recession and our current wars but Obama has expanded and accelerated it.You need to click on that link in my sig and watch that video THE OBAMA DECEPTION. Ron Paul is our ONLY hope.

Forum List

Back