You Believe NASA should be cut? Read this and think again.

Some of these cuts may have the opposite effect by decreasing the size of our economy. When we're cutting, we must stay away from decreasing the scale of our ability to create (innovate) and keeping opportunity within the jobs market. What we must do is focus on cutting the waste and thinking before we do things that don't benefit us. It works both ways as decreasing our wealth will hurt our ability to recover from the debt.

The wars in the Middle East don't benefit us as we haven't gained anything from it. It sucks from our economy as these men could be adding to our economy here at home. Nasa benefits us simply because it 1# it provides jobs, 2# It gives us a technical edge. This is within our economy and helps us as a nation in both keeping us the most advance nation on earth and giving our population wealth.

Yes, we do need to cut, but NASA shouldn't be the focus. We better be ready to cut the military and close a shit load of bases before we do that. We better be ready to open up space to the private sector to cushion the blow...

One more thing Nasa has already been cut 1.5 billion dollars. It's time to cut the military and welfare.

Just cutting subsidies for EXISTING PRODUCTS would more than fund NASA.
More importantly -- it would put the emphasis on R&D and away from stupid ass market manipulation and political payback.

SUBSIDIES for all that Green Crap are costing BILLIONS. GE paid no taxes largely BECAUSE of green subsidies. Time to stop feeding the animals and let them return to the wild.

Don't look at me -- I vote Libertarian when I can. THere'd BE no massive foreign based military or Corporate subsidies if more people did the same. ((Whoops wrong forum)) :cool: Gary Johnson wouldn't "use a scalpel" --- he's got a turbo powered CHAIN SAW. Always use the proper tool --- that's what Dad always said...

when one of you 'conservatives' suggest doing the same for the fossil fuel industry, I will consider your point of view.

I'm all for that. But let's define subsidy.. I don't consider the Interstate Hiway system a "subsidy" for Big Oil --- yet it's included in most leftist lists of "oil subsidies". And I don't consider tax breaks that every OTHER company gets to take as a "big oil" subsidy either including R&D or equipment write-offs.

But other than that -- you're on.. Anything that SUBSIDIZES an EXISTING product is wasted money and a distorted marketplace..

Forum List

Back