You become a adult, you can buy a car

agraw

Rookie
Feb 23, 2012
America
Next week I'm become a adult, and my father is going to buy a car for me.
of course,I have been using bicycle before.
I think I want A FIAT 500
What about you? what is your first car?

Mazel tov. Still 3 years before you can drive it though ;)

First motor vehicle was a Yamaha Puch scooter, top speed about 38mph if no headwind. :)

First car, Mazda 626 used for $1k No heating, gas gauge didn't work, but it was a car. :)

My first car was 20 years old and was older than me, It was a 69 Ford Thunderbird with a 429 and suicide doors.

new_paint1.jpg

Last edited:
My first car was a '71 Volvo sedan. No chick magnet by any means, but it was reliable and what I could afford, back in the days when kids paid for their own stuff.

Why is your dad buying you a car? You should be buying for one yourself. If you can't afford one then do without until you can afford one. You should be paying for your own insurance, gas, inspections, repairs, registration too.

Why is your dad buying you a car? You should be buying for one yourself. If you can't afford one then do without until you can afford one. You should be paying for your own insurance, gas, inspections, repairs, registration too.

Here! Here!
I paid for my first car working for an Autobody Shop during the summer when I was 15.
This would have been 1980.

sory
For this issue, I am ashamed
This is just a gift, maybe I should have told my father that I will give you money.
But really, I now need a car, maybe I should consider whether or not to accept this gift

sory
This is just a gift, maybe I should have told my father that I will give you money.
But really, I now need a car, maybe I should consider whether or not to accept this gift

ehhh... take the car...

'n tell everyone else that bayoubill said to tell 'em to go fuck themselves... :)

sory

Take the car, get a job, pay your dad back in installments. Even if you split the cost with him and even if it takes five years, you will have kicked in for it and you will be proud that you did so. There's a lot to be said for paying/earning something for yourself vs. having something like this handed to you. Good luck!

If you want to be independent, buy your own car and pay for your insurance, service and gas. That's important to some while to others it's of no importance.

sory

Don't be ashamed. It is okay.
Parents are supposed to help their children when they are young and it is your responsibility to take care of them when they are old.

Next week I'm become a adult, and my father is going to buy a car for me.
of course,I have been using bicycle before.
I think I want A FIAT 500
What about you? what is your first car?

My stepsister died and left me her 1983 Toyota Tercel. It sipped gas. I could go really far with it and not burn a lot of gas. I loved that car and it reminded me of her but it was old and had almost 200,000 miles on it. I just liked to sit in it and play music and think because it reminded me of her.

Forum List

Back