You Be the Judge (But I wouldn't want to be one):

I just read an article about the watch. I think the TSA agents set up a scam. Apparently they were asking all the women to remove their jewelry which is not standard procedure. The cameras were turned off. Hmmmm. This was a comment on the article:

I happened to be there when this watch went missing. I was in the security line next to her. They not only asked her to take off her watch they asked 2 or 3 other people to take their's off before going thru the metal detector. Once I got up to the metal detector this lady had already gone thru and was in a secondary screening. When the TSA agent saw my wrist she asked my to take my bracelets off (I wear 3 on each wrist), I politely told her that they were 100% gold and that if they set off the metal detector my husband has some explaining to do!!!!! I went thru without a problem and was sitting to put my shoes back on when this poor woman realized that her watch was missing

Baker County woman sues after Rolex goes missing at Norfolk airport | jacksonville.com

100% gold? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I travel constantly, I have never been asked to remove jewelry.... and if anyone did, I'd be asking them for an explanation.... and a receipt. I tend to wear an expensive diamond necklace pretty much all the time.... Ain't taking it off for no one. Ever. Just won't happen.

Well hopefully this story will educate people on what is standard operating procedure. My mother got all of her jewelry stolen out of her checked baggage several years ago, so now I only wear my good stuff and pack nothing. We trust these people to keep us safe and some of them are criminals. DTA (don't trust anybody) I guess.

film should prove if there was a watch or not....if there was...she needs to get her watch or money

what poor judgement....i would think that when the student began to unbutton or raise the blouse would might stop the show....

yes, they are being forced to take a day off when they are more than willing to work...what is the cost of paying these workers..compared to the overall costs of the visit

the article says the cameras weren't working that day.

Yeah read that.

Convenient that the camera wasn't working at that moment, isn't it?

Now ask yourself for whom is that failure of recording most convenient?

The TSA, obviously.

Pay the woman.

Some TSA people probably stole her watch.

Judging from the article, from the fact that not only was she further detained after passing through the checkpoint (while her watch disappeared), but also judging that the camera conveniently stopped recording, I'd say some TSA emplooyees conspired to rip her off, too.

And my guess is if they did that to her, they have been doing it to others, as well.

Last edited:
If Iam the judge

The woman would be compensated for her watch.

The teacher would not be fired.

And the workers should be paid.

The woman would be compensated for her watch.(after producing the certs that come with that kind of watch) Buying a rolex isnt like buying a timex

The woman would be compensated for her watch.(after producing the certs that come with that kind of watch) Buying a rolex isnt like buying a timex

The certification would be a critical component both to establish that the watch existed and to verify its value. I don't think all Rolex watches cost $24k do they?

Other sources say the watch was a gift from her husband--late husband?--however, so she might not have the paperwork. That part I don't know.

Most people with high value jewelry items like that, however, do buy an extra rider to cover such items that are then scheduled on their homeowner's policy. So she could file a claim and let her insurance company fight it out with TSA.

If she is not insured, cannot prove the watch existed and was worth what she claims, I think she's probably not going to collect.

I'm still wavering on whether to fire or censure the teacher. I know sh*t happens suddenly and without warning, but it does seem improbable that the girls could have taken it all off before she had opportunity to intervene. Still, is even a mock strip tease suitable for highschool?

I guess I'm leaning toward paying the workers and firing people who would put them out of a day's work just so they could have a photo op. But then most workers paid by the hour don't get paid if their place of work is closed down due to fire, flood, or other causes. Nobody compensates business people who lose business when their streets are closed off to accommodate motorcades or even street repairs. So that one may not be completely cut and dried.

thanks for that lil' bit of consideration for the business POV on the day off thing. as a business owner with employees, i think it is outrageous that they should get paid for not working. the plant is closed for inspection that day. inspection by the POTUS, which his security guys say precludes their being much work done or many employees there. it is a day off which employees should just deal with. $100 out of the monthly budget, which, like the owners of the facility, and those interested in state investment in their green line of work, should see as a time to cross fingers for some overtime in the future.

Forum List

Back