You Are What You Eat

I love all sorts of food and cuisines. However, the three most important 'food groups' for me are 1. Thai, 2. Italian, 3. Indian.

There's hardly a week when I don't eat something from each of those cuisines.

liberals - more healthy options -- more complex foreign type foods

conservatives - less health options - plainer American type foods

___

Yeah this is believeable.

A generalization, but one that probably has an element of truth in it.

I have little doubt that one could do the same for many other area's of lifestyle.

Car choices for example.

Where people go on vacation, another example.

TV viewing, another.

Advocations, another.

In fact, I'd say the differences between self proclaimining liberals V self proclaiming conservatives is more evident of their LIFESTYLE CHOICES, than can be found in the policies of the politicians they both support.

America may never again have a civil war, but its a cinch we're already having a SOCIAL civil war.

There really are fundamental differences in VALUES between conservatives and liberals.

I SUSPECT that generally this has something to do with formal educational levels, too.

Liberals tend to have more formal education (note I am not saying liberals are smarter, merely that they have more formal education) than conservatives.

But when you look at the breakdown of what formal education both cons and libs take, you also see a pattern of different behaviors and values there, too.

Cons tend to go more for the education leading to professions like engineering, maths and sciences, whereas liberal tend to go more toward social sciences, education, and liberal arts.

Last edited:
I love all sorts of food and cuisines. However, the three most important 'food groups' for me are 1. Thai, 2. Italian, 3. Indian.

There's hardly a week when I don't eat something from each of those cuisines.

I am also pretty eclectic in my food tastes. Raised southern, I do enjoy fried chicken, fried pork chops, ham, bacon, a good steak, a savory pot roast, and a hearty beef stew--and yeah, I am conservative. :) My southern roots also include appreciation for fresh salads, collard and turnip greens, black eyed peas, sweet potatoes just about any way you fix them, lots of stuff made with cottage cheese, mashed potatoes, biscuits and gravy, grits, just about every kind of bean, fried okra, and lots and lots of all kinds of squash prepared many different ways.

But I also enjoy all of the Asian cuisines--at least most of it. I enjoy a lot of Indian cuisine but just can't go the jellied eels. Italian, Greek, and French food all great--like some German staples--don't like Swedish all that much. And being in New Mexico, all manner of red and green chili, tortillas, seasoned rice, enchiladas, homemade tamales, great burritos, refried beans, posole, etc. are staples of the New Mexican/Mexican cuisine that is virtually required if you're going to be a resident here.

Last edited:
I see these wimpy douchebags at the supermarket putting their purchases into those reusable tote bags.

I use those to keep from using (and stockpiling) plastic bags. They're washable and you don't have to throw away huge wads of plastic that take 10,000 years to disintigrate. What is wrong with you?

Forum List

Back