You Are Special. Don't Ever Forget It.

AnonymousIV

May 18, 2011
Dr. Charles W. Edwards, Jr. sends....

You Are Special. Don't Ever Forget It.

A well-known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $100 bill. In the room of more than 200 people, he asked, "Who would like to have this $100 bill?"
Hands started going up.
He proceeded to crumple up the $100 bill. He then asked, "Who still wants this $100 bill?"
Still the hands were up in the air.
"Well," he replied, "What if I do this?"
And he droppped it on the floor and started to grind it with his shoe.
He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty. "Now, who still wants it?
Still the hands went into the air.
"My friends, we have all learned a very valuable lesson today and one that hopefully you will never forget. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value," he said. It was still worth $100.
Many times in our lives, we are dropped crumpled and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We may feel as though we are worthless. But no matter what has happened or what will happen in this life, you will never lose your value. Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, you are still priceless to those who love you.
The worth of our lives comes not in what we do or who we know, buy by who we are.
We are Disabled American Veterans, we are special, and let us never forget it. Yes, let us count our blessings and not our problems.

New Topics

Forum List

Back