You Are A Bigot If You Think The NYC Mosque is Inappropriate.

On the eve of Ramadan on August 11, the National Council of Churches, its Interfaith Relations Commission and Christian participants in the National Muslim-Christian Initiative, issued a strong call for respect for our Muslim neighbors.

“Christ calls us to ‘love your neighbor as yourself’ (Matthew 22:39,” the statement said. “It is this commandment, more than the simple bonds of our common humanity, which is the basis for our relationship with Muslims around the world.”

The statement supported building Cordoba House “as a living monument to mark the tragedy of 9/11 through a community center dedicated to learning, compassion, and respect for all people.”

Now the National Council of Churches reaffirms that support and calls upon Christians and people of faith to join us in that affirmation.

The alternative to that support is to engage in a bigotry that will scar our generation in the same way as bigotry scarred our forebears.

Three-hundred years ago, European settlers came to these shores with a determination to conquer and settle at the expense of millions of indigenous peoples who were regarded as sub-human savages. Today, we can’t look back on that history without painful contrition.

One-hundred and fifty years ago, white Americans subjugated black Africans in a cruel slavery that was justified with Bible proof-texts and a belief that blacks were inferior to whites. Today, we look back on that history with agonized disbelief.

Sixty years ago, in a time of war and great fear, tens of thousands of Japanese-Americans were deprived of their property and forced into detention camps because our grandparents feared everyone of Japanese ancestry. Today that decision is universally regarded as an unconscionable mistake and a blot on American history.

Today, millions of Muslims are subjected to thoughtless generalizations, open discrimination and outright hostility because of the actions of a tiny minority whose violent acts defy the teachings of Mohammed.

How will we explain our ignorance and our compliance to our grandchildren?

It’s time to turn away from ignorance and embrace again the words of Christ: Love your neighbor as yourself.

In that spirit, we welcome the building of Cordoba House and Mosque near Ground Zero.

MIchael Kinnamon is the General Secretary of National Council of Churches of the US.
Cordoba House and Mosque at Ground Zero | Spero News

Are you defending the Islmaic religion? If so, why?

The Muslims taught it to the Spanish. The Spanish were given and OBJECT lesson in how to build religious edifices on the sites of victories by the Muslims in the 700s. Google the original Cordoba mosque. The seat of the Caliphate and the second largest mosque in all of Islam.

Seriously, you need to understand what exactly is going on. This is not just some religious institution that wants to build a harmless place of worship or community center. That is not how the Muslim religion functions. They don't recognize a division between church and state. That would be heretical thinking.

oh right... because the SPANISH never conquered people until MUSLIMS came along....

:rofl:

I mean, it's not as if a SPANIARD ever conquered a land by taking advantage of a religious prophesy or anything...

Hernán Cortés de Monroy y Pizarro

FUCK! is that a SPANISH NAME???!?!

yes it is. of course, he came 700+ years later, but why let details get in the way of a good rant? i know i don't. :lol:

ahh yes.. by that 700th year he was CLEARLY just acting like muslim invaders from the dark ages!

hilarious!

Maybe she just doesn't read the EXPERT COMMENTARY at the same blogs as you do.

:cuckoo:

What the fuck are you even talking about? Any idea?

I thought not. Nutter
Then where are you getting the ridiculous information you post?

Google is your friend. You need to pick up the information on this intended site they want to build and start following the threads. What might it mean to them? What is the history of it? Why does it have to be near ground zero when there are over 100 mosques in NYC? Why can't it be 1/2 mile away? What is the point? Start asking yourself those questions and start seeing if you can find the answers. That's all I did.

And no, blogs are not considered to be anything by me but so much hot air, so I don't even click on them, much less read them. My education and training is better than most of those opinions I would be reading anyway. I'm perfectly capable of reading original sources, analyzing it and synthesizing an opinion from it. The information is out there. I looked at over a dozen sites before arriving at these conclusions. I couldn't tell you all of them because I didn't write them down, but fortunately, Google will work for you too.

oh right... because the SPANISH never conquered people until MUSLIMS came along....

I mean, it's not as if a SPANIARD ever conquered a land by taking advantage of a religious prophesy or anything...

yes it is. of course, he came 700+ years later, but why let details get in the way of a good rant? i know i don't. :lol:

ahh yes.. by that 700th year he was CLEARLY just acting like muslim invaders from the dark ages!

hilarious!

actually, IIRC, there was no spain until the muslims came and went.

hilarious!

Not like they raised it out of the sea. Name change.

I thought not. Nutter

Google is your friend. You need to pick up the information on this intended site they want to build and start following the threads. What might it mean to them? What is the history of it? Why does it have to be near ground zero when there are over 100 mosques in NYC? Why can't it be 1/2 mile away? What is the point? Start asking yourself those questions and start seeing if you can find the answers. That's all I did.

And no, blogs are not considered to be anything by me but so much hot air, so I don't even click on them, much less read them. My education and training is better than most of those opinions I would be reading anyway. I'm perfectly capable of reading original sources, analyzing it and synthesizing an opinion from it. The information is out there. I looked at over a dozen sites before arriving at these conclusions. I couldn't tell you all of them because I didn't write them down, but fortunately, Google will work for you too.
:rolleyes: In other words your posts are the work of your overwrought imagination on this subject.

A mosque built to commemorate a victory? That must be where the Spanish conquistadors learned how to build missions whenever the indigenous people were conquered.

The Muslims taught it to the Spanish. The Spanish were given and OBJECT lesson in how to build religious edifices on the sites of victories by the Muslims in the 700s. Google the original Cordoba mosque. The seat of the Caliphate and the second largest mosque in all of Islam.

Seriously, you need to understand what exactly is going on. This is not just some religious institution that wants to build a harmless place of worship or community center. That is not how the Muslim religion functions. They don't recognize a division between church and state. That would be heretical thinking.

You still have no idea what you are talking about do you?

Do you have any idea when you will start having any a clue about what your are talking about? If so, let me know and I'll start looking at your posts then.

I'll give you a hint. The Muslims defeated the Visigoths (a German tribe) to control the area now known as Spain. Now quit prattling and start researching.

hilarious!

riiiight.. there sure wasn't a population of people speaking local dialects until... you know... big evil moooooslims came along and showed them how to conquer and make a national flag.

:lol:

gosh, WHO KNEW that all those spanish conquistadors were just perpetuating their MOOOOSLIM history?

:rolleyes: In other words your posts are the work of your overwrought imagination on this subject.

That would be transference. Just because you decide to do no research and decide to stick your head in the sand, doesn't mean that's the standard other people adhere to. Of course you would need someone to tell you what it is you're reading so you could understand it. So it's not surprising that you would revert to invective to try to make a point when there is none to make.

hilarious!

riiiight.. there sure wasn't a population of people speaking local dialects until... you know... big evil moooooslims came along and showed them how to conquer and make a national flag.

gosh, WHO KNEW that all those spanish conquistadors were just perpetuating their MOOOOSLIM history?

Dumb ass.

Really, do you need to flaunt how big of an ass you are making of yourself?

It really is pathetic.

hilarious!

nope, just being humans. it's what we do.

I thought not. Nutter

YEA! and if you don't believe that his education is better than most then JUST ASK HIM!

ps, in case you missed it, he totally PUSSED OUT after being challenged to post his sources.

gosh.. what ARE the chances?

That would be transference. Just because you decide to do no research and decide to stick your head in the sand, doesn't mean that's the standard other people adhere to. Of course you would need someone to tell you what it is you're reading so you could understand it. So it's not surprising that you would revert to invective to try to make a point when there is none to make.
Wrong...you make some ridiculous statements. For instance that this a "victory" dance (the Islamic center) to be dedicated on 9/11/11. Bullshit...there is no evidence to support that whatsoever.

I guess it's a good thing MOOOOSLIMS aren't so much "human" as they are "evil devil spawns teaching poor, innocent future Spaniars how to conquer lands"..

I guess it's a good thing MOOOOSLIMS aren't so much "human" as they are "evil devil spawns teaching poor, innocent future Spaniars how to conquer lands"..

You need to be thankful for Muslims Shogun. Otherwise we'd be focused on you as evil spawn. :lol:

if you say so.
i've visited spain and some of the muslim structures and art are amazing. the irrigation system that they installed at alhambra in the 1300s still functions as well as the day it was installed.

Forum List

Back