yom kippur 2011

Why do you think you got "fussed at" Bones?

cause i said...."happy yom kippur' and was told it was not that type of holiday etc

i know when someone is fussing at me
The Jews do not want you to participate in their holiday.

They feel that they must protect their “victimhood” status.

You are not a member of the “chosen people” club.

In fact, they wished the celebration day was not posted on calendars.

Because they do not want the goyim to know what date it falls on. :cool:

You follow a cult invented by a pedophile and virgin fondler, so, who's the victim, muhammadan sociopath?

Ibn Ishaq, The Life of Muhammad... :eek:
Muhammad married ‘A’isha in Mecca when she was a child of six and lived with her in Medina when she was nine or ten. She was the only virgin that he married. Her father, Abu Bakr, married her to him and the apostle gave her four hundred dirhams

Sahih Bukhari [sacred islamic scripture] :lol:
Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah: When I got married, Allah's Apostle said to me, "What type of lady have you married?" I replied, "I have married a matron' He said, "Why, don't you have a liking for the virgins and for fondling them?" Jabir also said: Allah's Apostle said, "Why didn't you marry a young girl so that you might play with her and she with you?'

Sahih Bukhari... :clap2:
Narrated 'Aisha: I used to wash the traces of Janaba (semen) from the clothes of the Prophet and he used to go for prayers while traces of water were still on it (water spots were still visible).

Holocaust (sacrifice)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Contents
[hide]

* 1 Greek sacrifice
* 2 Jewish sacrifice
o 2.1 Ritual
* 3 Origin
* 4 See also
* 5 Notes
* 6 References

"Burnt offering" redirects here. For the Northampton punk zine, see Burnt Offering.

A holocaust is a religious animal sacrifice that is completely consumed by fire. The word derives from the Ancient Greek holocaustos (ὁλόκαυστος from ὅλος "whole" + καυστός "burnt"), which is used solely for one of the major forms of sacrifice.

When the Hebrew Bible was translated into Greek, as the Septuagint, the translators used the Greek term to translate the "burnt offering" in Ancient Israel.[1][2]
[edit] Greek sacrifice

Holokautein (ὁλοκαυτεῖν) was one of the two chief verbs of Greek sacrifice, in which the victim is utterly destroyed and burnt up, as opposed to thyesthai (θύεσθαι), to share a meal with the god and one's fellow worshippers, commensal sacrifice. In the latter, the edible parts of the sacrificed animal were roasted and distributed for festive celebration, whereas the inedible parts were burned on the altar, those being the god's share. Although not actually obliged to do so, Greeks would rather sacrifice a domestic animal to a god or hero and then proceed to use its flesh as food, as animals were thought of as sharing in the sanctity of life - in addition to their secular usefulness (milk, eggs, ploughing). This did not apply to game, fish, and other seafood, which formed a far larger proportion of the diet then than they do today - fish was the major foodstuff sold in ancient Greek marketplaces. A sacrifice need not be a public function involving priests and altars; they could also be held privately, domestically or individually.

These are the two ideal types of Greek sacrificial ritual; they are appropriate to different divinities, done for different purposes, and conducted by different methods. Holocausts are apotropaic rituals, intended to appease the spirits of the Underworld, including the Greek heroes, who are spirits of the dead; they are also given to malign powers, such as the Keres and Hecate. One of the earliest attested holocausts was Xenophon's offering of pigs to Zeus Meilichius.[3]

Holocausts are conducted at night, without wine, and offer black-hided animals at a low altar, with their heads directed downwards; in all these they are opposed to the commensal sacrifice given to the Olympian gods. (This distinction is between extreme types, and was somewhat exaggerated in the early twentieth century, as by Jane Harrison; considerable evidence has been also been found of commensal sacrifice offered to heroes.)[4]
[edit] Jewish sacrifice
Main article: Burnt offering (Judaism)

A "burnt offering" (Hebrew: עלה*, `olah - from the verb "to cause to ascend," hence "burn") is a type of Biblical sacrifice, specifically an animal sacrifice in which the entire sacrifice is completely burnt, consumed totally by fire. The term "burnt offering" derives from the Septuagint translation, itself deriving from the Biblical phrase "an offering made by fire", which occurs in the description (Leviticus 1) of the offering.[5] This form of sacrifice, in which no meat was left over for anyone, was seen as the greatest form of sacrifice[5] and was the form of sacrifice permitted by Judaism to be given at the Temple by Jews (Deuteronomy 12:31, Leviticus 18:21, 20:2) and non-Jews.[5]
[edit] Ritual

The animals, having first been checked to ensure they were free from disease and unblemished (a requirement of the sacrifice), were brought to the north side of the altar, and killed by either the offerer, or a priest. The animal's blood was carefully collected by priests and sprinkled around the altar. Unless the animal was a bird, its corpse was flayed, the skin given to the priest (who was permitted to keep it). In later times more powerful priests forcibly took possession of the skins from the lesser priests, and it was decreed that the skins should be sold, with the proceeds being given to the Temple in Jerusalem (Tosefta 19) The flesh of the animal was divided according to detailed instructions given by the Talmud (Tamid 31), and would then be placed on the wood on the altar (which was constantly on fire due the large number of sacrifices carried out daily), and slowly burnt. After the flesh (including any horns and goats' beards) had been reduced to ashes, usually the following morning, the ashes were taken by the priest to a ritually clean location outside the sanctuary, and dumped there.[5][Need quotation to verify]
[edit] Origin

In classical rabbinical literature, there are several different etymologies given for the term olah,[5] though all agree that it literally translates as (that which) goes up, as do modern linguists. Some classical rabbis argued that the term referred to ascent of the mind after making the sacrifice, implying that the sacrifice was for atonement for evil thoughts, while others argued that it was a sacrifice to the highest, because it was entirely given over to the deity.[5] Modern scholars, however, argue that it simply refers to the burning process, as the meat goes up in flames.[5]

The whole offering is believed to have evolved as an extreme form of the slaughter offering, whereby the portion allocated to the deity increased to all of it.[5] In slaughter offerings, the portion allocated to the deity was mainly the fat, the part which can most easily be burnt (fat is quite combustible); scholars believe it was felt that the deity, being aethereal, would appreciate aethereal food more than solid food—the burning of the fatty parts of animals being to produce smoke as a sweet savour for the deity.[5] Some passages in the Book of Judges, dated by textual scholars to periods earlier than the Priestly Code, appear to show the development of the principle and practise of whole offerings;[5] in the story of Gideon, a slaughter offering of a young goat and unleavened bread is destroyed when fire sent from heaven consumes it; in the story of Samson's birth, his father, who was intending to make a slaughter offering so that he could give a meal to an angel, is told by the angel to burn it completely instead.

Most biblical scholars now agree that the intricate details of the whole offering, particularly the types and number of animals on occasion of various feast days, given by the Torah, were of a late origin, as were the intricate directions given in the Talmud.[5] Whole offerings were quite rare in early times, but as the ritual became more fixed and statutory, and the concentration of sacrifice into a single sanctuary (particularly after Josiah's reform) made sacrifices quite distinct from simply killing animals for food, whole offerings gradually rose to great prominence.[5]

In Greek and Roman pagan rites, gods of the earth and underworld received dark or golden animals, which were offered by night and burnt in full.

One of the Jewish sacrifices specified by the Torah, the olah was completely burnt. These, whole offerings, were referred to in Hebrew as `olah, a term translated as holocauston in the Septuagint. Today, some English Bible translations render the word as holocaust, and others translate it as burnt offering. For example, Exodus 18:12a is translated in the New American Bible as Then Jethro, the father-in-law of Moses, brought a holocaust and other sacrifices to God, while it is translated in the New International Version as Then Jethro, Moses' father-in-law, brought a burnt offering and other sacrifices to God.[6]

In the mid-nineteenth century the word began to be used by a large variety of authors[who?] to reference large catastrophes and massacres.[citation needed] In the 20th century it became strongly associated with the Final Solution of the Nazis' Third Reich. It was also used during the Cold War to refer to worldwide nuclear annihilation.

The word Holohoax best describes the Zionist Jews myth. :cool:

Seek psychiatric counseling, mentally ill muhammadan loser.:cuckoo:

Do not breed.

Dr. Wafa Sultan, Among Time magazine's 100 men and women whose power, talent or moral example is transforming our world
When I examined the Koran, the hadiths and the Islamic books under my microscope, I came to the absolute conviction that it is impossible--IMPOSSIBLE-- for any human being to read the biography of Muhammad and believe in it and yet emerge a psychologically and mentally healthy person.

Do you remember the way that Muhammad killed Asma bint Marwan? His followers tore her body apart limb from limb while she was breastfeeding her child. When they returned to him shouting, "Allah Akbar," he said: "Two goats would lock horns over her." As you know, goats lock horns over the most inconsequential thing. For Muhammad, however, the killing of a woman while breastfeeding was too trivial an incident for goats to lock horns over. Is this a prophet of God?

The language of Islam is a negative, dead language, replete with violence, anger, hatred and racism. Man is a product of his language, the outcome of the negative and positive language to which he is exposed in his lifetime. If his life is dominated by negative language, he will emerge as a negative, reckless and non-productive person who rejects everything. This is why the negative language of Islam has failed. It has failed to produce people with a positive outlook. It has produced negative people. If we take a look at Islamic societies, we see what that negative man [Muhammad] did.

Islam is a political doctrine which imposes itself by force. Any doctrine whatsoever that calls to kill those who do not believe in it is not a religion. It is a totalitarian doctrine that imposes itself by force.

Read about the life of Muhammad. What do you find there? Nothing but his raids and and his wives. I shudder when I hear the hadith: A woman's paradise is under her husband's foot. The Islamc teachings have become dreadful in the skulls of the Muslims. I see no alternative butr to open these skulls and to clean the life-threatening cancerous cells in these brains.

Last edited by a moderator:

No myth that you follow a cult invented by a pedophile and virgin fondler.

Ibn Ishaq, The Life of Muhammad... :eek:
Muhammad married ‘A’isha in Mecca when she was a child of six and lived with her in Medina when she was nine or ten. She was the only virgin that he married. Her father, Abu Bakr, married her to him and the apostle gave her four hundred dirhams

Sahih Bukhari [sacred islamic scripture] :lol:
Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah: When I got married, Allah's Apostle said to me, "What type of lady have you married?" I replied, "I have married a matron' He said, "Why, don't you have a liking for the virgins and for fondling them?" Jabir also said: Allah's Apostle said, "Why didn't you marry a young girl so that you might play with her and she with you?'

Sahih Bukhari... :clap2:
Narrated 'Aisha: I used to wash the traces of Janaba (semen) from the clothes of the Prophet and he used to go for prayers while traces of water were still on it (water spots were still visible).

Jews are the winners. Muslims are the losers. Sucks being you, slave of allah.

Jews: Population 14 million [0.2% of world population]
Muslims: Population 1.6 BILLION [23% of world population]

181 Jews have been awarded the Nobel Prize accounting for 22% of all individual recipients worldwide between 1901 and 2010

Muslim Nobel Prize winners are only 9 in total of which 5 are for peace! And 1 in physics was given to Abdus Salam who belongs to Ahmadiyya sect which is not considered to be Muslim by Muslims.

We have just insulted Islam by laughing at the Allah guaranteed superiority over the infidel. Wait, are you hearing Allahu Akbar?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl76nw92AJc]Jews and Muslims-Nobel Prize List (Latest) - YouTube[/ame]

Yom Kippur 2011: Understanding the Jewish ?Day of Atonement?

last time i wished a jewish friend of mine....happy yom kippur i got fussed at.....

but we need to reconize that this is a high holy day for our jewish friends.

Considering it has a 24 hour fast.....

I wonder what a comparison would be? Have a great Lent? Enjoy yourself at the funeral? Have a super Memorial Day? Given the way we do Holidays here, that would be polite.

Weird that your friend would fuss, but he may have been stressed out. One more thing to atone for, I guess.

Yom Kippur 2011: Understanding the Jewish ?Day of Atonement?

last time i wished a jewish friend of mine....happy yom kippur i got fussed at.....

but we need to reconize that this is a high holy day for our jewish friends.

Considering it has a 24 hour fast.....

I wonder what a comparison would be? Have a great Lent? Enjoy yourself at the funeral? Have a super Memorial Day? Given the way we do Holidays here, that would be polite.

Weird that your friend would fuss, but he may have been stressed out. One more thing to atone for, I guess.

You are spot on.

Have an easy fast.

Have a health and prosperous new year.

May you be inscribed in the book of life.

I know Strolling meant well, but you aren't supposed to have a happy Day of Attonement. It's something rather somber.

Oh fuck. JStone the spammer has found this thread too.

Jews win, monkey boy.

181 Jews have been awarded the Nobel Prize accounting for 22% of all individual recipients worldwide between 1901 and 2010

Muslim Nobel Prize winners are only 9 in total of which 5 are for peace! And 1 in physics was given to Abdus Salam who belongs to Ahmadiyya sect which is not considered to be Muslim by Muslims.

We have just insulted Islam by laughing at the Allah guaranteed superiority over the infidel. Wait, are you hearing Allahu Akbar?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl76nw92AJc]Jews and Muslims-Nobel Prize List (Latest) - YouTube[/ame]

Jews win, monkey boy.

In case you didn't notice, I don't care.

I just like mocking you. And you fall for it every time.

Jews win, monkey boy.

In case you didn't notice, I don't care.

I just like mocking you. And you fall for it every time.

Eat a banana and jack off, monkey boy

Why do you think you got "fussed at" Bones?

cause i said...."happy yom kippur' and was told it was not that type of holiday etc

It's a somber holiday. It's about atonement for sins.

It's somber indeed, but it's far far more than atonement for sins.

It is about sharing our pain with our G-d. We connecct by our Love and share our pain.

It's is about praying for the redemption of others who are of our people but who are lost.

I could fill pages. I won't. Thank you to those who are willing to allow us this time to share our pain as well as the world's pain with our G-d.

Then we move on to other things. :)

It's a somber holiday. It's about atonement for sins.

It's somber indeed, but it's far far more than atonement for sins.

It is about sharing our pain with our G-d. We connecct by our Love and share our pain.

It's is about praying for the redemption of others who are of our people but who are lost.

I could fill pages. I won't. Thank you to those who are willing to allow us this time to share our pain as well as the world's pain with our G-d.

Then we move on to other things. :)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6hQo0YMYwY&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Kapores The Transfering of our Sins - YouTube[/ame]

What would really have been out of line would be wishing a nice tish b 'Av. But it is also out of line to rag on someone who is trying to be pleasant.

Forum List

Back