yom kippur 2011

I'm not jewish ,it's my feast day also as given in Lev 23,best thing we get 4 double sabbaths this month

We don't actually 'need' to. But it is nice that we do. I hope our Jewish USMBers have a peaceful Yom Yippur.

yes ,however these commands were given a long.....time before there was ever a jew,the jews just kept it going all these yrs and for that I'm thankful
I am a part of Israel and as far as I can tell this covenant was made on my behalf to the children of Israel and the strangers who came out with them out of bondage ,therefore they are important to me

Leviticus 23:26-32

26And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

27Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD.
28And ye shall do no work in that same day: for it is a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before the LORD your God.
29For whatsoever soul it be that shall not be afflicted in that same day, he shall be cut off from among his people.
30And whatsoever soul it be that doeth any work in that same day, the same soul will I destroy from among his people.
31Ye shall do no manner of work: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.
32It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath.

We don't actually 'need' to. But it is nice that we do. I hope our Jewish USMBers have a peaceful Yom Yippur.

yes ,however these commands were given a long.....time before there was ever a jew,the jews just kept it going all these yrs and for that I'm thankful
I am a part of Israel and as far as I can tell this covenant was made on my behalf to the children of Israel and the strangers who came out with them out of bondage ,therefore they are important to me

27Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD.
28And ye shall do no work in that same day: for it is a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before the LORD your God.
29For whatsoever soul it be that shall not be afflicted in that same day, he shall be cut off from among his people.
30And whatsoever soul it be that doeth any work in that same day, the same soul will I destroy from among his people.
31Ye shall do no manner of work: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.
32It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath.

What commands were given before there were jews?:eusa_whistle:

:eek: So.... it is the fault of the Jews?

I did not see that coming! :lol:

Amazing for the high holiday I was in a Church at my cousin wedding! :eusa_eh:

But hey the open bar in 2 hours will more than make up for it!

:eek: So.... it is the fault of the Jews?

I did not see that coming! :lol:

What is?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTr5ddqaBbc&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Man swinging chicken in Kaporos ritual, Crown Heights, Brooklyn, Sept 16, 2010 - YouTube[/ame]

Why do you think you got "fussed at" Bones?

cause i said...."happy yom kippur' and was told it was not that type of holiday etc

i know when someone is fussing at me
The Jews do not want you to participate in their holiday.

They feel that they must protect their “victimhood” status.

You are not a member of the “chosen people” club.

In fact, they wished the celebration day was not posted on calendars.

Because they do not want the goyim to know what date it falls on. :cool:

cause i said...."happy yom kippur' and was told it was not that type of holiday etc

Who are the victims, ignorant muhammadan?

Jews: Population 14 million [0.2% of world population]
Muslims: Population 1.6 BILLION [23% of world population]

181 Jews have been awarded the Nobel Prize accounting for 22% of all individual recipients worldwide between 1901 and 2010

Muslim Nobel Prize winners are only 9 in total of which 5 are for peace! And 1 in physics was given to Abdus Salam who belongs to Ahmadiyya sect which is not considered to be Muslim by Muslims.

We have just insulted Islam by laughing at the Allah guaranteed superiority over the infidel. Wait, are you hearing Allahu Akbar?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl76nw92AJc]Jews and Muslims-Nobel Prize List (Latest) - YouTube[/ame]

Who are the victims, failed muhammadan?

Investor's Business Daily: How Free Israel Prospers As Islam Remains In The Dark
Israel, a New Jersey-sized nation of 7.5 million people (1.7 million of whom are Arab) filed 7,082 international patents in the five years ending in 2007. By contrast, 28 majority-Muslim nations with almost 1.2 billion people — 155 times the population of Israel — were granted 2,071 patents in the same period. Narrowing the comparison to the 17 Muslim nations of the Middle East from Morocco to Iran and down the Arabian Peninsula, the 409 million people in that region generated 680 patents in five years.
This means that the Arab and Iranian world produced about one patent per year for every 3 million people, compared with Israel's output of one annual patent for every 5,295 people, an Israeli rate some 568 times that of Israel's neighbors and sometime enemies.

The awarding of Nobel Prizes in the quantitative areas of chemistry, economics and physics shows a similar disparity, with five Israeli winners compared with one French Algerian (a Jew who earned the prize for work done in France) and an Egyptian-American (for work done at Caltech in California).

But wealth isn't the sole explanation for this disparity in intellectual innovation. Saudi Arabia enjoyed a per capita income of $24,200 in 2010. Yet the Kingdom averages an anemic 37 patents per year compared with Israel's 1,416 per year — and there are 3 1/2 times more Saudis than Israelis, meaning that Israel's per capita output of intellectual property is 132 times greater than Saudi Arabia's.

The telltale signs of Israel's economic rise can be seen in the Tel Aviv skyline and the new office complexes around Jerusalem. International giant Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. was founded in 1901 by three pharmacists in Jerusalem. Today it employs 40,000 around the world. Teva has a market cap of $44.2 billion — the most highly valued company based in Israel and the ninth-largest firm traded on the Nasdaq

A few miles from Teva's gleaming office campus west of the Old City sits the former national mint building for the British Mandate. Built in 1937, this renovated building, along with the old Ottoman Empire railway warehouses next to it, houses the JVP Media Quarter and 300 entrepreneurs.

The complex hosts Israel's leading venture capital firm, Jerusalem Venture Partners, as well as 35 startups and a performing arts center for good measure. JVP, which has helped launch 70 companies since 1993, has more than $820 million under management with seven active venture capital funds.

The Media Quarter concept was created in 2002 when JVP founder Erel Margalit wanted to create a media-focused incubator that combined technology, culture, art and business. JVP has shepherded 18 initial public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, including some of the largest Israel-based companies: Qlik Technologies, Netro Corp., Chromatis Networks, Precise Software, Cogent Communications.

Less than 300 miles separate the purposeful creative buzz in the JVP Media Quarter from the restive streets of Cairo, where the Muslim Brotherhood tells Egypt's unemployed that their plight is the fault of corrupt capitalists and Jews. It doesn't take a Nobel Prize-winning economist to figure out where these two economies are going.

How Free Israel Prospers As Islam Remains In Dark - Investors.com

Who are the victims, irrelevant muhammadan?

Dr. Wafa Sultan, Time magazine: Among the 100 men and women whose power, talent or moral example is transforming our world
All the useful scientific books that you have today are theirs [the Jews] the fruit of their free and creative thinking. The Jews have come from the tragedy of the Holocaust and forced the world to respect them with their knowledge not with their terror, with their work not their crying and yelling.

Humanity owes most of the discoveries and science of the 19th and 20th centuries to Jewish scientists. 15 million people scattered throughout the world united and won their rights through work and knowledge.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLOicfZ_bAI]Arabs for Israel - Muslims for Israel - Wafa Sultan - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back