Yoga My Shelter

Have one with Hope Solo?

I have not seen a video of Hope Solo doing Yoga. However, I do know that she is a practitioner of Yoga. There are lots of athletes who practice Yoga. A good number of athletic exercises have their origin in Yoga. You could write to Hope Solo to see if she could send you a video of her doing Yoga if you are interested in learning.

Yoga class saves Hope Solo from fatal Vancouver shooting - Seattle PI Sports Blog
Oh, I do yoga on occasion. I am no master at it. But I do enjoy watching Hope.....play goalie that is........She's pretty good.:eusa_angel:

Yoga is an undertaking of a lifetime. That is why they call it a practice. I am glad you are practicing Yoga even though it is on occasions.

Listen up dudes. Yoga is not just for dames. It is also for dudes, straight dudes that is. If you don't believe me then listen to this beautiful Yogini.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn2vKKj1Pu8]Yoga for Men - YouTube[/ame]

She makes an interesting point that the world still is a patriarchal society and more confident the men are, better off the world is.

Last edited:
Thank you! As summer is approaching, there will be lots of Yoga festivals soon. I will post more information on them.

Probably best to just go to the heart and live it for awhile, that heart seemingly being in the international community of Auroville, India these days.

Never was into yoga, but it is central to the community there, with the various schools of practice setting up their own compounds to live the life and host international groups for certification from around the world.

Auroville, a universal city in the making

I love it there and plan to go back regularly, most likely retire for good there one day.

I have been slacking on Yoga lately. The frequency of my Yoga practice has been really low lately. Not only that, I have not attended any of the Yoga festivals this year, yet. Let us rectify that and practice some Yoga.

This video is a bit long and geared towards toning you body but if you have some time at hand, this is certainly worth it.

It is quite possible that one day you may find yourself on a long flight. In that case, Yoga may come to your rescue. Check out this radical girl showing some cool Yoga aasans that you could do on an airplane.

I've never really looked into it myself, but some of the older bricklayers on my books have taken it up and they tell me it's given them a new lease of life (they're in the mid-fifties, thereabouts).

I've never really looked into it myself, but some of the older bricklayers on my books have taken it up and they tell me it's given them a new lease of life (they're in the mid-fifties, thereabouts).

You should try it. It will give you a totally new perspective. It is not just about doing aasans (physical poses), it goes much deeper than that. You begin to think differently. Your life become a lot more peaceful. Don't take my word for it. Give it a shot.

If your work requires too much repetitive motion then these Yoga poses can help you big time.

This is a cool Yoga video from Copenhagen. I am glad Yoga is reaching there as well.

It has been a while since I last practiced Yoga. I think it is time to shake off all the negativity of this world and practice some Yoga.

It has been a while since I last practiced Yoga. I think it is time to shake off all the negativity of this world and practice some Yoga.

The vocals are mesmerizing...me not recognizing a single word even....I could have dozed off there and meditated for a spell.

Thanks!:lol:

The vocals are mesmerizing...me not recognizing a single word even....I could have dozed off there and meditated for a spell.

Thanks!:lol:

The language is Dutch. I like the video because she does not seem to be shooting for complex poses. Some of the Yoga teachers here in the U.S. go for extreme perfection and that makes it hard for us 'non professional' yogis.

Here is another one from her for you:

I hope you like it.

Putin says he’d prefer start yoga with spiritual practices

UFA, July 10. /TASS/. Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Friday he’d prefer to begin practicing yoga with spiritual practices.

"Yoga is about the development from the physical to the spiritual. Let us say I have started with the spiritual," Putin said smilingly when asked at a news conference whether he had already begun practicing yoga. "But this also means efforts to refine oneself."

At a meeting with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday, the Russian president promised to try to practice yoga to the best of his abilities. "Yoga is something I've never done so far but it can't help being attractive. I'll see what my condition permits me to do proceeding from the level of my physical fitness," Putin said. "When you look at real yogis, it seems no one can attain this kind of perfection and the thought stops you.".

TASS Russia - Putin says he d prefer start yoga with spiritual practices

Forum List

Back