Yo, Jillian

Said1

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2004
Somewhere in Ontario
I posted this special, just fer you - re: Canadian politicos slinging mud at poor Belinda. First, her ex compairs her to a dog (in the HOUSE no less) then she has to apologize to the knitters - PUBLICALLY (ok, explain herself, but this was on account of that no good Peter making her look bad).....now Ralph baby is on the job. They're out to get her. I almost feel bad for her.

It was supposed to be a "Roast" but still, she's had a lot of really negative remarks directed at her by 'ex-peers' lately.

Gaffe or guffaw? Stronach quip dogs Klein Kelly Cryderman, CanWest News Service; Calgary Herald
Published: Thursday, November 09, 2006 Article tools
Printer friendly

Font: * * * * CALGARY - Premier Ralph Klein stunned a crowd at a Calgary charity roast in his honour Tuesday night when he told a joke focused on the romantic life of Liberal MP Belinda Stronach.

Reaction so far has ranged from distaste with one Calgary alderman at the event calling the premier's remarks ''sexist'' and the event's satirist Bob Robertson saying he would never tell a joke as ''blatant'' as Klein's to those who say the comments were made in a comedic venue and it's just Klein continuing the colourful political behaviour that has defined his career.

Most of the Calgary Homeless Foundation roast, which will be Klein's last, featured jokes from former New Brunswick premier Frank McKenna and Edmonton Mayor Stephen Mandel. But late in the evening Klein said during his rebuttal speech: ''Now Belinda roasted me as a Conservative but of course now she's a Liberal. And I wasn't surprised she crossed over I don't think she ever did have a Conservative bone in her body. Well, except for one.'' [/B](Meaning her ex-boyfriend's, who is the present Foreign Affairs Minsiter, Peter McKay. She was dating him prior to 'crossing over' to the Liberal Pary when Paul Martin was still PM).

At that point, Klein looked slightly embarrassed and glanced to his side to catch someone's eye as he laughed. (I saw this on tv last night. He wasn't embarressed, but he seem a little uncomfortable as not many were laughing) His remarks were met first with groans, then laughter, clapping and whistles from the hundreds in attendance.

''Well, speaking of Peter MacKay,'' Klein continued over the din. ''I hope you are as tired as I was to hear them go after it day after day in the House of Commons.''

On Wednesday, Stronch declined comment on the matter. MacKay could not be reached for comment.

This is just one in series of comments that have been attached to Stronach, whose relationship with ex-boyfriend Peter MacKay Canada's foreign affairs minister has been been detailed in the media. MacKay has been heavily criticized for reportedly referring to Stronach as a dog in the House of Commons last month.

Klein's comments were contained in speaking notes which his communications director, Marisa Etmanski, said were written by at least five people in his office. She said while the premier's comments would have been inappropriate in a media scrum or a government building, they were in keeping with the spirit of the roast.

''The speech was vetted by me,'' Etmanski said Wednesday. ''In fact, as his female communications director, I recommended that it was a funny line because it's a roast.''

Etmanski said jokes were made about the premier's weight and drinking habits, (Oh yes. Getting wasted, yelling at bums, sleeping all day....partay!) and while he wouldn't have appreciated them under normal circumstances they were acceptable at the charity event. Etmanski said the important thing is the premier puts himself on the line to raise huge amounts for charity.

Continued here: http://www.canada.com/topics/news/politics/story.html?id=092a6961-4129-4593-90f5-1f48312b196f&k=1595

I posted this special, just fer you - re: Canadian politicos slinging mud at poor Belinda. First, her ex compairs her to a dog (in the HOUSE no less) then she has to apologize to the knitters - PUBLICALLY (ok, explain herself, but this was on account of that no good Peter making her look bad).....now Ralph baby is on the job. They're out to get her. I almost feel bad for her.

It was supposed to be a "Roast" but still, she's had a lot of really negative remarks directed at her by 'ex-peers' lately.

Continued here: http://www.canada.com/topics/news/politics/story.html?id=092a6961-4129-4593-90f5-1f48312b196f&k=1595

OMG, we'll send you Teddy, he'll fit right in, whatever the problem. Booze, sex, homocide/negligent manslaughter

OMG, we'll send you Teddy, he'll fit right in, whatever the problem. Booze, sex, homocide/negligent manslaughter

It's ok. We have our own Mike Harris shootin all the Indians, thank you very much. We also have a Klepto, Svend (who .....you're gonna love this Darin.......just also happens to be gay - not that that's important :D ). His party welcomed him back after 're-hab' (wtf, for shoplifting???) and ran for RE-ELECTION after getting caught trying to boost a bracelette or something.

:laugh:

Admitting he helped himself to a piece of jewelry at a recent public sale, veteran NDP MP Svend Robinson has announced that he’s taking a leave of absence from his political duties.

Struggling to choke back sob at a Vancouver news conference, Robinson, 52, told reporters he has been suffering from “severe stress and emotional pain” since a near-fatal hiking accident in late 1997.

His personal problems culminated last Friday, he said, when he engaged “in an act that was totally inexplicable.”

“I pocketed a piece of expensive jewelry,” he admitted. “Something just snapped in this moment of total, utter irrationality.”

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=10676

Thanks, hon! It's so good to know that we're not the only ones who carry on in public. :eek2: :thanks:

Forum List

Back