y'know what I hate?

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
Getting up at 7:00 in the morning when I just went to bed around 3:00. Getting ready for school, driving all the way across town to school... And finding out my teacher has called in sick. Now, because I have class at 9:00, I'm stuck sitting around here with my thumb you-know-where for an hour.

Dan said:
Getting up at 7:00 in the morning when I just went to bed around 3:00. Getting ready for school, driving all the way across town to school... And finding out my teacher has called in sick. Now, because I have class at 9:00, I'm stuck sitting around here with my thumb you-know-where for an hour.

Did the thought of hitting the sack earlier ever cross your mind? :)

jimnyc said:
Did the thought of hitting the sack earlier ever cross your mind? :)

:eek2:

That's just downright silly.. Might miss something good.

That's just downright silly.. Might miss something good.

Exactly.

Somehow, I've conditioned my body to not want to go to sleep until between 2 and 3 every night, even though I have to get up at 7 every monday, wednesday, and friday. Just can't do it. If I'd gone to bed around 11 or so, I would've laid in bed and stared at the ceiling for at least 3 hours.

That and Thursday night is party night.

See, Jim? Priorities.

:happy2:

You wanna hear priorities? I went out to a bar until about 12:00, then went home (see, I was trying to be responsible!). But, I started playing a video game when I got home, lost track of time until about 2. Then, at 2, I realized I had some homework I needed to do, so I did that for an hour, then I went to bed. Now, THOSE are some damn fine priorities! ;)

Dan said:
:happy2:

You wanna hear priorities? I went out to a bar until about 12:00, then went home (see, I was trying to be responsible!). But, I started playing a video game when I got home, lost track of time until about 2. Then, at 2, I realized I had some homework I needed to do, so I did that for an hour, then I went to bed. Now, THOSE are some damn fine priorities! ;)

Been there, done that, am living proof that you'll live through it just fine.. The human body doesn't need *more* than 7 hours of sleep per night, but can function just fine on 4-5 so long as you eat right. :D:D:D

You must be in college - first or second year. :)

You must be in college - first or second year.

Actually I'm a senior! But, I just turned 21 this past February, and there is pretty much nothing to do in this town except go out to bars.

Shattered said:
Been there, done that, am living proof that you'll live through it just fine.. The human body doesn't need *more* than 7 hours of sleep per night, but can function just fine on 4-5 so long as you eat right. :D:D:D

You must be in college - first or second year. :)
Hold on here 7 hours 4-5 hours... no way, what do you eat?
to be charming i need at least 8 hours. i need to know what you eat.

Dan, enjoy while you can :)

No refined garbage, and minimal preservatives..

Eat your veggies and protein!!

Dan, let me get this straight... you are bitching because you had to get up early and go to school... and your pastimes are bars... :gives:

Come back and bitch when you have a colicy baby keeping you up all night, and as soon as you get that one to sleep it is 6 am and the 2 year old keeps you up all day... repeat for weeks...

Mother Moonie said:
Dan, let me get this straight... you are bitching because you had to get up early and go to school... and your pastimes are bars... :gives:

Come back and bitch when you have a colicy baby keeping you up all night, and as soon as you get that one to sleep it is 6 am and the 2 year old keeps you up all day... repeat for weeks...

Nah, I think he was bitching that his teacher was the irresponsible one who called in sick... :)

now to be a charming person i nee... wait, im not a charming person no matter if i get 7 hours or 17 hours.

Johnney said:
now to be a charming person i nee... wait, im not a charming person no matter if i get 7 hours or 17 hours.

That's not what you whispered to me.... :D

Dan, let me get this straight... you are bitching because you had to get up early and go to school... and your pastimes are bars...

Um, yeah, Shattered is right, I was just annoyed to have to do all that just to find out that the teacher just didn't come in.

But, you're right, people shouldn't pretend like things annoy them when other people might have bigger problems in their life. Sorry for not considering the entire world's problems before posting.

Dan said:
Um, yeah, Shattered is right, I was just annoyed to have to do all that just to find out that the teacher just didn't come in.

I have a problem with this. Why don't the students get a 'credit' when a teacher doesn't show? I mean, good money is given to these colleges for an eduaction. Maybe that's it. You get the knowledge that some people in power abuse it, don't give a s**t about you or a number of things like that. Sorry, here I tho't you weren't learning something you were suppose to.

Well, truth be told, I don't really care that much. I'm more the sort of person who just says that's the way that it's always been. But, the thing with my college is that, because it's a small school, the teachers take attendance, and we're only allowed to miss 2 days per class. It is irritating that we're the ones paying to go there, and we get penalized for not going, and yet nothing happens to the teachers getting payed to be there.

But, like I said, there's really no way to change this. There's a lot of stuff like this that irritates me about college (don't get me started on having to pay $200 for a spanish book!).

Dan said:
It is irritating that we're the ones paying to go there, and we get penalized for not going, and yet nothing happens to the teachers getting payed to be there.....But, like I said, there's really no way to change this.
Exactly. But like I said, you're still getting an 'education'.
There's a lot of stuff like this that irritates me about college (don't get me started on having to pay $200 for a spanish book!).
Besides the expense..... I'm surprised at the number of 'dumb' people graduate college. I've had quite a few as customers. I'm amazed, truly amazed. And it's because they did what the teacher/prof assigned. They never really learned anything.

Forum List

Back