Yitzhak Rabin, man of peace and moderation

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by SLClemens, Nov 9, 2003.

1. SLClemens

SLClemens Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I know this is a bit late, but I thought it would be nice to bring up the memory of Yitzhak Rabin and the efforts at peace for which he died. By no means do I think he was perfect, yet it seems that so many of the positive steps Israel has taken were under his guidance, and so many of the disastrous ones were in his absence. I hate to say it, but looking at the past eight years, I think his assassin won.

On a positive note, however, over 100,000 - a quarter the population of Tel Aviv - showed up for his memorial last week. People seeking peace on all sides of the Israel-Palestine dispute should take great encouragement from this.

2. FORD

FORD Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The Rabin assassination was similar to the JFK, RFK, and MLK hits of the 60's. It was an "inside job" designed to prevent the very future that Rabin was working so hard to create. I have no doubt that he, Arafat, and President Clinton would have brought peace to the region. And that was intolerable for those who profit from the continued bloody chaos in the region. And by "profit" I don't neccessarily mean by financial means alone.

3. ajwps

ajwps Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Yitzhak Rabin was a tragedy for Israel and any peaceful solution. Those that profit from continued war and bloodshed were bolstered by Rabin and Barak's 'peace' agreements with the Arabs. These Islamics who used the weak minded Rabin were never interested in any peace, a land of their own but more simply the death of Israel and the Jewish people.

This is a fact of life..... Israel must elect a leader who is a lion instead of a sheep.

http://info.jpost.com/C003/Supplements/FSB/030912/art.09.html

4. SLClemens

SLClemens Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I certainly would't call the man who led the IDF in the Six-Days' War and authorized the raid on Entebbe "weak minded." Most importantly of all, he was someone the international community could respect, as opposed to the war criminal leading a counter-productive expansionist Likud agenda now. Thankfully recent polling shows that more Israelis are losing faith with his agenda.

5. ajwps

ajwps Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46
    You state:

"I certainly would't call the man who led the IDF in the Six-Days' War and authorized the raid on Entebbe "weak minded." Most importantly of all, he was someone the international community could respect, as opposed to the war criminal leading a counter-productive expansionist Likud agenda now. Thankfully recent polling shows that more Israelis are losing faith with his agenda."

Point 1) The former powerful and brilliant leader of the IDF became in time a weak Israeli Priminister who was fooled by a little terrorist into giving away Israel. For some unknown reason, the same mental impotence seems to appear in what was once great warriors in the IDF, i.e., Barak, Netanyahu and Sharon.

For reasons unknown, this little Arab corrupt terrorist turned down the offer of a land for his people and from a new Arab land advantage have finished off Israel and the Jewish people remaining on the remaining small sliver of land with the Med sea behind them. What do you think caused this apparent tactical error for which Arafat now kicks himself in his own buttox? No wonder Israel does not terminate this bearded Parkinson ridden Arab. He like Hitler is the best enemy leader Israel and the Jewish people have going for them.

Point 2) The Likud agenda has also fallen into the same trap under Sharon's leadership. Your polls are very misleading as we have seen the perception that PM Sharon was a strong man who promised to remove the constant threat from the unwanted guests of Israel and won the popular vote for himself and the Likud. The group known as 'shalom achshav' or peace now movment is currently little more than a shadow of those Israelis who wanted commit national suicide.

Point 3) If only Likud would support a strong leader and rid itself of inept and puny leaders like the man you and the Muslim terrorists call a war criminal, then and only then will Israel become free from the continuous OSLO war of agression still in place from Rabin and later Barak. If the Arabs (who call themselves Palestinians) are unhappy in the independent country of Israel, then they have only two alternatives. One, the Arabs can wage a war against Israel and drive the Jewish people into the Med sea or in the alternative pack their rags and leave Israel to anywhere they feel unoppressed and no longer subjugated.

Point 4) For some unknown reason, this little piece of land called Israel and a few thousand men and women fought off millions of well trained Arab armies that came to destroy them. What are the odds that this could happen so many times?

You seem to find such a large poll group of a few hundred people asked loaded questions which somehow extrapolates into a perceived will of the people. In the end, any valid Israeli polls will be demonstrated at the polls during the next election. As for the European nation polls being valid, it seems that the people of Europe for the most part do not agree with their own media's published erroneous polls.

There was a Jewish prophet named Ezekiel who thousands of years ago seemed to be talking about today's news, originally in Hebrew (translated into English). So far the Jewish prophets have not had one miss as to this day.

It does seem that your trusted polls show the Nations are now rising up condemning Israel as the single country that is the greatest threat to world peace.

The WMDs that seem to be a mirage are said to consist of pestilence (germ warfare), with fire, brimstone and hailstones on the same list.

But again, these words are only a translation of a man from thousands of years ago and have no basis in today's world.

6. SLClemens

SLClemens Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  7. ajwps

ajwps Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46
    SLC remember what I said about polls and the reality of an election which is the ultimate poll. Sharon has truly lost a great deal of public support because of his weakness and willingness to give Israel to these foreign nomadic Arabs.

The following is a January, 2003 election poll which gives, at least in Jan of this year, the Israeli public opinion of Sharon. If Sharon continues to demonstrate the reversal of his promises when he was elected, another much stronger Rosh Memshalah (Priminister) will be elected as the Israelis are sick and tired of being killed in the streets and turning this land now of milk and honey into another Beirut.

Israel does not have quite the same type of elections that we are familiar with in the United States. The Priminister of Israel must maintain a majority coalition to keep his job or lose by a lack of public confidence. In the US, we can vote for a president and any senator or congress person running in our own states.

The following is the latest valid poll in 2003.

http://www.knesset.gov.il/elections16/eng/results/regions.asp

8. clyde

clyde Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I feel Ariel Sharon has been too soft against the Palistinians,though I can't entirely blame him since he answers mostly to Washington.I would like to see everytime a Palistinian suicide bomber kills innocent Israeli's and Israel finds out who committed this crime,instead of just bulldozing their house,they should also kill the Suicide bombers family.This would put an end to the killing of innocent Israeli's.
    I also feel whenever Israel goes after and kills a militant and innocent Palistinians are killed,they should not apologize to the Palistinians or to the World.After all whenever a Palisinian kills an Israeli they don't apologize.
    I think Israel needs to give the Palistinians a taste of their own medicine,meaning.They need to go on the offensive more often,and not react or be on the defensive and retaliate.

Clyde

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. ajwps

ajwps Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Clyde I don't feel that PM Sharon is too soft on the Arabs in Israel, he has been responding as a defeated warrior. He shows no regard for Israelis as he releases the convicted murders to go right out and kill again.

The Arabs kidnap civilians, torture and murder them and the nations seem to find this perfectly normal. But if Israel puts up a wall to protect their children from the cowardly ambushes and bombs, then the world finds the Jewish people guilty of oppression.

The Jewish people try not to act like the beasts that kill them indiscriminately. The German Nazi soldiers in WW2 responded to having one of their own killed by partizans by placing whole villages into a building and lighting it on fire. Then raising the entire city so that no trace of it remains.

Israel could easily act like the Muslim Arabs living in Israel. The world of nations would scream and howl with the beastiality of the Jewish people. Israel is like a giant continually being poked by midgets with pointed sticks. (Unfortuantely human beings are being killed by these beasts).

The day will come when either Israel or the Creator of the univese will reek vengence on this evill people whom many on this thread seem to think are just like every non-Islam on earth.

As in the past 4000 years of history, those that come against Israel and the Jewish people become extinct. The people of Israel live like these interloppers belong on the land of Israel. For ignoring the reality of life in Israel, many of the living souls of Israel will be extinguished but a remnant will repopulate the land without any Arab remaining on the land of Israel.

May that day come soon and in our time.

10. Isaac Brock

Isaac Brock Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Errr... or both sides can realize that two wrongs don't make a right and just end this thing as decent human beings. Maybe that's just my good old fashion Canadian optimism kicking in.

How can it be that I have friends who are both Jewish and Muslim and they don't kill each other and, perish the thought, get along? Hmm....