Yippee!!!

Againsheila

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2008
Federal Way WA
It's finally gone through. Andrew will be moving into an apartment with Integrated Living Services on Jun 8. It's a two bedroom apartment, he will have one roommate who is higher functioning than he is. Now for the hard part. The apartment is completely unfurnished. No dishes, towels or anything. Fortunately I have friends and family and I think among us we will find some decent furnishings for the place. I'm so excited. He'll have 24/7 awake staff and 2 on 1 is great odds. This is the best, I'm just praying now that it all works out. Oh Happy Day......

free at last, free at last, free at last...

Go through Craigslist, in the free section. Also put an ad in there under WANTED. You'll get that place furnished in no time.
And congrats!

Who is Andrew and why are you so happy about it?

Andrew is my 23 year old, low function, incontinent, autistic son. And I'm thrilled about it because now he's going to get the help he needs. Daddy and I are getting on in years and our health is failing. My husband has Parkinsons, and I have arthritis.

Andrew is my 23 year old, low function, incontinent, autistic son. And I'm thrilled about it because now he's going to get the help he needs. Daddy and I are getting on in years and our health is failing. My husband has Parkinsons, and I have arthritis.

I'm glad for you, Sheila. They'll take good care of him. It will make your life a lot easier.

Fantastic news, AgainS. I'm thrilled for you. I pray that everything goes as smoothly as possible. Good advice to see what you can get for free. Contact churches and charities.

Best of luck getting everything sorted out.

Wonderful news, AS. And ditto on the advice.

I would think that with foreclosures etc., there is a lot of used stuff out there looking for good homes.

It's finally gone through. Andrew will be moving into an apartment with Integrated Living Services on Jun 8. It's a two bedroom apartment, he will have one roommate who is higher functioning than he is. Now for the hard part. The apartment is completely unfurnished. No dishes, towels or anything. Fortunately I have friends and family and I think among us we will find some decent furnishings for the place. I'm so excited. He'll have 24/7 awake staff and 2 on 1 is great odds. This is the best, I'm just praying now that it all works out. Oh Happy Day......

free at last, free at last, free at last...

Does this mean you have turned him over as ward of the state???

That's great for you. Good to hear! (That Andrew is able to live somewhere else with a helping staff...not that your husband has PD or you have Arthritis...)

Last edited:
It's good to have this emotional and physical weight lifted. Is Andrew excited as well??

He seems to be, he's been driving me crazy. Now for the bad news...DDD hasn't okayed the move yet. The people who run the facility said it's going thru but his DDD counselor says not to count on it until it happens.

Forum List

Back