YIKES...TrumP: "Eminent Domain, even for Private Projects, A Wondeful Thing"

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Trump: Eminent Domain, Even For Private Projects Is ‘Wonderful Thing,’ ‘You’re Not Taking Property’
Trump: Eminent Domain, Even For Private Projects Is 'Wonderful Thing,' 'You're Not Taking Property' - Breitbart

I am not a 'Republican' or a 'Democrat'. I am an 'American'. I evaluate all the candidates and try to decide who is best for America. Most often it turns out to be Conservatives. That being said, I have to sound the alarm on this one!

Trump's declaration is FAR from 'Conservative' and, IMO, far from what is good for America!

"Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump argued that eminent domain, including for private projects that “employ thousands of people” is “a wonderful thing” in an interview broadcast on Tuesday’s “Special Report” on the Fox News Channel.

Trump stated, “I think eminent domain is wonderful, if you’re building a highway, and you need to build, as an example, a highway, and you’re going to be blocked by a hold-out, or, in some cases, it’s a hold-out, just so you understand, nobody knows this better than I do, because I built a lot of buildings in Manhattan, and you’ll have 12 sites and you’ll get 11 and you’ll have the one hold-out and you end up building around them and everything else, okay? So, I know it better than anybody. I think eminent domain for massive projects, for instance, you’re going to create thousands of jobs, and you have somebody that’s in the way, and you pay that person far more — don’t forget, eminent domain, they get a lot of money, and you need a house in a certain location, because you’re going to build this massive development that’s going to employ thousands of people, or you’re going to build a factory, that without this little house, you can’t build the factory. I think eminent domain is fine.”

I disagree with Trump on his view of Eminent Domain. I witnessed in Florida, for example, a city seizing private Beach-front property from a family, land the owners wanted to save and give to their children when they grew up, because they were not currently using it. The city argued that a huge hotel chain wanted the property and could benefit the city / area more through taxes, revenue, and hiring people. In the name of the 'almighty dollar' (and I am probably sure as a result of some kickbacks / money changing hands), this family's private property was 'STOLEN'.

In many cases like these, it is proven time and again that greed and money trumps (no pun intended) citizens' rights.

The case of the Land management responding to a man's cattle grazing on public lands by bringing in their own private 'military' is another great example (sort of). A man was grazing his cattle on public lands his family had used for about 100 years. It was discovered later that Harry Reid had made a business deal which required the use of these public lands that would have netted him a lot of money. So, amazingly enough, the Dept of Land Management swept in with their own militia, stole many of the man's cows and killed them, had sniper rifles trained on the heads of his wife and children, and tried to intimidate and force the man off of the public lands .It was only when citizen militias showed up to protect the family that the government backed off.

Trump's business 'greed' (for lack of a better word), however, is exposed in his opinion here. Such 'greed' and 'vision', backed by the power of the federal government, is potentially very dangerous / threatening to citizens and citizens' rights! This is a major area of concern for me right now...will have to keep an eye on this story.

Forum List

Back