Yikes! Salon rips Obama. SALON does.....

Perhaps you just haven't finished it yet? Here:
Ahh, yes. But read on.

This, clearly, did not happen. In fact, we're about to pass the two-year mark of the administration without an immigration bill being promoted by Obama.
He hasn't even promoted it. So where was the opposition?

The opposition was from Republicans, who stood in lockstep against the DREAM act.
The DREAM Act wasn't what was promised. What was promised was, "comprehensive immigration reform." And as Salon says, Obama never even promoted that.

Ahh, yes. But read on.

The opposition was from Republicans, who stood in lockstep against the DREAM act.
The DREAM Act wasn't what was promised. What was promised was, "comprehensive immigration reform." And as Salon says, Obama never even promoted that.

Oh, I realize that - my point was that we couldn't even achieve the baby-step of the DREAM act, so there was exactly zero chance of passing comprehensive immigration reform. Any attempt was DOA in the Senate.

Obama is not doing his job if he is not pissing off the far right or the far left.

It comes with being President
I'm with ya on that. But it's "and" not "or."

But.... He promised the Moon. Literally!:lol:

Why the hell would we ever want to go back to the Moon? We've been there. If we want better pictures of it, why don't we just point the Hubble at it and start snapping away?

There should be a colony on the Moon by now.

It's amazing there isn't..
By whose meter? Roddenberry's? And why? What good would it do?
I agree with you on the space program. Bush promised Mars in a JFK knockoff

I would just as soon use unmanned rovers and a state of the art Hubble Telescope
The Hubble is nearing the end of its operational life, with no plans to upgrade or repair it. I can think of no better final act for it than getting us some good digital pictures of the Moon's surface, complete with all of our footprints and equipment we left! Would really silence the "we never went to the moon" moonbats.

Ahh, yes. But read on.

Ah, just more minor stuff. LOL...The give away is the word COMPREHENSIVE.

Actually, rightwinger, sallow, and others who have commented here are correct, and reminded me of something I forgot.

Salon, Krugman, FNC, and anyone else who in any way criticizes Obama are just members of the "chattering class" anyway, and easily dismissed!

Who's meter? Dunno..we were moving in that direction until we got more involved in Vietnam. Let's see..which seems like a more viable enterprise..killing millions of Vietnamese to convince them "our" way is better or establishing a Moon colony..

That's a toughie.

Who's meter? Dunno..we were moving in that direction until we got more involved in Vietnam. Let's see..which seems like a more viable enterprise..killing millions of Vietnamese to convince them "our" way is better or establishing a Moon colony..

That's a toughie.
The idea of a moon colony went out the window before we even went to the moon, and really went out the window after.

By your logic, we never would have bothered going to the moon, since massive involvement in Vietnam pre-dates the first moon landing by what? Four years?

That's a toughie.
The idea of a moon colony went out the window before we even went to the moon, and really went out the window after.

By your logic, we never would have bothered going to the moon, since massive involvement in Vietnam pre-dates the first moon landing by what? Four years?

All the funding and effort of the Vietnamese conflict could of..and should of..been used in the pursuit of Science and exploration. We could have established several Moon Colonies and space stations that way.

And eventually..if we don't blow ourselves up..that's where we are heading anyway. The sooner the better.

That's a toughie.

All the funding and effort of the Vietnamese conflict could of..and should of..been used in the pursuit of Science and exploration. We could have established several Moon Colonies and space stations that way.
Hindsight is always 20/20. We could have ended poverty and hunger in the world too.
And eventually..if we don't blow ourselves up..that's where we are heading anyway. The sooner the better.
Again, why? To what benefit?

I would be behind a Mars colony way before I would be behind a moon colony. But both would come way down the list, behind things we need to fix HERE first.

I am glad however, to see we all seem to have a consensus on this Salon piece -- the list of laments contained in it are petty.

I would be behind a Mars colony way before I would be behind a moon colony. But both would come way down the list, behind things we need to fix HERE first.

First off..it would be proof of concept. Establishing a colony in a hostile environment that is relatively close to earth would also yield a good deal of valuable information about what issues would arise in executing such a venture.

The Moon is relatively close by and much easier to supply then Mars. Once established, a Moon colony could also be a launch point for other missions.

And when people talk about "FIXING" problems here..they seem to have no trouble with the next war that seems to pop up every year or so. Which by the way..is vastly more expensive then any peaceful endeavor.

First off..it would be proof of concept. Establishing a colony in a hostile environment that is relatively close to earth would also yield a good deal of valuable information about what issues would arise in executing such a venture.

The Moon is relatively close by and much easier to supply then Mars. Once established, a Moon colony could also be a launch point for other missions.
The fairly recent discovery of ice on Mars means we wouldn't have to truck water there. But again, why do we need off world colonies? We don't.
And when people talk about "FIXING" problems here..they seem to have no trouble with the next war that seems to pop up every year or so. Which by the way..is vastly more expensive then any peaceful endeavor.
I personally don't know anyone who is pro-war.

It is unbelievable that some of you are even discussing future U.S. manned space exploration! We are on the verge of retiring our space shuttle fleet, haven't replaced it, don't have the money to now if we wanted to, and have to depend on the Russians to get to the space station. In this regards, we are no longer 'exceptional'.
But don't let me interfere with your delusions.

I guess there is supposed to be a point to this thread.

NEWSFLASH: Many on the left are disappointed with Obama's performance and will say so.

Stupid.
Asked and answered earlier. But love seeing me some puppeteering and faithful regurgitation!

Your answer was even more stupid than the question.

Congratulations .. that must be hard to do.

Salon is just one of many publications on the left to question and criticize Obama .. who is not on the left .. but that would only be news to the uninformed.

Well..

I like my press to be at least editorially contrarian. The right wing lovefest with the Bush administration was pretty alarming.

Faults need to be pointed out..and constantly. That's why we have a freaking press in the first place.

How many pairs of underwear has Chris Mathews gone through since the Presidential election.How many times has Ed Shultz had to wipe the drool off his lips after his lust for our little community organizer has gotten the better of him.So please enough with the love fest talk from you guys you look silly....:eusa_shhh:

Last edited:
I said this would happen right after Soros fired Obama and sho'nuff, the LMSM now finds fault in the Ossiah

New Topics

Forum List

Back