Yet, More ACORN Problems

I never said it was.

Wow, so you agree with me and disagree with another Republican?

Hell_freezing_over.jpg

Of course not like you'll admit it. You keep arguing with me and not the guy who you actually disagree with. Hilarious.

Acorn, as you know.

If that answer is to me then you are dead wrong.

Voter fraud is when you attempt or succed in casting a false vote.

Acorn registered people and some times their temporary employees cheated them by pretending to work and instead just filled in the paper work falsely.

If that answer is to me then you are dead wrong.

Voter fraud is when you attempt or succed in casting a false vote.

Acorn registered people and some times their temporary employees cheated them by pretending to work and instead just filled in the paper work falsely.

Yet it happened over and over and over and over and over again.... as stated before.. 1 time, something to be brushed aside as a non-issue... 2 times, maybe coincidence... 3 times, you raise your eyebrow and realize there is something else going on.... 4+ times, you KNOW something else is going on....

Oh... and BTW.. Electoral fraud is illegal interference with any process of an election.... that includes voter registration... but nice try, lefty

Over a dozen states having similar problems with ACORN registrations, yet some of the most outspoken about problems with elections, chalk it up to 'a few lazy employees.'

Thousands of voter registration forms faked, officials say - CNN.com

Thousands of voter registration forms faked, officials say

From Drew Griffin and Kathleen Johnston
CNN Special Investigations Unit

CROWN POINT, Indiana (CNN) -- More than 2,000 voter registration forms filed in northern Indiana's Lake County by a liberal activist group this week have turned out to be bogus, election officials said Thursday.

The group -- the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, or ACORN -- already faces allegations of filing fraudulent voter registrations in Nevada and faces investigations in other states.

And in Lake County, home to the long-depressed steel town of Gary, the bipartisan Elections Board has stopped processing a stack of about 5,000 applications delivered just before the October 6 registration deadline after the first 2,100 turned out to be phony.

"All the signatures looked exactly the same," Ruthann Hoagland, a Republican on the board. "Everything on the card filled out looks exactly the same."

The forms included registrations submitted in the names of the dead -- and in one case, the name of a fast-food restaurant, Jimmy Johns. Sally LaSota, a Democrat on the board, called the forms fraudulent and said whoever filed them broke the law. VideoWatch how dead people are turning up on voter registration forms »

"ACORN, with its intent, perhaps was good in the beginning, but went awry somewhere," LaSota said.

Over the past four years, a dozen states have investigated complaints of fraudulent registrations filed by ACORN. On Tuesday, Nevada authorities raided an ACORN office in Las Vegas, Nevada, where workers are accused of registering members of the Dallas Cowboys football team. And the group has become the target of Republican attacks on voter fraud, a perennial GOP issue.

A subsidiary of the group was paid $800,000 by Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama's campaign to register voters for the 2008 primaries, and ACORN's political wing endorsed Obama back in February. But Obama's campaign told CNN that it "is committed to protecting the integrity of the voting process," and said it has not worked with ACORN during the general election.

Brian Mellor, an ACORN attorney in Boston, said the group has its own quality-control process and has fired workers in the past -- including workers in Gary. But he said allegations that his organization committed fraud is a government attempt to keep people disenfranchised. VideoWatch more about this investigation »

"We believe their purpose is to attack ACORN and suppress votes," Mellor said. "We believe that by attacking ACORN, they are going to discourage people that have registered to vote with ACORN from voting."

CNN was unable to reach ACORN officials in Gary and in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, where the group's Indiana operation is based. Offices in both cities were empty when reporters visited.

Lake County elections officials have set aside all 5,000 of the ACORN-submitted applications in what Hoagland called the "fake pile" for later review. But she said every one will be reviewed before the election to make sure no legitimate voters are skipped.

There has been no evidence of voter fraud yet, because voters have yet to go to the polls. But elections officials say they will be sending their information to prosecutors, who will determine whether any investigation will begin.

"We have no idea what the motive behind it is," she said. "It's just overwhelming to us."

ACORN Worker Pleads Guilty to Vote Fraud in Kansas City, Mo.
There's plenty of evidence out there of ACORN malfeasance, you just need to open your eyes.
Your article is pretty misleading. From what I understand, the FBI charged Carmen Davis with identity theft for using someone else's SS number while employed with Acorn and turned in THREE, count 'em, THREE fraudulent voter registration applications. Where is this number of 35,000 coming from?

I have to wonder what the rate of bad applications is with all other voter's registration groups...I imagine it is about the same and it appears that the various counties are good at weeding out bad applications.

You honestly have not seen the articles and accounts?

PUH-LEASE Ravi....

Dallas Cowboys in Vegas... single voters registering 70 or so times.. court cases citing it

You've already been shown and seen the links... don't be ignorant
This is what you said, DD, They have registered THOUSANDS of ILLEGAL voters.

Show me.

This is what you said, DD, They have registered THOUSANDS of ILLEGAL voters.

Show me.

I saw a news clip last night, on a 24/7 station, I believe it was CNN.....that showed this one district where Acorn registered 5000 new people, where 2100 of these registration cards were writen by ONE PERSON, in the same handwriting, of 2100 people that didn't exist or were dead or were just the same person's name 10 times a shot....

soooo, just one of their hired temp employees, caused 2100 possible election fraud cases...

What was very concerning to me, is the other 2900 application that were turned in from ACORN, that had no signs of fraud, were NOT BEING PROCESSED and were set aside, while this district processed all the other new registrants....

This made me think, are these people like the one person that filled out the fraudulent 2100 applications, just moles....planted by the "other side" so that true legitimate new citizens being registered are being discarded and left out of the process like the other 2900 people that ACORN had also registered to vote?

If not a mole, and all this "plan" of ACORNS, like the repubs want us to think it is, acorn has sure done a shitty job in the fraud...with no effort to even cover it up...or make it more invisible, so that it could really be pulled off....

Perhaps this is just some renegade Obama supporters? But as someone put earlier, why is it happening in so many different places?

It is too sloppy in my opinion to be some concerted secret measure of countrywide voter fraud....

it appears to be a voter fraud that was MEANT TO BE CAUGHT....? if this is true, then one has to think something MORE is going on here that meets the eye...

After all, politics is as scummy as it gets! :(

care

I saw a news clip last night, on a 24/7 station, I believe it was CNN.....that showed this one district where Acorn registered 5000 new people, where 2100 of these registration cards were writen by ONE PERSON, in the same handwriting, of 2100 people that didn't exist or were dead or were just the same person's name 10 times a shot....

soooo, just one of their hired temp employees, caused 2100 possible election fraud cases...

What was very concerning to me, is the other 2900 application that were turned in from ACORN, that had no signs of fraud, were NOT BEING PROCESSED and were set aside, while this district processed all the other new registrants....

This made me think, are these people like the one person that filled out the fraudulent 2100 applications, just moles....planted by the "other side" so that true legitimate new citizens being registered are being discarded and left out of the process like the other 2900 people that ACORN had also registered to vote?

If not a mole, and all this "plan" of ACORNS, like the repubs want us to think it is, acorn has sure done a shitty job in the fraud...with no effort to even cover it up...or make it more invisible, so that it could really be pulled off....

Perhaps this is just some renegade Obama supporters? But as someone put earlier, why is it happening in so many different places?

It is too sloppy in my opinion to be some concerted secret measure of countrywide voter fraud....

it appears to be a voter fraud that was MEANT TO BE CAUGHT....? if this is true, then one has to think something MORE is going on here that meets the eye...

After all, politics is as scummy as it gets! :(

care

from what i've read, ACORN has established a pattern of hiring temporary workers, incenting them to submit falsified or duplicate registrations because they get paid by the name, and then acting SHOCKED, absolutely SHOCKED that the temporary workers have responded to that incentive.....again. and again and again.

Captain Renault should investigate this as soon as he's done with Rick's Cafe.
:eusa_whistle:

I wouldn't put it past them.

I know someone that worked this summer with a local activist group that paid people to go to festivals, etc., to get people to register to vote. They didn't care who was registering (by that I mean Republican, Dem, whatever) but they were under pressure to get a quota registered at every event. If they didn't, they lost their job. Not to hard to imagine that people would make up registrations in order to keep their job...

from what i've read, ACORN has established a pattern of hiring temporary workers, incenting them to submit falsified or duplicate registrations because they get paid by the name, and then acting SHOCKED, absolutely SHOCKED that the temporary workers have responded to that incentive.....again. and again and again.

Incenting them how, exactly? Acting shocked, where exactly?

I'm curious to know why Acorn seems to be the only grass roots group that registers people that is being looked at...don't expect me to believe Republican leaning ones are clean and shiny.

hahahahahahaha! yah! he needs to gather up the "ususal suspects" lol

Oh, they get paid by the number of people registered?

Well, that certainly is a flaw and could make it a perfect situation for malfeasance on the temp's part! And the Lord knows we got a bunch of cheaters in the world... :(

Care

Incenting them how, exactly? Acting shocked, where exactly?

I'm curious to know why Acorn seems to be the only grass roots group that registers people that is being looked at...don't expect me to believe Republican leaning ones are clean and shiny.

i mispoke in my previous post. they pay their temps by the hour and require them to produce x number of registrations or face suspension or termination.

ACORN's voter registration drive has consisted of recruiting people from off the street, many of them down-and-outers desperate for work, with the promise of $8 an hour for often grueling work. The canvassers were required to be on their feet, flagging down potential registrants, often in the 100-plus-degree heat of the Las Vegas summer.

Although they were not paid a set fee per registration form collected, which is illegal, they had to meet certain quotas of registrations each day, which is legal.

in every story i've read where ACORN is accused of involvement in voter fraud, their go-to move is to blame it on their workers. google up a few stories and you'll see the pattern, if you're objective about it.

when you set up a system that practically begs to be gamed, as ACORN has with its workers, and then keep the same system after it's been gamed repeatedly, don't try to tell me that that isn't the intended result. even community organizers aren't that stupid.

ReviewJournal.com - News - Alleging fraud, authorities raid voter group
7 charged with voter registration fraud | KOMO News - Seattle, Washington | News

i mispoke in my previous post. they pay their temps by the hour and require them to produce x number of registrations or face suspension or termination.

in every story i've read where ACORN is accused of involvement in voter fraud, their go-to move is to blame it on their workers. google up a few stories and you'll see the pattern, if you're objective about it.

when you set up a system that practically begs to be gamed, as ACORN has with its workers, and then keep the same system after it's been gamed repeatedly, don't try to tell me that that isn't the intended result. even community organizers aren't that stupid.

ReviewJournal.com - News - Alleging fraud, authorities raid voter group
7 charged with voter registration fraud | KOMO News - Seattle, Washington | News

mmmmm....and no other groups do this, I guess? Pay people to register voters...I think this is common practice among all sides. I'd really like to see a comparative rate of valid voter's registrations turned in by right leaning groups before I condemn ACORN.

If ACORN is not throwing out obviously falsified voter registrations they are stupid. Other than that, they have no legal way of verifying voter registrations...only the counties can do that.

mmmmm....and no other groups do this, I guess? Pay people to register voters...I think this is common practice among all sides. I'd really like to see a comparative rate of valid voter's registrations turned in by right leaning groups before I condemn ACORN.

If ACORN is not throwing out obviously falsified voter registrations they are stupid. Other than that, they have no legal way of verifying voter registrations...only the counties can do that.

well, you're welcome to go look for it; i lost interest about a half hour ago.

it quacks like a duck, IMO, and there appears to be a good sized flock of 'em.

well, you're welcome to go look for it; i lost interest about a half hour ago.

it quacks like a duck, IMO, and there appears to be a good sized flock of 'em.
At the very least you should be able to prove that it is the intended result.

Hey, I believe the Republican's intended result is to destroy the country.

Forum List

Back