Yet another turn in the Zimmerman/Martin Case!

Frankly, I don't care whether Zimmerman had any marks or bruises on him or not. He was told not to follow Trayvon and kept going anyway. To me, the "stand your ground" law no longer applies and he was the one who made the entire incident possible. At this point, I think he's guilty of some form or murder/manslaughter; I also think there are a lot of facts that we don't know yet. And I also think the local police dept are a bunch of racist bastards, and the case against Zimmerman has already been compromised by their failure to apply police procedures equally when the homicide occured.

I agree that continuing to follow AFTER being told by authorities to stop removes his protections under the stand your ground law.

However he may be protected under some self defense laws.

Either way it should be in court, in a trial, with real solid evidence and not heresey and media speculation.

But he wasn't told to stop. The dispatcher said "You don't need to do that" which to me is not a command. And is the 911 dispatcher a sworn police officer with the authority to even issue a command?

when his head was treated there willl be paperwork on it.

that will will tell the tell.

That claimed injury doesnt comport with having the back of ones head banged on the ground.

They are too high on his head for that

Frankly, I don't care whether Zimmerman had any marks or bruises on him or not. He was told not to follow Trayvon and kept going anyway. To me, the "stand your ground" law no longer applies and he was the one who made the entire incident possible. At this point, I think he's guilty of some form or murder/manslaughter; I also think there are a lot of facts that we don't know yet. And I also think the local police dept are a bunch of racist bastards, and the case against Zimmerman has already been compromised by their failure to apply police procedures equally when the homicide occured.

Again.... Zimmerman claims he stopped following Martin when told to by the 911 dispatcher. Why are you accepting one version - that has Zimmerman following Martin... over the other? The truth is we do not know which version is accurate.

Enhanced? Enhanced Photoshop?

Believe what you want to believe! Too many stories and versions of the story to keep up with!

We will see when this comes out from the Grand Jury, won't we?

Possibly not.

Grand Jury proceedings are secret, usually. It is by law in Florida (except if the Grand Jury chooses to issue a report).

So if they decide by declining to vote an indictment, "we" may not find out anything from the GJ.

Again.... Zimmerman claims he stopped following Martin when told to by the 911 dispatcher. Why are you accepting one version - that has Zimmerman following Martin... over the other? The truth is we do not know which version is accurate.

where the dead body of the boy was found will tell that tell.

Why would a child attack a man who had been following him but walked away?

State attorney 'outraged' by federal review request in Trayvon Martin case | News - Home

ORLANDO, Fla. -
State Attorney Norm Wolfinger released a statement on Monday saying he is "outraged by the outright lies" contained in a letter written by the attorney of Trayvon Martin's parents, who are seeking a federal review in the case.

Wolfinger said he was "outraged by the outright lies contained in the letter..." and he, "encourages the Justice Department to investigate and document that no such meeting or communication occurred."

"I have been encouraging those spreading the irresponsible rhetoric to stop and allow State Attorney Angela Corey to complete her work," Wolfinger said. "Another falsehood distributed to the media does nothing to forward that process."
In the letter, Crump also says that Serino filed an affidavit stating that he did not find Zimmerman's statements credible in light of the circumstances and facts surrounding the shooting.

The media is just chock full of lies.

I agree that continuing to follow AFTER being told by authorities to stop removes his protections under the stand your ground law.

Jeez people. He wasn't told to stop. they said "We don't need you to do that". And that doesn't matter. Stand your ground doesn't apply in this case because Zimmerman, according to stories I've heard, was attacked from behind. That is cut and dried self defense. I don't know if that's what happened because I haven'ttalked to Zimmerman, but Zimmerman's Lawyer himself said that Stand Your ground doesn't apply in this case. His statement,combined with what I've heard, seems to support my stance that it doesn't aply.

Either way it should be in court, in a trial, with real solid evidence and not heresey and media speculation.

The police do not have to bring the case to trial. The (black) interum police chief has said that he will not allow this case to be influenced by the media and public opinion. If they do not have sufficient evidence then they should not take it to court period. There may be more evidence that we don't know of, but so far there has been nothing at all to dispute Zimmerman's claim of self-defense and a whole lot, including eye-witnesses, that support him.

At what point did Conservatives blame Ron Goldman for his own death.

Because he fought the guy who killed him as well.

Need a link here.

It really is as simple as that. From the use of force by aggressor section of the Florida statute for justifiable use of force:

776.041 Use of force by aggressor.—The justification described in the preceding sections of this chapter is not available to a person who:
(1) Is attempting to commit, committing, or escaping after the commission of, a forcible felony; or
(2) Initially provokes the use of force against himself or herself, unless:
(a) Such force is so great that the person reasonably believes that he or she is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm and that he or she has exhausted every reasonable means to escape such danger other than the use of force which is likely to cause death or great bodily harm to the assailant; or
(b) In good faith, the person withdraws from physical contact with the assailant and indicates clearly to the assailant that he or she desires to withdraw and terminate the use of force, but the assailant continues or resumes the use of force.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes :->2011->Chapter 776 : Online Sunshine

Look at "b" in your post.

its just weird how the right thinks someone should not react to being follwed by a stranger at night?

I guess they think you should just ignore them and hope they dont jump you

But he wasn't told to stop. The dispatcher said "You don't need to do that" which to me is not a command. And is the 911 dispatcher a sworn police officer with the authority to even issue a command?

Sometimes they are, sometimes they are not. Even if it was a P.O. that was not an order to stop by any means.

Jeez people. He wasn't told to stop. they said "We don't need you to do that". And that doesn't matter. Stand your ground doesn't apply in this case because Zimmerman, according to stories I've heard, was attacked from behind. That is cut and dried self defense. I don't know if that's what happened because I haven'ttalked to Zimmerman, but Zimmerman's Lawyer himself said that Stand Your ground doesn't apply in this case. His statement,combined with what I've heard, seems to support my stance that it doesn't aply.

The police do not have to bring the case to trial. The (black) interum police chief has said that he will not allow this case to be influenced by the media and public opinion. If they do not have sufficient evidence then they should not take it to court period. There may be more evidence that we don't know of, but so far there has been nothing at all to dispute Zimmerman's claim of self-defense and a whole lot, including eye-witnesses, that support him.

Yah.

When you get attacked from behind..your nose gets broke..that works.

Oh..and it was Zimmerman chasing Martin..not the other way around.

Martin had every right imaginable to defend himself from an armed man that was chasing him.

If that's what happened.

This "blame the victim" meme is both disgusting and reprehensible.

How old would this child have to be before you would think he had any right to be worried and or try to protect himself?

If he was ten would Zimmerman still be able to threaten a child and stock them in hopes he could shoot them?

At what point did Conservatives blame Ron Goldman for his own death.

Because he fought the guy who killed him as well.

Need a link here.

The distance between the two at the time of the killing should be a factor. Has THAT been reported?

where the dead body of the boy was found will tell that tell.

Why would a child attack a man who had been following him but walked away?

Not a 'child', a 17 year old.... 17 year olds are not children... and, sadly, they often lack the common sense that adulthood should bring. 17 year old boys are often full of piss and vinegar... was Martin that type of kid? I don't know, nor to you.

Your constant use of emotion over logic blinds you to facts... I thought you liked facts.

Forum List

Back