Yet Another Toddler Accidentally Shot And Killed His Mother

If the vast majority of cops never actually use their firearms during their career, than I'd say the likelihood of you, or me needing a gun to shoot somebody is quite small.

So that means you should carry a gun in a caliber that most people who carry guns for defense find unsuitable
Got it.

No. What that really means is that there is no need for you to be packing heat. Of any caliber.

Except for the one time you might need it. But hey your house will probably never burn down so why have insurance?

But now why don't you just be honest here instead of telling people what caliber gun they should carry just stick to your real argument that no one needs to carry a gun period?

Insurance is a sucker bet when I self-insure. Waste of money so to say.

Yeah if you happen to have enough money to rebuild your house on hand who needs insurance?

Risk assessment, nothing more and nothing less; ipso facto.

Last edited:
If the vast majority of cops never actually use their firearms during their career, than I'd say the likelihood of you, or me needing a gun to shoot somebody is quite small.

So that means you should carry a gun in a caliber that most people who carry guns for defense find unsuitable
Got it.

No. What that really means is that there is no need for you to be packing heat. Of any caliber.

Except for the one time you might need it. But hey your house will probably never burn down so why have insurance?

But now why don't you just be honest here instead of telling people what caliber gun they should carry just stick to your real argument that no one needs to carry a gun period?

Yeah if you happen to have enough money to rebuild your house on hand who needs insurance?

Insurance doesn't cover every loss because the likelihood of such a loss is nonexistent. Same with packing heat. Why bother when you'll never need it

Got it.

Risk assessment, nothing more and nothing less.

Certainly not legit risk assessment.

Risk assessment, nothing more and nothing less.

Certainly not legit risk assessment.

The dad burn law forces me to keep minimum on my truck but the law cannot force me to buy house insurance. Nanny State, grr.

Last edited:
Got it.

Insurance doesn't cover every loss because the likelihood of such a loss is nonexistent. Same with packing heat. Why bother when you'll never need it

I don't know I'll never need it and neither do you. In this country there is something like a 3% chance of being the victim of a violent crime but the caveat is that even the federal crime stats state that they believe about half of all violent crimes are not reported. So it's more like a 6% chance. Property crimes are an even higher risk and a property crime can quickly turn into a violent crime if the perpetrators are surprised by your presence or if you surprise them by coming home.

Rare maybe. Improbable maybe. Impossible certainly not.

Now think of how many times you will go out and be around people and over your lifetime it becomes a matter of when and not if

I have collision insurance on my cars that I have never used. I have Term life insurance I will probably never use. I have homeowners insurance I will probably never use

I keep them because I would rather have them and not need them than not have them if I need them.

But like I said IDGAF if you don't carry so all I ask is you don't give a fuck if I do

Is that so hard?

So you want to take the chance that guy bold enough to attack you or your wife is a calm cool collected and polite criminal?

Oh come on now, you don't always need an elephant gun. And the smaller calipers like the 22 & 25 are plenty good enough for personal protection. Better that, than pepper spray.

It's your choice.

Use whatever you want just don't tell me or anyone else what they should use

and You still haven't answered the question why doesn't any law enforcement agency in the world issue .22s their their officers if they are adequate for self defense after all a cop is only supposed to shoot if his or someone else's life is in danger

Cops need an all purpose gun so the smaller calipers won't work for them. And they're far more likely to need a gun than you or me.

Cops are only supposed to shoot if their life or someone else's life is in danger. That doesn't sound "all purpose" to me it sounds like the same defense argument you are using

And you do know that most cops never fire their weapons in their career don't you?

So if that is the case why do cops opt for 9mm and .40 caliber handguns?

It's because they provide the best protection for their size and weight. Since now you can get small frame concealable hand guns in those calibers why would you opt for a .22?

It might be good enough it might not cops certainly don't think they are good enough for their defense

But like I said you use whatever you want

We might as well be arguing about 8 vs 6 vs 4 cylinder engines. BTW I'll always take the 8 but that's just me

If the vast majority of cops never actually use their firearms during their career, than I'd say the likelihood of you, or me needing a gun to shoot somebody is quite small. So much so, that one cannot justify carrying a firearm for personal protection.

Until you actually do....then when you don't have it you or someone you care about are f****d.....sometimes literally........what is it with you morons who think that crime doesn't exist, and when people are victims you think they get a notice in the mail that today is the day they will be raped, robbed or murdered..........

Got it.

Wow....did you and brain go to the same nut job, anti gun lecture......? How do you guys make it through the day when you obviously can't dress or feed yourselves without help?

Where do they state a .22 won't work for defense? Most people never need a gun period. Of those that do almost none ever need to shoot. For that tiny fraction of a percent that do shoot a .22 will work fine. Most are more accurate with a .22.

Unless you are deadly accurate, a .22 is not going to stop someone angry or high. A .22 is good for a close and personal assassination if you are using a hollowpoint.

Not everyone is angry or high.

So if you are faced with someone angry and high, your going to say "time out" I have to go home to get my angry and high gun...?

Angry or high does not necessarily mean that you will need an elephant gun for the stopping power.

A 9mm or a .40 is by no means an elephant gun they just happen to be the calibers of choice for law enforcement all over the world

Why is that do you think?

Skull- it ain't worth the argument. They don't understand and never will.

Unless you are deadly accurate, a .22 is not going to stop someone angry or high. A .22 is good for a close and personal assassination if you are using a hollowpoint.

So if you are faced with someone angry and high, your going to say "time out" I have to go home to get my angry and high gun...?

Angry or high does not necessarily mean that you will need an elephant gun for the stopping power.

A 9mm or a .40 is by no means an elephant gun they just happen to be the calibers of choice for law enforcement all over the world

Yeah I'm done

Auto insurance is a great example of government providing private enterprise with a flock to fleece.
Where do drivers' licenses come from? Where does the requirement for auto insurance come from?
Who should issue auto insurance, especially since everyone driving is required to have it?

The argument with brain isn't really the point......I use brain to dig up new facts about the gun control issue...and I have found the vast majority of the statistics and information on the truth about guns in this country only because I repeatedly engage fools like brain.

It is also valuable to expose these morons to casual readers of these posts....who don't really pay much attention to the issues around gun control..and who may just stop by out of curiosity...they see what morons the anti gunner are....and they get to see actual facts about guns in this country......

The argument with brain isn't really the point......I use brain to dig up new facts about the gun control issue...and I have found the vast majority of the statistics and information on the truth about guns in this country only because I repeatedly engage fools like brain.

It is also valuable to expose these morons to casual readers of these posts....who don't really pay much attention to the issues around gun control..and who may just stop by out of curiosity...they see what morons the anti gunner are....and they get to see actual facts about guns in this country......

I suppose there can be a useful end to engaging fools.

I suppose there can be a useful end to engaging fools.

Sometimes....it is still annoying as all hell.......but in the long run it makes you better at defending your side of the issue.

Forum List

Back