Yet Another Group Wants Its Own Law

I really hope it stays that was Madeline, those laws have no place here. I live in America to be away from barbaric laws like that, if I wanted to adhere to Shariah I would move to the mountains of Pakistan.

It will remain the case so long as we protect the separation of church and state.

And considering the overwhelming demographics, if separation of church and state broke down I highly doubt Islamic sharia would be what "creeps" into the system.

Yes but Christians and Jews don't follow their religion word by word, there are no Christian or Jewish countries that follow the Bible and the Torah to the exact word. There are many Muslim countries who follow the Quran verbatim, i.e Pakistan, Somalia, Saudi Arabia etc.

Many christians and Jews do think they strictly adhere to the Bible, High Gravity -- they just all disagree on how it should be interpreted. Somalia seems like anarchy to me. Saudi Arabi is a monarchy with a theologian in charge. I am not sure what Pakistan is.

It doesn't seem likely to me that all 1.5 Billion Muslims on Planet Earth read the Koran the same way. Why else would there be different sects of Muslims?

I think what sets you back is that there is a horrendous level of human rights violations in some predominately Muslin nations.....but these are largely Third World nations, facing many cultural barriers to better lives for their citizens. And human rights violations occur in other nations (e.g., China) as well. Poverty and despair is not good for justice, anywhere.

My point is I don't see any Christians raping their wives or commiting honor killings and saying the Bible said so, so it is my right. We have had 2 incidents like that happen in the US where the Muslim defendant tried to hide behind Shariah, allowing these rules into our courts is going to cause a shit storm.Saudi Arabia and Pakistan do adhere to Shariah, in Pakistan a Christian woman was charged with Blashphemy for insulting the prophet, they were trying to give her the death penatly I believe. Saudi Arabia routinely executes gay, people who commit adultry, drug dealers, etc and Somalia is in anarchy Al Shabab, a Somali terrorist group, control large parts of the country and they do enforce Shariaw law, they even shot dead a crowd of people watching the world cup on tv because supposedly watching tv is unislamic. I don't want any of these things in my country.:eek:

When you cause another person's death deliberately, that is a homicide, High Gravity. There are various defenses to homicide, like self defense and insanity, but "the Koran said so" ain't one of them anymore than "the Bible said so" would be. There's no particular reason to fear the US will ever, legally, culturally or in any other way, resemble Somalia or Pakistan.

Although if the Tea Party gets its way, the US may soon resemble Peru, but that's a different matter.

Forum List

Back