Yet Another Debt Ceiling Battle

Maybe fiscal conservatives will win this one?

Oh dream the impossible dream.

I know we can't NOT raise it because default is what caused the end of the Weimar republic and Argentina economies. That said, I'd like to see a requirement to cut a dollar of government spending for ever dollar increase. Of course, the cuts would have to be BEFORE the passage, AND cannot be pushed farther than 2 years out.

Again, I dream the impossible and say "why not"? Smoke that you liberal freakazoids.

Hey Fitz. Love the avatar!
So where are you on Defense spending?
Cut it too. Start with foreign bases and military aid. Bring those displaced troops back home and set them to patrolling the borders and gunning down the mexican military protecting narcoterrorists running across our borders. Cheaper than defending Europe IMHO. Most of whom claim they don't want us there anyway.

If you're going to cut, be smart on how you do it and ending our self appointed job of defending the free world is the first place I see to cut.

Oh yeah, and quit training militaries and nation building. Figure it out yourself. Y'all are too expensive to carry for that much ingratitude.

All for it.

Maybe fiscal conservatives will win this one?

Oh dream the impossible dream.

I know we can't NOT raise it because default is what caused the end of the Weimar republic and Argentina economies. That said, I'd like to see a requirement to cut a dollar of government spending for ever dollar increase. Of course, the cuts would have to be BEFORE the passage, AND cannot be pushed farther than 2 years out.

Again, I dream the impossible and say "why not"? Smoke that you liberal freakazoids.

Hey Fitz. Love the avatar!
So where are you on Defense spending?
Cut it too. Start with foreign bases and military aid. Bring those displaced troops back home and set them to patrolling the borders and gunning down the mexican military protecting narcoterrorists running across our borders. Cheaper than defending Europe IMHO. Most of whom claim they don't want us there anyway.

If you're going to cut, be smart on how you do it and ending our self appointed job of defending the free world is the first place I see to cut.

Oh yeah, and quit training militaries and nation building. Figure it out yourself. Y'all are too expensive to carry for that much ingratitude.

Excellent! We agree with only minor differences. I would slash defense by 50% or more. I would close most of our foreign bases but I would leave a few. The UK, Turkey, Israel, Japan maybe. Then id' reallocate funding to shore up domestic security but also put it in technology, SOF's and intel. There are bad guys out there but they're not the Land War type.

well screw it then, why have a dept ceiling...lets just let Obama and his comrades in arms have the credit card to SPEND as they wish.

enjoy what you all will owe in the Future.

This government has been operating on a Contiuning Resolution...contrary to a budget the Constitution demands...The Democrats are responsible for it. They can't escape it.

Precisely the opposite is true. Republicans are trying to stop spending at ever turn, and they will pay for it this November.

Forum List

Back