Yet another child dies at the jaws of pitbulls

Yeah..............and the ******* that own dem dawgz( not black people) have the record for the most violent crimes per capita, anywhere you care to look. ?? What's your point ?
Pit bulls and pistols are beautiful things until a ****** gets a hold of them.

An unattended pistol isn't going to kill anybody by itself.

But an unattended pitbull...

Different story.

Pit bulls are just dogs.

Any dog that is trained to become aggresive will be dangerous.

Its not the breed folks
Ya, when a type of seeing eye dog is chosen, it dosn't matter what type of breed it is.

Deadly pit bull attack to likely prompt charges; law changes | WCNC.com | Charlotte News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | WCNC.com | News for Charlotte, NC

Greg Kearney won't forget his Wednesday morning trip to the mailbox anytime soon.

“I heard a woman screaming loudly,” he says.

The screaming was coming from 67-year-old Nancy Presson, as she was trying desperately to save her granddaughter, 5-year-old Mikayla Woodard from the jaws of two pit bulls.

The little girl died in the ambulance and her grandmother has what has been described as "serious lacerations" on her hand, wrist and arm.

“She was screaming very loudly several times I knew something bad happened, a bad situation, Kearney says.

He says he's seen the dogs roaming the streets before and worried that something like this could happen.

“It did because of pit bulls reputation,” he explains. “It did worry me, I stayed away from them.”

I wonder how many die from handguns?

Pit bulls are bred and are trained to kill other dogs. Too bad the children are in the way.

Deadly pit bull attack to likely prompt charges; law changes | WCNC.com | Charlotte News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | WCNC.com | News for Charlotte, NC

Greg Kearney won't forget his Wednesday morning trip to the mailbox anytime soon.

The screaming was coming from 67-year-old Nancy Presson, as she was trying desperately to save her granddaughter, 5-year-old Mikayla Woodard from the jaws of two pit bulls.

The little girl died in the ambulance and her grandmother has what has been described as "serious lacerations" on her hand, wrist and arm.

“She was screaming very loudly several times I knew something bad happened, a bad situation, Kearney says.

He says he's seen the dogs roaming the streets before and worried that something like this could happen.

“It did because of pit bulls reputation,” he explains. “It did worry me, I stayed away from them.”

My Son showed up with a Pit Bull Pup for Christmas. Loving dog, but a little hyper. Nobody should have to put up with dogs running the streets unsupervised. That is just wrong.

Pit bulls are just dogs.

Its not the breed folks

I disagree, pit bulls have genetic tendancies to be agressive.
Just like some breeds have tendancies to hunt birds or herd animals.

she's too stupid to understand genetics. I raised a pit bull from a puppy, he was mixed with black lab. He was treated with nothing but love and kindness, one day, for no reason he attacked and tried to kill our Jack Russell Terrier. The Pit Bull died that day by euthanasia.

An improperly trained pitbull is more dangerous than virtually any other improperly trained breed.

That is a fact.

Present your evidence

"Studies indicate that pit bull-type dogs were involved in approximately a third of human DBRF (i.e., dog bite related fatalities) reported during the 12-year period from 1981 through1992, and Rottweilers were responsible for about half of human DBRF reported during the 4 years from 1993 through 1996....[T]he data indicate that Rottweilers and pit bull-type dogs accounted for 67% of human DBRF in the United States between 1997 and 1998. It is extremely unlikely that they accounted for anywhere near 60% of dogs in the United States during that same period and, thus, there appears to be a breed-specific problem with fatalities." (Sacks JJ, Sinclair L, Gilchrist J, Golab GC, Lockwood R. Breeds of dogs involved in fatal human attacks in the United States between 1979 and 1998. JAVMA 2000;217:836-840.)

source

Table 1—Breeds of dogs involved in human dog bite-related fatalities (DBRF) in the United States, by 2-year period, between 1979 and

1998. Death-based approach of counting most frequent purebreds and crossbreds involved in 7 or more human DBRF

Purebred
Pit bull-type 2 5 10 9 11* 8 6 5 4* 6 66
Rottweiler 0 0 1 1 3 1 3 10 10 10 39
German Shepherd Dog 2 1 4* 1 1 4* 2 0 2 0 17
Husky-type 2 1 2 2 0 2 2 1 2 1 15
Malamute 2 0 3 1 0 2 3 1 0 0 12
Doberman Pinscher 0 1 0 2 2 2 1 0 0 1 9
Chow Chow 0 1 0 0 0 2 3 0 2 0 8
Great Dane 3 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 7
Saint Bernard 1 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 7
Crossbred
Wolf-dog hybrid 0 1 1 2 1 4 1 2 2 0 14
Mixed-breed 0 3 1 2 1 2 0 1 1 1 12
German Shepherd Dog 0 2 0 2 2 2† 0 1 2 0 10†
Pit bull-type 0 1 0 3 2† 3 1 1 0 0 10†
Husky-type 0 1 1 2 1 1 0 0 0 0 6
Rottweiler 0 0 0 0 1† 1 0 1 1 2 5†
Alaskan Malamute 0 0 0 0 0 2 1 0 0 0 3
Chow Chow 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 3
Doberman Pinscher 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0
Saint Bernard 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1
Great Dane 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1† 0†
No. deaths for which 10 20 26* 24 22 34* 24 25 26* 27 238

source --it's WAY easier to read than the above.

FYIO Pittbulls TOP THE LIST every year for the the 11 years these statistics were compiled.

The evidence is very clear that of all breeds of dogs PITTBULLS are by far and away, the most dangerous breed of dogs to humans,

You me and proably everbody else knows some sweetheart pittbull.

And they are a sweet breed usually, too...until they're not

In the rules and regulation section of the guest guide at the RV Resort I stay at in the winter, the following breeds are not allowed: rottweiler, pit bull, chow and doberman pinscher.
The owners must have read this list.

My Son showed up with a Pit Bull Pup for Christmas. Loving dog, but a little hyper. Nobody should have to put up with dogs running the streets unsupervised. That is just wrong.

It's like leaving a loaded gun on the table. innit?

Pit bulls are just dogs.

Its not the breed folks

she's too stupid to understand genetics. I raised a pit bull from a puppy, he was mixed with black lab. He was treated with nothing but love and kindness, one day, for no reason he attacked and tried to kill our Jack Russell Terrier. The Pit Bull died that day by euthanasia.

Yep that has been my observation about pit bulls as well.

imho many owners of pit bulls are low self esteem types that feel tough dogs make them tough.
I think that the breed should dissapear.

Yep that has been my observation about pit bulls as well.

imho many owners of pit bulls are low self esteem types that feel tough dogs make them tough.
I think that the breed should dissapear.

I think cross breeding works too.

The simple answer is to outlaw the breeding of these dogs. It is actually cruelty to the animals themselves to continue this idiocy.

To bad all dog breeds can't behave the same, like humans.

My God, that poor little girl and her grandmother that now has to live with playing this over and over and over in her head till the day she dies. This is just sickeningly awful.

uscitizen's post makes the most sense to me. My dog is part border colllie and when we first got her (she was 10 months old) she used to run after the kids nipping at their heels. She was a rescue from the spca and was in an apartment until we adopted her. No one taught her to do this, she just knew by instinct. I used think pit bulls weren't any different from other dogs but the stats, stories and spca FULL of these dogs has changed my mind.

We had one kill a neighbor's dog when she was out for a walk...the owner had it off the lease and it attacked her greyhound and killed it...then the owner said he'd go for help, took his dog and ran away. Now we have posters all over the neighborhood warning about this incident. Damn HOA president didn't want it in the newsletter cause he didn't "think it was our business". Fortunately we outvoted him.

How horrible. And yet here, there's a goofball trying to take pits off the vicious animal list.

House bill seeks to remove pit bulls from Ohio's vicious-dog law: Animals in the News | cleveland.com

How horrible. And yet here, there's a goofball trying to take pits off the vicious animal list.

House bill seeks to remove pit bulls from Ohio's vicious-dog law: Animals in the News | cleveland.com

What a moronic, introducing this bill. wtf?

From the article:

Pit bulls are plentiful in Cleveland, where the city kennel euthanized 968 of the 1,281 pit bulls it impounded last year. Because of the state law and comparable city ordinance, only those claimed by owners who had secure pens and $100,000 of liability insurance were allowed to leave.

Cripes, liability insurance because of a dog? What does that say about this breeds 'viciousness'? And someone thinks it's a good idea to take pits off the list?

Pit bulls made up 60 percent of the 1,600 dogs killed among the 4,078 impounded at the Cleveland Kennel.

Our spca holds about 30-35 dogs in the adoption cages area. There are always at least 6-10 cages with pits. One time the entire adoption cages were filled with pits. Every single cage occupied by a pit bull. Even the one dog who has lived at the spca for about a year and a half and can't be adopted out due to a pending animal abuse case.

Do you happen to remember the woman mauled to death in an apartment hallway in San Fransisco? The dogs that attacked her were Presa Canarios, another breed bred to fight but unlike pits, these are enormous....as big as mastiffs.

Across the street from my brother's old house, where my neice now lives alone, there's just such a dog, and it is allowed out without a leash or fence (not that either one would be much help).

IMO, the people who want to own such animals (and I'd include wolf-dog hybrids here as well) have a screw loose.

Presa Demand Grows for All Wrong Reasons / Dogs wanted for killing, fighting - SFGate

Forum List

Back