Yet Another Archeological Find Confirming the Bible

Well that's certainly a thorn in the naysayers sides
How do you figure? Did anyone actually doubt the gate existed? It's an interesting find and does validate some of the Book of Kings, but it's hardly validation of any claims of the divine.

SO TRUE----it is intellectually satisfying because it disputes the
argument that the BIBLE was written last week. Believe it or not ------that the bible is a haphazard pile of BS ---IS very important in Nazi and Islamic propaganda. Muslims are FIRM on the idea that the OT ----was written as a propaganda
device-----recently, and is altered every Tuesday and Thursday to SUPPORT THE CURRENT ZIONIST AGENDA.
The information is being repeated today during the weekly
Khutbah Jumaat feces fling

Archaeologists have also uncovered evidence of 5 major mass extinctions in earths 4.3 billion year history. Does the Bible explain why God wiped out so many of his early creations?

No, that would be paleontologists, geologists, and geophysicists.. Learn the difference between the sciences.

I accept your correction That I used the wrong discipline doesn't discount the question of why the mass extinctions on the planet are ignored by the Bible? Could it be that men wrote the books that comprise the Bible at a time when the simply had no idea about geological time?

The Bible is a book, written by primitive men who were trying to make sense of the world. They had no science, nor did they have even the beginning of a disciplined way of observing the planet. Amazingly enough though, the bible describes the moment of creation almost the same way that cosmologists do. Namely a big bang. According to the bible God created the heavens and the Earth in a single day. According to Cosmologists the entirety of our universe originated from a singularity no larger than a proton all in an instant. First there was nothing, then the entire universe came into being.

After that the bible becomes nothing more than a very good history of early man and his interactions with his neighbors. Archaeological research has confirmed many of the assertions made in the bible. Take the bible for what it is, the ridiculous attacks against it, and the religious people who believe it, is asinine.

Well that's certainly a thorn in the naysayers sides
How do you figure? Did anyone actually doubt the gate existed? It's an interesting find and does validate some of the Book of Kings, but it's hardly validation of any claims of the divine.

You believe what you will and let me do the same. That's how it works
Then why do you think it's a thorn in the naysayer's side? That's implying that this find should make them believe differently or, at minimum, undermine their beliefs.

Archaeologists have also uncovered evidence of 5 major mass extinctions in earths 4.3 billion year history. Does the Bible explain why God wiped out so many of his early creations?

No, that would be paleontologists, geologists, and geophysicists.. Learn the difference between the sciences.

I accept your correction That I used the wrong discipline doesn't discount the question of why the mass extinctions on the planet are ignored by the Bible? Could it be that men wrote the books that comprise the Bible at a time when the simply had no idea about geological time?

The Bible is a book, written by primitive men who were trying to make sense of the world. They had no science, nor did they have even the beginning of a disciplined way of observing the planet. Amazingly enough though, the bible describes the moment of creation almost the same way that cosmologists do. Namely a big bang. According to the bible God created the heavens and the Earth in a single day. According to Cosmologists the entirety of our universe originated from a singularity no larger than a proton all in an instant. First there was nothing, then the entire universe came into being.

After that the bible becomes nothing more than a very good history of early man and his interactions with his neighbors. Archaeological research has confirmed many of the assertions made in the bible. Take the bible for what it is, the ridiculous attacks against it, and the religious people who believe it, is asinine.

wall----you sorta---a little---trivialized the importance of ancient
scriptural writings in REAL HISTORY (specifically of--man)

A lurid history book I can accept. The archaeological accuracy is questionable.

No, I didn't. I specifically said that it is an excellent historical source for mans ancient history in that region.

Israeli archaeologists have unearthed a 2,900-year-old gate-shrine they say confirms the biblical story of King Hezekiah, who mandated the worship of God and the rejection of all other deities.

Archaeologists Unearth Ancient Gate-Shrine In Israel

A YouTube video link from IAA's Channel about the Tel Lachish excavation.

Findings at the site validate “And they demolished the pillar of Baal, and demolished the house of Baal, and made it a latrine to this day” (II Kings 10:27). You can read the full IAA report here as well: Israel Antiquities Authority

Yippy!!! Another rabbit hole to go down. And to think NOT believing only takes a few seconds of common sense. No holes to dig or date. It certainly is a lot easier to just say "bullshit" and go about living one's life without the ball and chain of willful ignorance sucking the lives out of so many people.

You do validate deniers have a lot of hate.
So tell me, what's the downside of my belief?

It is part of your dogma to assume the right and responsibility to make all human beings like you. Job one for you people is to save everyone's soul. It is intrusive. We have the right to our own lives and destinies. I find it offensive that Muslims and Christians believe they have the right to interfere with the lives of those that do not believe in your mutual nonsense.

Hate? No more than I hate anyone that preys on the weak. Steals from them and offers nothing for their worldly possessions than promises that have yet to be proven. In short you people are engaged in a fraud of mammoth proportions. Moral people hate those who engage in deceit for profit. Even your precious Jesus hated the money changers who's only crime was to enrich themselves to allow others access to the temple.

Israeli archaeologists have unearthed a 2,900-year-old gate-shrine they say confirms the biblical story of King Hezekiah, who mandated the worship of God and the rejection of all other deities.

y

We don't need archeologists to confirm the Bible exists.

It is always news when there is archeological evidence of any of the stories in the Old Testament actually being true.

Findings at the site validate “And they demolished the pillar of Baal, and demolished the house of Baal, and made it a latrine to this day” (II Kings 10:27). You can read the full IAA report here as well: Israel Antiquities Authority

Yippy!!! Another rabbit hole to go down. And to think NOT believing only takes a few seconds of common sense. No holes to dig or date. It certainly is a lot easier to just say "bullshit" and go about living one's life without the ball and chain of willful ignorance sucking the lives out of so many people.

It is part of your dogma to assume the right and responsibility to make all human beings like you. Job one for you people is to save everyone's soul. It is intrusive. We have the right to our own lives and destinies. I find it offensive that Muslims and Christians believe they have the right to interfere with the lives of those that do not believe in your mutual nonsense.

Hate? No more than I hate anyone that preys on the weak. Steals from them and offers nothing for their worldly possessions than promises that have yet to be proven. In short you people are engaged in a fraud of mammoth proportions. Moral people hate those who engage in deceit for profit. Even your precious Jesus hated the money changers who's only crime was to enrich themselves to allow others access to the temple.

Correction. It's my desire to see all people more like Christ. And that only comes voluntarily.
Tell me, since Christians believe the only way to heaven is to accept Christ into their lives, how much would we have to hate you to not want you to take that step of faith?

You can look at it as invasive, but it's only because they care about you.

Correction. It's my desire to see all people more like Christ. And that only comes voluntarily.
Tell me, since Christians believe the only way to heaven is to accept Christ into their lives, how much would we have to hate you to not want you to take that step of faith?

You can look at it as invasive, but it's only because they care about you.

They are "caring" about something that is non of their business. An individual born into this country is a free being. We are directed by our forefathers to seek what makes us happy....not what makes Christians and Muslims happy.

Not everyone that reads your bibles falls for the fairy tale. Obviously the majority want the prize of eternity you all claim is the top prize for committing one's integrity to believing in sky fairies and who knows what else. I admit that it is harder to take my path than yours. It takes sticking to common sense when faced with the advantages that Christians offer the brain washed "group". Sure...a weak minded person with little sense of personal integrity should choose to claim they believe in the bullshit of religion. They are giving up practically nothing in principles. We are born with "faith" in ourselves and we take our first breaths. Then the "group" starts telling us what we owe it. When we are young the old brain washed fools even claim we should die for them in lands too far away that could possibly threaten us.

You don't want someone's "faith". You want conformity that adds to your power. Yes, I resent that. I resent you pray to a make believe god then based on that foolishness assume I should be impressed. I have enough legitimate "leaders" that get voted by us to handle the business we are too small to handle. Now you come along and demand my eternal allegiance to a fairy tale. I have enough allegiances and leaders thank you.

No, I didn't. I specifically said that it is an excellent historical source for mans ancient history in that region.

ok----so I am OVERLY DEMANDING

Forum List

Back