Yet again the experts say the stimulus worked

Economist's View: "Gauging the Benefits, Costs, and Sustainability of U.S. Stimulus"

Did the stimulus work? According to a collaboration between Fitch Ratings and Oxford economics, the answer is yes:

Government stimulus moves may have ended recession, by Jim Puzzanghera, Los Angeles Times: Without the unprecedented stimulus actions by the federal government triggered by the 2008 financial crisis, the Great Recession might still be going on, according to a study by Fitch Ratings. ...

The boost from those policies helped the nation's gross domestic product increase 3% in 2010 and 1.7% last year; absent the stimulus, the U.S. "might still be mired in a recession," according to the study, done in conjunction with Oxford Economics.

The U.S. economy would have seen little or no growth the last two years without the policies, the report says, and those actions appear "to have significantly softened the severity of the decline" in GDP in the year immediately after the recession ended in mid-2009.

Though the Fed's monetary policy actions were helpful, fiscal stimulus by Congress and the White House "had the strongest positive impact on consumption during the recent recovery," the study found.

You do realize that economists are all over the board when it comes to opinions and studies....:redface:

You do realize that as far as she seems to care only the ones that agree with her matter.

Immie

Last edited:
Obama admitted those "shovel ready jobs" were not so shovel ready.
Besides filling the pockets of the unions and other supporters he needed to pay off, the stimulus did NOTHING.

So according to you creating 4 million jobs, keeping 12 million people out of poverty, building roads, providing people with education, modernizing health care records, modernizing the electricity grid, producing energy, making homes more energy efficient is equal to nothing.
The fact is that you are a cluless dumbass

$5 trillion DEEPER in debt and we still have fewer jobs than the day he took office.
Great job Barry!

REpublicans response "creating jobs is bad because unemployment was high"
"Saving jobs was bad because its a new term that I'm to stupid to understand"
"4million jobs is bad because its not 10million"
"poining out that the stimuls did things means you view Obama as your god"
when will republcians ever get a clue or an IQ above 60? Never sadly

Um, lemme see.

Stimulus $800B

Jobs "Created" 4MM

um, that's $200K/job

That's what you're calling a success?

Considering investments in the stimulus over 10 years will save at least 1.6 trillion dollars yes I'd call it a success but then again I am not a retard like you who has no clue about anything

Why not claim 16 trillion over 10 years? You know, as long as you're making shit up.

Stimulus was half tax cuts. If it worked then why don't libs want more tax cuts??

They do. But they don't support tax cuts that eh GOP wants because the GOP wants to give tax cuts to international corporations and billionaires
so plz come back when you have a clue

We have the highest corporate tax rates in the world. Obviously, the way to grow the economy is to make them even higher. Obviously. :cuckoo:

Even a Lib kiss ass economist Paul Krugman said the stimulus was a failure.
But for different reasons.
He said the Administration didn't spend enough....
Unbelievable....they didn't spend enough.

You ignore dozens of reports saying the stimulus did nothing, and cherry pick the one that said what you wanted to hear.

The stimulus did do one thing though, it helped obama add 5 trillion dollars to the deficit.

post one study or anaylsisi that shows the stimulus did nothing. GIvent hat there are zero I await your non-response..

Want to bet?

No Such Thing as Shovel Ready | Mercatus
Did Stimulus Dollars Hire the Unemployed? | Mercatus

Last edited:
REpublicans response "creating jobs is bad because unemployment was high"
"Saving jobs was bad because its a new term that I'm to stupid to understand"
"4million jobs is bad because its not 10million"
"poining out that the stimuls did things means you view Obama as your god"
when will republcians ever get a clue or an IQ above 60? Never sadly

The problem with your little rant, Star...is that if you look at it closer...it's all bluster with nothing to back it up.

The stimulus was supposed to create jobs. That was its FUNCTION. The whole "jobs saved" thing isn't difficult to understand...it's entire premise was to invent a statistic that was impossible to quantify yet sounded good.
Yes you being so stupid that you can't calculate that x jobs would be saved means its impossible to quantify. Yes it is impossible for you to quantify but that is because you are a retard.

See this is your problem you think creating 4million jobs means it failed to create jobs....
The problem here is that you ignore reality becaues you are a retard.

See this is also your problem is that you think right wing republicans opinions are equal to that of actually analysis and research. If Obama said the earth was round you'd follow the GOP it saying he is a liar because the earth is spherical

Yes it is amazing that with so many millions out of work you attack a policy that kept 4million out of unemployment...
Creating 4 million jobs SOUNDS so amazing until you examine that number and realize that to keep pace with population growth you need to create around 225,000 jobs per month.
ROTFL i see so according to you creating 4million jobs is bad because in 20 years we need to create more...
So if you take the three and a half years that Obama has been in office and multiply those 42 months by 225,000 you get the number 9,450,000 which is the number of jobs we needed to create to keep pace. That means that Barry "created" less than HALF the jobs that he needed to. Not so amazing now...is it?
See this is also your problem. You are so stupid that you think the stimulus was the only thing that effected job growth. So plz come back when you actually have a grtasp on reality

Repeatedly calling me "stupid" without backing up WHY I'm stupid is TruthMatters typical approach, Star...not really the person you want to be emulating. I'm curious... do you really not understand why only creating 4 million jobs was in fact failure on a rather grand scale? You're not coming across as a very well educated person so I'm guessing this is all a bit over your head. If I could make a suggestion? Fewer nights spent with Blizzard and more nights spent with your nose in a book about economics would probably do WONDERS for your ability to discuss things like this without coming off like a stoned 16 year old.

Obama admitted those "shovel ready jobs" were not so shovel ready.
Besides filling the pockets of the unions and other supporters he needed to pay off, the stimulus did NOTHING.

So according to you creating 4 million jobs, keeping 12 million people out of poverty, building roads, providing people with education, modernizing health care records, modernizing the electricity grid, producing energy, making homes more energy efficient is equal to nothing.

$5 trillion DEEPER in debt and we still have fewer jobs than the day he took office.
Great job Barry!

Yep Obama is to blame for job losses in January 2009 when he became president in January 20th of 2009.
This is the difference between you and me I actually state the effects of obama policies while you just blame Obama for everything

The problem with your little rant, Star...is that if you look at it closer...it's all bluster with nothing to back it up.

The stimulus was supposed to create jobs. That was its FUNCTION. The whole "jobs saved" thing isn't difficult to understand...it's entire premise was to invent a statistic that was impossible to quantify yet sounded good.
Yes you being so stupid that you can't calculate that x jobs would be saved means its impossible to quantify. Yes it is impossible for you to quantify but that is because you are a retard.

See this is your problem you think creating 4million jobs means it failed to create jobs....

See this is also your problem is that you think right wing republicans opinions are equal to that of actually analysis and research. If Obama said the earth was round you'd follow the GOP it saying he is a liar because the earth is spherical

Yes it is amazing that with so many millions out of work you attack a policy that kept 4million out of unemployment...

ROTFL i see so according to you creating 4million jobs is bad because in 20 years we need to create more...
So if you take the three and a half years that Obama has been in office and multiply those 42 months by 225,000 you get the number 9,450,000 which is the number of jobs we needed to create to keep pace. That means that Barry "created" less than HALF the jobs that he needed to. Not so amazing now...is it?
See this is also your problem. You are so stupid that you think the stimulus was the only thing that effected job growth. So plz come back when you actually have a grtasp on reality

Repeatedly calling me "stupid" without backing up WHY I'm stupid is TruthMatters typical approach, Star...not really the person you want to be emulating. I'm curious... do you really not understand why only creating 4 million jobs was in fact failure on a rather grand scale? You're not coming across as a very well educated person so I'm guessing this is all a bit over your head. If I could make a suggestion? Fewer nights spent with Blizzard and more nights spent with your nose in a book about economics would probably do WONDERS for your ability to discuss things like this without coming off like a stoned 16 year old.

I keep waiting for Star to mature as a poster and keep praying that he(?) will mature into a legitimate poster and not fall into the rdean, TDM, Chris category of troll.

Most posters come on to sites like this guns blazing, "knowing" that they know everything and everyone that opposes them are "stupid". The vast majority of them actually mature into decent posters who are worth having discussions with. I have not lost hope on Star yet.

Immie

Um, lemme see.

Stimulus $800B

Jobs "Created" 4MM

um, that's $200K/job

That's what you're calling a success?

Considering investments in the stimulus over 10 years will save at least 1.6 trillion dollars yes I'd call it a success but then again I am not a retard like you who has no clue about anything

Why not claim 16 trillion over 10 years? You know, as long as you're making shit up.
Just because you hafve to make shit up doesn't mean I do
here is a list of how much money the stimulus will save in 10 years
^1 trillion computerized health records
^34 billion community health centers
^20 billion head start
^77 billion MEP
^8 billion WIC
^10 billion AmeriCorps
^10 billion NASA
^100b-1t billion electric smart grid
^7 billion cash for claunkers
^6 billion preventative medicine
^43-63 billion from public transportation
^22 billion WAP
^46-100 billion from alternative energy
^22b-1t(estimate) from comparative effectiveness/health research
^8-80 billion science research
^100 billion pre-school/early education

Stimulus was half tax cuts. If it worked then why don't libs want more tax cuts??

They do. But they don't support tax cuts that eh GOP wants because the GOP wants to give tax cuts to international corporations and billionaires
so plz come back when you have a clue

We have the highest corporate tax rates in the world. Obviously, the way to grow the economy is to make them even higher. Obviously. :cuckoo:

See this is the problem. You are so ignorant that you think the earth is flat and yet you call anyone who says the earth isn't flat that they are cuckoo

Two-Thirds of Corporations Pay No Taxes, But McCain Still Wants To Lower the Corporate Tax Rate | ThinkProgress
Error - washingtonpost.com
^United states corporate tax revenue is half that of the OCED average.
You would have to increase USA corporate taxes by 100% in America for the USA to have corporate taxes equal to the OCED average.

Reality Check: Effective U.S. Corporate Tax Rate Much Lower Than Most Other Developed Nations | ThinkProgress
^United states has one of the lower corporate tax rates in the 1st world

26 Major Corporations Paid No Taxes For The Last Four Years
^From 2008-2011 the 30 largest corporations paid a negative income taxes despite having 205billion in profits

Great job Barry!

Yep Obama is to blame for job losses in January 2009 when he became president in January 20th of 2009.
This is the difference between you and me I actually state the effects of obama policies while you just blame Obama for everything

You're right, businesses never look forward to see what's going to happen in the future.
They don't react after an election in November, they wait until January to notice an anti-business candidate has been elected.
And we still have fewer jobs. Over 3 years later and the smartest President in history hasn't fixed the economy yet?
Hell, he was going to stop the rise of the oceans. :cuckoo:

You ignore dozens of reports saying the stimulus did nothing, and cherry pick the one that said what you wanted to hear.

The stimulus did do one thing though, it helped obama add 5 trillion dollars to the deficit.

post one study or anaylsisi that shows the stimulus did nothing. GIvent hat there are zero I await your non-response..

Want to bet?

No Such Thing as Shovel Ready | Mercatus
Did Stimulus Dollars Hire the Unemployed? | Mercatus

See this is part of the problem you think a survey that shows that the stimulus that states "hiring workers isn't creating jobs" is a valid source. You think a survey that states "unemployment raised from 2008-2009 is a reflection on the stimulus act.
So come back when you have an actually study on the effects of the stimulus

I keep waiting for Star to mature as a poster and keep praying that he(?) will mature into a legitimate poster and not fall into the rdean, TDM, Chris category of troll.

Most posters come on to sites like this guns blazing, "knowing" that they know everything and everyone that opposes them are "stupid". The vast majority of them actually mature into decent posters who are worth having discussions with. I have not lost hope on Star yet.

Immie

See this is the proiblem according to you posting facts isn't legitamte this is because facts are contrarty to what you post

Just because you hafve to make shit up doesn't mean I do
here is a list of how much money the stimulus will save in 10 years
^1 trillion computerized health records
^34 billion community health centers
^20 billion head start
^77 billion MEP
^8 billion WIC
^10 billion AmeriCorps
^10 billion NASA
^100b-1t billion electric smart grid
^7 billion cash for claunkers
^6 billion preventative medicine
^43-63 billion from public transportation
^22 billion WAP
^46-100 billion from alternative energy
^22b-1t(estimate) from comparative effectiveness/health research
^8-80 billion science research
^100 billion pre-school/early education

You left a zero off the end of all those numbers.
Or was it two zeros?
Hell, with $5 trillion in additional debt, our GDP should have doubled by now, with all of the great investments Obama made. :lol:

Last edited:
Great job Barry!

You're right, businesses never look forward to see what's going to happen in the future.
They don't react after an election in November, they wait until January to notice an anti-business candidate has been elected.
And we still have fewer jobs. Over 3 years later and the smartest President in history hasn't fixed the economy yet?
Hell, he was going to stop the rise of the oceans. :cuckoo:

ROTFL so your argument is that jobs losses in 2008 are because of Obama...Plz come back when your argument is something other then "everything is Obama's fault and if you disagree with that you are cukoo" also plz explain how Obama cutting businesses taxes is anti-buisens. THis is your problem are you are able to do is spout right-wing talking points that have no basis in reality and when confronted with realtiy you are so stubborn an pathetic that you reject it with "oh you are cuckoo for not being brainwashed like me"

Last edited:
Nine months of consumer confidence building.

The right seems to hope for failure for this country

Forum List

Back