Yesterday's Sermon

Well, I'm far far from home, visiting the folks in Florida, missing my kitties and my hubby!

Yesterday, the folks drag me to their Church for Sunday service...not really dragged me...;)

Anyway, the Priest in their parish spoke about political parties that we should NOT belong to....

1. We should not support a political party that supports abortion being legal.
2. We should not support a political party that supports the death penalty.
3. We should not support a political party that supports going to war without Just Cause...(in self defense of an immediate harm to us.)

QUESTION: Is there ANY political party that we are allowed to support?

I have noticed that the church is starting to speak up about some of these matters. For instance, their was a Catholic Bishop on tv the other night telling Patrick Kennedy that he should not take communion. Patrick is pro-choice. One thing for sure, if you are a christian and you go to church and read the bible. God is Pro-Life.

The black churches have always been very political, ex Rev Wright. White churches have been silent on politics but I beleive that many Priests and Pastors have decided that they have seen enough, deminishing moral values and character, they are speaking out now.

I hope they keep it up. Everyone needs to walk their talk. If you are a Christian what are you doing voting for a pro-choice candidate who supports late term abortions.

If churches become more politically active then they need to start paying taxes..

Agreed.

Quick question for you Christian Pagans known as Catholics (and yes, your version of Christianity IS based on pagan rituals as well as a few beliefs).............

What is so important about a shot of wine and a church cracker? Why is it that you feel so "cut off" from God when you can't participate in getting a cracker and some booze, and showing off your new clothes?

Do you know what your soul is? It's actually a small piece of God that He carved out from under His Throne with the blade of Self Will.

The Torah and the Talmud refer to this.

Siddhartha (the first Buddha) knew this as well.

Yeshua (Jesus) even taught it when He stated "the Father and I are One", and "the Kingdom of God is within".

He was also trying to teach everyone else this same thing. Why else do you think He took one of His disciples out onto the water to walk?

Forum List

Back