Yesterday My New Career In Metal-Detecting Began....

Tom Horn

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2015
NEARBY
I've had a recurring dream over the past few months that I was using a metal-detector in the sand of a volleyball court at a local park. I kept unearthing the same diamond ring worth thousands of dollars! So I bought myself a Bounty Hunter metal detector and sand scoop and set out to make my dream come true. All I found were 2 old nickels and a rusty pair of pliers. :cry:

Will I give up? NO! :eusa_naughty: I got a few faint hits that I need a pointer for....it looks like a flashlight but is much more sensitive than the wand. When you get a hit off the big unit, you poke around with the pointer....it goes nuts beeping when it's close to your objective and you dig it out. So I got on Amazon (I hate Bezos but what's a fella to do?) and snagged a pointer...not the expensive Garrett but one that got a few good reviews for half the price. It will be here in a few days and I'll return to the sand pit of my dreams....here's what I hope to find....wish me luck!

maxresdefault.jpg

maybe you will find your brain. I have no doubt its covered in metal, hard head..

I've had a recurring dream over the past few months that I was using a metal-detector in the sand of a volleyball court at a local park. I kept unearthing the same diamond ring worth thousands of dollars! So I bought myself a Bounty Hunter metal detector and sand scoop and set out to make my dream come true. All I found were 2 old nickels and a rusty pair of pliers. :cry:

Will I give up? NO! :eusa_naughty: I got a few faint hits that I need a pointer for....it looks like a flashlight but is much more sensitive than the wand. When you get a hit off the big unit, you poke around with the pointer....it goes nuts beeping when it's close to your objective and you dig it out. So I got on Amazon (I hate Bezos but what's a fella to do?) and snagged a pointer...not the expensive Garrett but one that got a few good reviews for half the price. It will be here in a few days and I'll return to the sand pit of my dreams....here's what I hope to find....wish me luck!

maxresdefault.jpg
You hope to find a hand?

I too tried metal detecting...For forty five years I tried to find that one bottle cap that would make me a poor man..

Shoot for the big score.

Seriously the best place to look is the bottom of the ocean along the sailing routes from the new world to Spain, Portugal, and England. Of course you need a submersible, a recovery ship, and an old lady who will throw it all back once you find it.

If you find my husband's wedding ring he lost when he put in the front walk some 12 years ago, lmk

Wedding rings are the most common find.....enraged women tend to throw them into the weeds and then make their husband hunt for them without success. Guys tend to lose them on branches when they're hunting or working with a shovel like your husband. The park I'm going to is snooty Scottsdale where women accessorize to play tennis and volleyball. When they realize they're missing something they just call their insurance adjuster. I know there's a major find to be had there...just have to be methodical about locating it.

If you find my husband's wedding ring he lost when he put in the front walk some 12 years ago, lmk

Wedding rings are the most common find.....enraged women tend to throw them into the weeds and then make their husband hunt for them without success. Guys tend to lose them on branches when they're hunting or working with a shovel like your husband. The park I'm going to is snooty Scottsdale where women accessorize to play tennis and volleyball. When they realize they're missing something they just call their insurance adjuster. I know there's a major find to be had there...just have to be methodical about locating it.
Hell, while there pick up a rich bitch also...if she's not too heavy..

He doesn't pick up women, he beats them up.

He doesn't pick up women, he beats them up.
I do too with my tongue....Tom is just, well, a real man bitch...

Yeah he never, ever, ever took it off. Except that day he was shoveling a lot and it was blistering his finger so he took it off ... and never saw it again. He thought he put it in his jeans pocket, he did run to the hardware. It either fell out there or in the ditch he was digging. The walkway needs to be redone so we'll rent a metal detector and when the bricks get pulled up we'll see if anything beeps.

Good luck with your finds, hope you hit the jackpot!

maxresdefault.jpg

Check out this video, I also saw one about a guy around Tennessee finding a 150 grand gold nugget

Yeah he never, ever, ever took it off. Except that day he was shoveling a lot and it was blistering his finger so he took it off ... and never saw it again. He thought he put it in his jeans pocket, he did run to the hardware. It either fell out there or in the ditch he was digging. The walkway needs to be redone so we'll rent a metal detector and when the bricks get pulled up we'll see if anything beeps.

Good luck with your finds, hope you hit the jackpot!

Thanks! You can buy one on Amazon for under $100 and if you find the ring it paid for itself plus you can search around the rest of your property to find gas/water lines, property markers, maybe even another ring! On an episode of American Pickers, they found a vintage Indian motorcycle a lunatic buried in his back yard years ago so it couldn't be repossessed.
eusa_angel.gif

Forum List

Back