Yes, your Children are being Indoctrinated: 'Sharia Law is Delightful'/'Totally Awesome'

Ahlima is, of course, completely fictional. She is a character who appears to have sprung from the imagination of Sharon Coletti, the president of InspirEd Educators. Colleti — whose business website is a veritable cornucopia of comic sans font — said the completely fictitious character of Ahlima is based on someone she once saw being interviewed on a television news program.

Read more: Parents Angry After Middle Schoolers Learn Sharia Law Is TOTALLY AWESOME

I guess it slid by the readers and posters...
Al Qaeda used Bert and Ernie form Sesame Street in videos to teach kids to hate and kill others. Your point is....?
That evidently you don't like people being able to decide for themselves....

The OP is based on freedomhouse, a Christian sharia type of website.

It is broadcasting fake news. The main complaint, and it is legitimate, is that the lesson plan leaves out women's abuses by Sharia. And, again, most Christian Dominionist sects believe in female abuse.

Good grief....more nonsense

Deny, deny, deny. Look at the Quiverfull women - bred like cattle until their wombs give out.

It's their choice to do whatever or whoever you're referring to. Is it a forced religion? Is it being taught in schools?

You're just blabbering to blabber on Christians ya old hag

No, I'm opposed to cultists who abuse women in the name of religion. Christianity has just as many abusive sects as any other religion. It's not Christianity, any more than the Dominionists are adhereing to Jesus teachings. How do you read "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other You cannot serve God and wealth." and say that God wants you to be rich.

Jesus was also careful not to vilify those who weren't Jews. The tale of the Good Samaritan teaches that those who adhere to the spirit of His teachings are more honourable than those who claim to serve him but don't follow his teachings. Samaritans were enemies of the Jews and not highly thought of at the time.

The Christian Alt and Far Right do not believing in folks believing for themselves.

It is broadcasting fake news. The main complaint, and it is legitimate, is that the lesson plan leaves out women's abuses by Sharia. And, again, most Christian Dominionist sects believe in female abuse.

Deny, deny, deny. Look at the Quiverfull women - bred like cattle until their wombs give out.

It's their choice to do whatever or whoever you're referring to. Is it a forced religion? Is it being taught in schools?

No, I'm opposed to cultists who abuse women in the name of religion. Christianity has just as many abusive sects as any other religion. It's not Christianity, any more than the Dominionists are adhereing to Jesus teachings. How do you read "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other You cannot serve God and wealth." and say that God wants you to be rich.

Jesus was also careful not to vilify those who weren't Jews. The tale of the Good Samaritan teaches that those who adhere to the spirit of His teachings are more honourable than those who claim to serve him but don't follow his teachings. Samaritans were enemies of the Jews and not highly thought of at the time.

Are they holding these woman against their will? You're loony

It wasn't an attempt to indoctrinate, it was an exercise in decision making ..Something religious folks don't want...
An exercise in decision-making would / should include teaching kids how they need to hear all the details - both sides of the issue - and then making up their mind, not being fed one-sided bullshit / opinion and then be asked to decide.

If I describe to you the appealing characteristics of the candy I have in my hand, yet leave out the small little fact that it is poison, then offer it to you, have I done you a service or a disservice? Have I been completely honest with you in helping you to make that decision?

NO

The Alt Right and Far Right, such as Sassy, don't want children to develop decision making, critical objectivity, and avoiding confirmation bias.

They don't want children understanding just what is cognitive dissonance.

The Alt Right and Far Right, like Sassy, want children just to obey.

It wasn't an attempt to indoctrinate, it was an exercise in decision making ..Something religious folks don't want...
An exercise in decision-making would / should include teaching kids how they need to hear all the details - both sides of the issue - and then making up their mind, not being fed one-sided bullshit / opinion and then be asked to decide.

If I describe to you the appealing characteristics of the candy I have in my hand, yet leave out the small little fact that it is poison, then offer it to you, have I done you a service or a disservice? Have I been completely honest with you in helping you to make that decision?

NO
Since the article of the OP doesn't go into full detail, you can't assume that wasn't done...That is the problem with short, hit piece journalism..

Since the article of the OP doesn't go into full detail, you can't assume that wasn't done...That is the problem with short, hit piece journalism..
The article states the teacher did not go into the 'bad' things about Sharia Law:

"Parents say the assignment disregards the ultra-oppressive lack of freedom and the morass of human rights violations which exist in Saudi Arabia and under Sharia law in some Muslim countries.

“The way that the worksheet is left would be like describing how effective Hitler was at nationalizing Germany and creating patriotism but leaving out that he slaughtered 6 million Jews,” frustrated parent Dean Hohl declared at a recent New Albany-Floyd County school board meeting, according to The Courier-Journal."

FAIL!

The article states the teacher did not go into the 'bad' things about Sharia law.

The article stated what was on the paper, it didn't include anything that might have been said by the instructor prior to the assignment..

Coletti, the creator of the assignment, defended her work.

“If I can shape something so that kids have to decide for themselves, once I get them involved in the situation, they never forget it,” the former social studies teacher told The Courier-Journal.

Coletti, who describes herself as a practicing Christian, also said she hopes her materials help student to become “patriotic” and “problem-solvers.”

Read more: Parents Angry After Middle Schoolers Learn Sharia Law Is TOTALLY AWESOME

The Christian Alt and Far Right do not believing in folks believing for themselves.

And Heaven Forbid that their special snowflakes go to a real school and learn ANYTHING that conflicts with their particular version of Christianity, or actually meet someone who isn't a white Christian, or be exposed to ideas that the parents disagree with.

This is why the US is ranked so low in education. The more conservatives do to give parents "choices", the more the education system falls behind the rest of the world.

I wanted my children to learn to think for themselves. To never take ANYONE's word for something - fact check, read, look for the truth. This is especially true of government and corporations.

No, I'm opposed to cultists who abuse women ......e

But ok with a Canadian government that ignores the abduction and murder of thousands of native women?

The Alt Right and Far Right, such as Sassy, don't want children to develop decision making, critical objectivity, and avoiding confirmation bias.

They don't want children understanding just what is cognitive dissonance.

The Alt Right and Far Right, like Sassy, want children just to obey.

Yeah, but Sassy is a special kind of loon..

Parents Angry After Middle Schoolers Learn Sharia Law Is TOTALLY AWESOME

"A group of parents in Southern Indiana has expressed alarm because their children in the local taxpayer-funded middle school are learning that Sharia law is a delightful concept beloved by women forced to live under its yoke."

"Parents say the assignment disregards the ultra-oppressive lack of freedom and the morass of human rights violations which exist in Saudi Arabia and under Sharia law in some Muslim countries.

“The way that the worksheet is left would be like describing how effective Hitler was at nationalizing Germany and creating patriotism but leaving out that he slaughtered 6 million Jews,” frustrated parent Dean Hohl declared at a recent New Albany-Floyd County school board meeting, according to The Courier-Journal."

"Coletti, the creator of the assignment, defended her work. “If I can shape something so that kids have to decide for themselves, once I get them involved in the situation, they never forget it,” the former social studies teacher told The Courier-Journal."

The problem is the assignment is based n a fictional person who describes how awesome Sharia Law is and how delightful life is under Sharia Law without teaching the REALITY of Sharia Law and life under Sharia Law. Coletti is not giving a REAL view of Sharia Law to the children from which they can honestly decide for themselves. They are being sold a one-sided view....being 'indoctrinated'.

"Coletti said she will retire the assignment and related material going forward because she doesn’t want to court bad press."

Post a link of the district's curriculum-it should be readily available online.

If you can't then your "source" in your link is full of shit and people are just dumb enough to believe it.

Forum List

Back