Yes, You Did!

Take Kath off that list and I'll concede the other two....

well the vocals ones are the ones who get the most attention, from both sides.

Speaking only for myself I didn't fear Bush and still don't. I didn't fear McCain either.

IF those on this board really believe the things in bold, then they are ignorant and deserve nothing but scorn IMO.

irrational and unproven. Yet they don't acknowledge that Bush policies really were bad for the country... makes perfect sense to me :cuckoo:

and in 8 years if their fears are proven true so be it. Obama hasn't even been sworn into office and they are already proclaiming he's ruined the country. It's beyond ridiculous.

That would be ideal. But when one side has had control for at least 8 years and they shove us into the shitter and then turn a blind eye to the reality of what has happened it's hard to just turn the other cheek.

Private citizens don't really have much effect on policy so if we never get along so be it. What I care about is the government putting aside their petty differences and working together. I don't want to see another President hounded and hunted by the right just because they're pissed they lost.

But it's like 3% of the country saying this, it just seems like more because they are so vocal here.

There are a lot of celebrations around the world about this election. (Remember 2004?) It's amazing. i think it's probably better to let the few vocal scared electorate get it out of their system.

Hell, even Sarah Palin is congratulating the guy who palled around with terrorists, so she can't be too scared for the future.

Obama hasn't even been sworn into office and they are already proclaiming he's ruined the country. It's beyond ridiculous.

It is beyond ridiculous.

And by the same token, many are already proclaiming that he'll save the world. Someone on another thread (or maybe this one) likened it to Princess Diana, which I thought was an interesting parallel. He's done very little so far. We'll all know a lot more by the end of Q1 09.

uh, no lying to go to war(you have to KNOW you are wrong before it becomes a lie), and as far as talking stupid, i have seen a few clips of Obama doing MUCH worse

Well by all means let's impeach him then!

You know the same thing keeps happening to all of us.

There clearly are resonable voices coming at the issues on multiple sides of the issue, but the demented nastiness of partistans on one side or the other taints our perspectives.

And, what with us all being human, we sometimes blast the whole community of leaning one way or the other for the childish nastiness which is still resonating in our heads.

There's at least four or five people here who contribute nothing but toxic spew to the conversations.

Seriously they have never said a single thing that was worthy of the ascii they spent on it.

Ironically, I doubt these toxics wastes actually know what a disservice they are doing to their respective "sides".

Last edited:
I agree, editec.

But I'll say that even having supported Obama, I am a little nervous about what the future holds - I don't think my nervousness is justified though. I think it is a psychological response to such a big shift.

If McCain had been elected it wouldn't be nervouseness, it would have been dread and depression.

And given those two options, it's easy to see how people on either side would have strong words post-election in any case.

You know the same thing keeps happening to all of us.

There clearly are resonable voices coming at the issues on multiple sides of the issue, but the demented nastiness of partistans on one side or the other taints our perspectives.

And, what with us all being human, we sometimes blast the whole community of leaning one way or the other for the childish nastiness which is still resonating in our heads.

There's at least four or five people here who contribute nothing but toxic spew to the conversations.

Seriously they have never said a single thing that was worthy of the ascii they spent on it.

Ironically, I doubt these toxics wastes actually know what a disservice they are doing to their respective "sides".

This board is a microcosm of American politics.

Most people have no interest in talking or even thinking about issues relavent to what ails us .. partisanship prevails .. while at the same time BOTH parties are controlled by the exact same interests.

The American president nor the Congress control this country.

Most people have no interest in talking or even thinking about issues relavent to what ails us .. partisanship prevails .. while at the same time BOTH parties are controlled by the exact same interests.

And that's a great pity since message boards allow an opportunity which is absent in face to face interaction - the ability to step back, think about a comment and, if appropriate, disagree in a reasoned and articulate manner.

Many people use this opportunity not as a breathing space to fashion a reasoned response, but as an opportunity to google more guff that supports their position and hone their barbed words to a razor point.

Do we take our lead from the way politicians behave, or is it the other way around?

And that's a great pity since message boards allow an opportunity which is absent in face to face interaction - the ability to step back, think about a comment and, if appropriate, disagree in a reasoned and articulate manner.

Many people use this opportunity not as a breathing space to fashion a reasoned response, but as an opportunity to google more guff that supports their position and hone their barbed words to a razor point.

Do we take our lead from the way politicians behave, or is it the other way around?

The internet is the last real freedom of expression left for Americans. The Fourth Estate has been bought and sold to the puppetmasters.

Americans like to lay all blame and responsibility for our overnment on the laps of politicians because we have no understanding of the fundamental responsibilities of democracy. We have no understanding of the Declaration of Independence.

We have become subjects to the Crown, not the citizens envisioned by the Founders.

The internet is the last real freedom of expression left for Americans. The Fourth Estate has been bought and sold to the puppetmasters.

Americans like to lay all blame and responsibility for our overnment on the laps of politicians because we have no understanding of the fundamental responsibilities of democracy. We have no understanding of the Declaration of Independence.

We have become subjects to the Crown, not the citizens envisioned by the Founders.

I agree. In spite of some saying I've been overly harsh to their side or am schitzoid in posting 'respect the office, if not the person holding it,' I really envision more give and take. Common ground should not be that hard to find, we're all living in the same country and have many if not most of the same interests.

Rather than libs against cons, it should be 'we the people' keeping those guys in Washington, our state capitals, and our local politicians in line.

There are many here more liberal than I, certainly you. Yet I don't think either of us have ever gotten personal about our beliefs, other than sharing ideas. That to me is how to keep the body politic sane, respectful, and evolving.

I agree. In spite of some saying I've been overly harsh to their side or am schitzoid in posting 'respect the office, if not the person holding it,' I really envision more give and take. Common ground should not be that hard to find, we're all living in the same country and have many if not most of the same interests.

Rather than libs against cons, it should be 'we the people' keeping those guys in Washington, our state capitals, and our local politicians in line.

There are many here more liberal than I, certainly you. Yet I don't think either of us have ever gotten personal about our beliefs, other than sharing ideas. That to me is how to keep the body politic sane, respectful, and evolving.

Quite correct my sister and it was entertaining reading you defending your remarks .. I wanted to jump in .. but you didn't need me .. did just fine by yourself.

Truth is, this is one of the more sane and intellectual boards on the net in my opinon .. we should put it to better use than it being just a place to vent.

Quite correct my sister and it was entertaining reading you defending your remarks .. I wanted to jump in .. but you didn't need me .. did just fine by yourself.

Truth is, this is one of the more sane and intellectual boards on the net in my opinon .. we should put it to better use than it being just a place to vent.

Thank you, I'd feel the same. I've never seen either of having a problem with offense or defense, whichever is needed. ;) To a certain degree you threaten those who see you as liberal, I understand why. I often have the same roll on the right, you should see the one board I'm on, some would like to tar and feather me.

Here, well I've only been back awhile now, the extreme boards were getting to me. On the right, ijits. On the left, well we know how I played that. :lol:

Forum List

Back