Yes- we proof read bills or Signed Spending bill has provision to lock up passengers

Neotrotsky

Council to Supreme Soviet
Dec 12, 2009
People's Republic
Yes- we proof read bills or Signed Spending bill has provision to lock up passengers on Amtrack

In pursuit of the greater good for all people, Papa Obama signed the rushed through spending bill. However the bill had an error in it :

The Bad News:

There is a lot of concern about bills being pushed through Congress too quickly with not enough time for members to read what's actually in the bill. One particular part of the massive spending bill that President Obama signed into law late Wednesday could have used a proof-reader.

It included a provision that requires passengers who carry firearms aboard Amtrak trains to be locked in boxes during their journey; passengers, not the guns.

The good news:
is that Amtrak has six months to implement the new policy :razz:
Congress should have time to fix this mistake by then

Yes comrades,

as the Senate tries to "rush" through PapaObama Care, "Many ask what is the rush"

Last edited:
Are you in favor of Amtrak (a government owned enterprise) taking guns away from their owners?

Because if they took the guns and locked them up...I'd expect you to bitch.

Are you in favor of Amtrak (a government owned enterprise) taking guns away from their owners?

Not at all,

The point was about the mistakes made when you rush through bills

Of course I have taken that train and at some points guns could be useful :razz:

*A Representative from the 'great but bankrupt' state of California rises to her feet*

Excuse me, are we bitching about locking up passengers or the guns?

*A Representative from the 'great but bankrupt' state of California rises to her feet*

The mistake
the bill is to lock up guns not people -it was made by rushing through the bill

Of course, maybe Papa Obama and the Congress do want to lock the passengers instead of the guns

tough call :doubt:

Last edited:

I'm just saying that Amtrak (the government) taking an individual's gun and locking it up, is in essense the government taking an individual's gun (violation of the 2nd Amendment).

An alternative would be that they get to keep their gun, but that they themselves are locked up. However, some might say that this is false imprisonment.

I'm just saying that Amtrak (the government) taking an individual's gun and locking it up, is in essense the government taking an individual's gun (violation of the 2nd Amendment).

An alternative would be that they get to keep their gun, but that they themselves are locked up. However, some might say that this is false imprisonment.

It is no different when you fly with a legal weapon
If they return then there is no "foul"

I think this bill should stand as is. Some passengers need to be put in a lockbox (carefully folded, of course).

Forum List

Back