Yes We Can became No We Can't

You know life is bad in the political world when Honey Boo Boo can kick your ass in ratings. Like she did with Clinton and Romney.

We get it. We're conservatives going, omg, honey boo boo kicked our ass.

Libs go, honey boo boo kicked Clinton's ass and I bet honey boo boo's grandmother voted for Bush.

Libs also go, don't put Obama up against Honey boo boo. :lmao:

Couldn't change Washington from the inside

"Yes we can" was always a statement about the importance and possibilities of grassroots organizing. That progress isn't about one man but about millions of voices demanding to be heard was a theme of Obama's '08 campaign.

Throughout that campaign his words, usually derided on the right (e.g. "We're the ones we've been waiting for"), were about empowerment of individuals and the masses though engagement in the political process, not some Great Man theory of history. That's the same theme he's sounding now. See his convention speech last month:

So you see, the election four years ago wasn't about me. It was about you. (Cheers, applause.) My fellow citizens — you were the change. (Cheers, applause.)

You're the reason there's a little girl with a heart disorder in Phoenix who'll get the surgery she needs because an insurance company can't limit her coverage. You did that. (Cheers, applause.)

You're the reason a young man in Colorado who never thought he'd be able to afford his dream of earning a medical degree is about to get that chance. You made that possible. (Cheers, applause.)

You're the reason a young immigrant who grew up here and went to school here and pledged allegiance to our flag will no longer be deported from the only country she's ever called home — (cheers, applause) — why selfless soldiers won't be kicked out of the military because of who they are or who they love, why thousands of families have finally been able to say to the loved ones who served us so bravely, welcome home. (Cheers, applause.) Welcome home. You did that. You did that. (Cheers, applause.) You did that.

If you turn away now — if you turn away now, if you buy into the cynicism that the change we fought for isn't possible, well, change will not happen. If you give up on the idea that your voice can make a difference, then other voices will fill the void, the lobbyists and special interests, the people with the $10 million checks who are trying to buy this election and those who are trying to make it harder for you to vote, Washington politicians who want to decide who you can marry or control health care choices that women should be making for themselves. (Cheers, applause.) Only you can make sure that doesn't happen. Only you have the power to move us forward.

It's interesting that his consistency befuddles folks.

• Banned

"Yes we can" was always a statement about the importance and possibilities of grassroots organizing. That progress isn't about one man but about millions of voices demanding to be heard was a theme of Obama's '08 campaign.

Throughout that campaign his words, usually derided on the right (e.g. "We're the ones we've been waiting for"), were about empowerment of individuals and the masses though engagement in the political process, not some Great Man theory of history. That's the same theme he's sounding now. See his convention speech last month:

So you see, the election four years ago wasn't about me. It was about you. (Cheers, applause.) My fellow citizens — you were the change. (Cheers, applause.)

You're the reason there's a little girl with a heart disorder in Phoenix who'll get the surgery she needs because an insurance company can't limit her coverage. You did that. (Cheers, applause.)

You're the reason a young man in Colorado who never thought he'd be able to afford his dream of earning a medical degree is about to get that chance. You made that possible. (Cheers, applause.)

You're the reason a young immigrant who grew up here and went to school here and pledged allegiance to our flag will no longer be deported from the only country she's ever called home — (cheers, applause) — why selfless soldiers won't be kicked out of the military because of who they are or who they love, why thousands of families have finally been able to say to the loved ones who served us so bravely, welcome home. (Cheers, applause.) Welcome home. You did that. You did that. (Cheers, applause.) You did that.

If you turn away now — if you turn away now, if you buy into the cynicism that the change we fought for isn't possible, well, change will not happen. If you give up on the idea that your voice can make a difference, then other voices will fill the void, the lobbyists and special interests, the people with the $10 million checks who are trying to buy this election and those who are trying to make it harder for you to vote, Washington politicians who want to decide who you can marry or control health care choices that women should be making for themselves. (Cheers, applause.) Only you can make sure that doesn't happen. Only you have the power to move us forward.

What a bunch of nonsense. If being in poverty is being empowered then I guess Obama succeeded. The man has empowered no one but illegals and some of our mortal enemies. He made you think electing him gave you power. That makes him pretty clever and you pretty dumb.

No, his lies befuddle people.

What a bunch of nonsense. If being in poverty is being empowered then I guess Obama succeeded. The man has empowered no one but illegals and some of our mortal enemies. He made you think electing him gave you power. That makes him pretty clever and you pretty dumb.

I'm trying to help you because you seem incapable of understanding what he's saying (and been saying for five or six years). He has a very particular theory of politics and political change, and he has a very particular message that he brings to the public that's rooted in that conception of change. And he's been consistent in his presentation of those views and that message.

You don't have to agree with it but you also don't need to be confused by it. I fear Romney is giving his supporters a false sense than no politician believes things or has a coherent message to present to voters simply because Mitt doesn't.

I'm trying to help you because you seem incapable of understanding what he's saying (and been saying for five or six years). He has a very particular theory of politics and political change, and he has a very particular message that he brings to the public that's rooted in that conception of change. And he's been consistent in his presentation of those views and that message.

You don't have to agree with it but you also don't need to be confused by it. I fear Romney is giving his supporters a false sense than no politician believes things or has a coherent message to present to voters simply because Mitt doesn't.

I don't care what Obama believes. His actions speak for themselves. And your attempt to turn this into a Romney discussion is a failure. This thread is about Obama's words and all his excuses

This was probably the dumbest thing Obama has ever said, and that's saying a lot.

Obama said:
So as you're making your decision going into this week, what I want you to focus on is who can actually deliver on change because I believe that change will not happen unless we change how politics is done in Washington.

Obama - Change Washington Politics - YouTube

"Elect me 'cuz I can deliver change!"
"Well, I'm here now, but I can't really make any changes now as that has to come from the outside. Sorry 'bout that folks!"

Last edited:

When has Obama, hell noone knew a thing about Obama or his policies during the 08 campaign. All we were told was he was a senator and gave a good speech at the 04 DNC.....even Charlie Rose and Tom Brokaw said noone knows anything about him.....and he changes...er evolves....

Forum List

Back