Yes to military gays, no to Christmas?

I served with gays. No problem with them. Hell, my cousin's gay! He and his boyfriend (owns a furniture store) have hooked me up with some fantastic antiques over the years.

I don't think most Americans have any problems with someone being gay or lesbian.. it's when the GLT community come and FORCIBLY through laws or statues, MAKE people accept their CHOICES. Do whatever the fuck you want to do but don't come fucking telling me I have to endorse it.

Lastly, there is ZERO proof of a gay gene. There's not a comma at the end of that sentence.

Name such a law.

The scientific proof has been provided. Numerous tests and studies that all came to the same conclusion...that sexual orientation isn't a choice. Why are these facts so inconvenient to...

Just some general thoughts on the question. Usually it is a desire to not have to deal with the source of a personal bias.

First, incorrectly define what homosexuality is. In this case defining homosexuality as an act and then stating that actions are a choice. Homosexuality is a sexual orientation, an attraction toward members of the same sex, which is very different from an act. A sixteen year old boy can be clearly attracted to girls, yet never have committed a sexual act with a girl. The boy is heterosexual, yet never performed the act. The act is intercourse (i.e. penial/vaginal male/female sex for heterosexuals) or sodomy (oral/anal sex for homosexuals or heterosexuals). By incorrectly defining homosexuality (and through logical extension heterosexuality) as a "choice" it allows for evasion of admittance that there may be a biological component to in individuals sexual orientation.

Secondly, by focusing on the act (i.e. same gender sodomy) as opposed to sexual orientation as a separate condition, it provides for completely ignoring and/or admitting that there may be a biological component to sexual orientation. I propose the use of "biological component" on purpose because is recognizes that over a period of time, not only does "biological" include genetics, it includes the fact that individuals are exposed to various hormones and chemicals at different developmental points which impact development after genetic code is defined at conception. Sexual orientation then can be influenced by both genetic coding at conception, in uterine hormonal exposure, post birth hormonal development and/or chemical exposure. The result is that when confronted with "biological evidence" to retreat to a "show me the gene" mantra when development from conception to puberty includes not only genetics but other factors.

The first and second points are all used to deny, deny, deny that there may be a biological condition that contributes to homosexuality. If the individual were to recognize that sexual orientation has a biological foundation - one that places homosexuality into a biological realm - places it on the same biological level as race or gender and outside the realm of pure "choice".

It's easy to justify denying equal treatment under the law for a person "choices", it is much more difficult to justify denying equal under the law for a biological condition which causes no harm to others but which you find objectionable on a moral or religious basis.

>>>>

Last edited:
How about the ones that send kids down to the Principal's office if they say something that is politically incorrect.

‘That’s so gay’ prompts student lawsuit - US news - Life - msnbc.com

That is neither a law nor a statute and the school's policy does not FORCE anyone to "accept" (see dictionary definition of) gays and lesbians. The kids pulling the Mormon bullshit should have been sent to the Principal's office. All the kids should have gotten a talking to.

NO, none of the kids should have gotten a talking to. This is the problem with political correctness in general. "Ve are going to make you Tolerant!!!!! Or Ve Vill Send you to Tolerance Camp!"

death_camp_tolerance_south_park.jpg

Enough with this bullshit.

I find it amusing that after stealing the word "Gay" to describe themselves, Homosexuals are now horribly upset that the kids are stealing it back to mean "stupid" or "lame". Well, we just won't have that!

Stealing the word "gay".....:lol::lol::lol:

Stealing the word "gay".....:lol::lol::lol:

Well, words mean things.

Gay used to mean "happy" or "Cheerful".

MV5BMjAwNTAzOTgyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODQ4NTAyMQ@@._V1._SX350_SY475_.jpg

now it means "Homosexual" because people don't like that term. (Even though, clinically, it is far more accurate.)

And how are you complaining about other words that have changed their meanings over time?

Damn that evolving language!!!!

Not complaining, just pointing it out.

Gay used to mean happy. (Before that, it meant "promiscuous")

Now it means Homosexual.

Except in modern slang, it means Lame. Except if you get caught using it that way, you get a trip to the principal's office for a talking to. Or maybe a PSA from Wanda Sykes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS0GVOQPs0]That's So Gay - Wanda Sykes - YouTube[/ame]

I don't believe one is born straght or gay. But one may be predisposed to deviant behavior.

So you dont know a damn thing about science either.

strongly evident............

Well show me proof or are you all talk?

What makes people gay? Biologists may never get a complete answer to that question, but researchers in Sweden have found one more sign that the answer lies in the structure of the brain.

Scientists at the Karolinska Institute studied brain scans of 90 gay and straight men and women, and found that the size of the two symmetrical halves of the brains of gay men more closely resembled those of straight women than they did straight men. In heterosexual women, the two halves of the brain are more or less the same size. In heterosexual men, the right hemisphere is slightly larger. Scans of the brains of gay men in the study, however, showed that their hemispheres were relatively symmetrical, like those of straight women, while the brains of homosexual women were asymmetrical like those of straight men. The number of nerves connecting the two sides of the brains of gay men were also more like the number in heterosexual women than in straight men.

Just what these brain differences mean is still not clear. Ever since 1991, when Simon LeVay first documented differences in the hypothalamus of gay and straight men, researchers have been struggling to understand what causes these differences to occur. Until now, the brain regions that scientists have come to believe play a role in sexual orientation have been related to either reproduction or sexuality. The Swedish study, however, is the first to find differences in parts of the brain not normally involved in reproduction — the denser network of nerve connections, for example, was found in the amygdala, known as the emotional center of the brain. "The big question has always been, if the brains of gay men are different, or feminized, as earlier research suggests," says Dr. Eric Vilain, professor of human genetics at University of California Los Angeles, "then is it just limited to sexual preference or are there other regions that are gender atypical in gay males? For the first time, in this study it looks like there are regions of the brain not directly involved in sexuality that seem to be feminized in gay males."

Read more: What the Gay Brain Looks Like - TIME

Maybe this Time article can define it a little better for you. It's not "mood swings" as Lady Gunslinger has tried to say it was from the brain scans, but rather the ACTUAL STRUCTURE OF THE BRAIN.

As in, the shape, size and way the left and right hemispheres are oriented with each other.

Like I said, the only way you could "cure" a gay person is via brain surgery.

NO, none of the kids should have gotten a talking to. This is the problem with political correctness in general. "Ve are going to make you Tolerant!!!!! Or Ve Vill Send you to Tolerance Camp!"

Yes, they should. Teasing is not appropriate school behavior. It isn't okay to make fun of the Mormon or the gay kid.

Imagine for a second that anything that was considered "lame" or "stupid" got the phrase "that's so Jew". Do you really think that would be okay to use around the water cooler?

You might think it's "bullshit", but kids are killing themselves over this "bullshit".

I find it amusing that after stealing the word "Gay" to describe themselves, Homosexuals are now horribly upset that the kids are stealing it back to mean "stupid" or "lame". Well, we just won't have that!

I'll have to echo Bod..."stolen"? :lol:

What other words can we "steal" back? Gosh, maybe "niggardly" needs to find it's way back into common vernacular next, eh?

I served with gays. No problem with them. Hell, my cousin's gay! He and his boyfriend (owns a furniture store) have hooked me up with some fantastic antiques over the years.

I don't think most Americans have any problems with someone being gay or lesbian.. it's when the GLT community come and FORCIBLY through laws or statues, MAKE people accept their CHOICES. Do whatever the fuck you want to do but don't come fucking telling me I have to endorse it.

Lastly, there is ZERO proof of a gay gene. There's not a comma at the end of that sentence.

So when something is accomplished legislatively in this country that happens to be to the benefit of the gay community,

that's what you call 'forcibly'? Just what kind of government do you want, if you reject the system where elected representatives vote on and pass laws?

I don't believe one is born straght or gay. But one may be predisposed to deviant behavior.

That 5 or 10 percent, or whatever percent, of the human population might in fact be homosexual, for any reason,

may simply be a natural condition of the species. Unless you can demonstrate that that minority existing within the species causes an unacceptable detriment to the species as a whole,

then you have no justification to do anything other than give that minority equal rights, status, and privilege no different or less than the heterosexual majority.

Yes, they should. Teasing is not appropriate school behavior. It isn't okay to make fun of the Mormon or the gay kid.

Imagine for a second that anything that was considered "lame" or "stupid" got the phrase "that's so Jew". Do you really think that would be okay to use around the water cooler?

I think what goes on in workplaces under the guise of "tolerance" went beyond ludicrous a long time ago.

You might think it's "bullshit", but kids are killing themselves over this "bullshit".

Well, good thing we are getting them out of the gene pool, then. Seriously. Killing yourself over getting teased? honestly? We need to make our kids out of tougher stuff.

I'll have to echo Bod..."stolen"? :lol:

What other words can we "steal" back? Gosh, maybe "niggardly" needs to find it's way back into common vernacular next, eh?

Maybe, since the two words are nothing to do with each other, they just kind of sound similar.

Oddly, I work with a Chinese girl, and they have a word that sounds a lot like the "N-word", which is just the english equivlent of "errrr" or "ummmm". So it's kind of odd listening to her use that word talking to her Chinese contacts in the morning. But I digress...

to the point, though, I think that using "gay" to describe homosexuals is probaly one of the biggest abuses of language, ever.

Forum List

Back