Yes to military gays, no to Christmas?

Has anyone else seen Perry's latest ad? It seems that he thinks that there is a war against Christians because we can have gays in the military?

Rick Perry Anti-Gay Ad - "Strong" - COMMENTS ALLOWED, PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS - YouTube

Sounds like a last gasp for Perry's campaign.

Pretty much.... He's done after Iowa. It's sad, really.

His point is foolish. First, the notion that we should drive religious celebration out of the schools didn't start with Obama.

Second, that has nothing to do with gays in the military, which is something that has really been allowed for 16 years, just not openly.

It's kind of too bad, because the guy is an accomplished governor and in my opinion, would have made a good president. He's already shown himself to be an able administrator. More than Obama has.

But he's like the guy with a good resume who fucks up the interview.

Ricky is pulling out the old, tired play book of days gone by. When the chips are down, its back to the three "Gs"...god, guns and the gheys.

Just makes him look really desperate.

The three G strategy usually works in the general election, but it's kind of pointless in the primaries where everyone kind of agrees with you on the point.

Where Perry failed is in showing that he could go toe to toe with Obama when he couldn't go toe to toe with Ron Paul. It isn't fair, but his campaign was over when he couldn't remember the name of the third agency he'd eliminate.

Where's the proof? If there is some kind of a gay gene, there has to be a bio marker of some kind??? Where is it?

By insisting that sexual orientation is a choice, aren't you admitting that you were attracted to both men and women, but "chose" only one? Did you ever consider the possibility that you are bisexual?

See, I never made a choice to be attracted to women...it is just how I always felt, from my earliest possible memories. When the other girls had crushes on boys, I had crushes on them.

Now, as to the science...there's plenty of that out there too. In fact, an overwhelming majority of scientists agree that, while they don't know the exact "cause" of sexual orientation, they do agree that it is NOT a "choice" someone makes.

A linkage between DNA markers on the X chromosome and male sexual orientation

The Real Story on Gay Genes

Scent study suggests difference in brains of gay, straight men

Gay Twin Study

What Makes People Gay

Ask a Geneticist

Ricky is pulling out the old, tired play book of days gone by. When the chips are down, its back to the three "Gs"...god, guns and the gheys.

Just makes him look really desperate.

The three G strategy usually works in the general election, but it's kind of pointless in the primaries where everyone kind of agrees with you on the point.

Where Perry failed is in showing that he could go toe to toe with Obama when he couldn't go toe to toe with Ron Paul. It isn't fair, but his campaign was over when he couldn't remember the name of the third agency he'd eliminate.

Perry is clearly trying to court the right wing religious voters of Iowa...in a Primary. The voters are all over the map during this Primary season and Perry is trying to carve out his little piece of the crazy religious pie that leans towards Bachmann or frothy Santorum.

I served with gays. No problem with them. Hell, my cousin's gay! He and his boyfriend (owns a furniture store) have hooked me up with some fantastic antiques over the years.

I served with gays. No problem with them. Hell, my cousin's gay! He and his boyfriend (owns a furniture store) have hooked me up with some fantastic antiques over the years.

I don't think most Americans have any problems with someone being gay or lesbian.. it's when the GLT community come and FORCIBLY through laws or statues, MAKE people accept their CHOICES. Do whatever the fuck you want to do but don't come fucking telling me I have to endorse it.

Lastly, there is ZERO proof of a gay gene. There's not a comma at the end of that sentence.

When did you choose to be straight? I'm curious. One day did you just start finding men to be attractive, or did you just decide that you liked men?

Also do you not expect everyone to accept your lifestyle of being straight?

And for the record I am straight, and I didn't choose it, one day I just started to become attracted to women.

Where's the proof? If there is some kind of a gay gene, there has to be a bio marker of some kind??? Where is it?

It's not so much a "gay gene" as it is the way that our brains develop in the womb. Sexual identity is pretty much determined at birth.

Here's your proof.......

Brain scans have provided the most compelling evidence yet that being gay or straight is a biologically fixed trait.

The scans reveal that in gay people, key structures of the brain governing emotion, mood, anxiety and aggressiveness resemble those in straight people of the opposite sex.

The differences are likely to have been forged in the womb or in early infancy, says Ivanka Savic, who conducted the study at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden.

"This is the most robust measure so far of cerebral differences between homosexual and heterosexual subjects," she says.

Gay brains structured like those of the opposite sex - life - 16 June 2008 - New Scientist

Interestingly enough, we weren't able to verify this until after we'd developed brain scanning machines.

But then again.......the Catholic Church rallied against science in the form of Galileo and Copernicus who'd proved scientifically that the earth revolves around the sun.

But.........if you'd rather cling to your outdated bullshit theory that sexuality is a choice, go ahead, science has proven you wrong.

Yes I see the accuracy of science and how it can never be put to question.

Relative dating is where scientists date the surrounding rock layers above and below the fossil and use the Law of Superposition to to determine the fossil’s age relative to the surrounding layers which have been dated (assuming that the layers have not moved).
http://geology.fullerton.edu/whenderson/f2007201/humanorigin/sites.html

William "Strata" Smith, a civil engineer and surveyor, was well acquainted with areas in southern England where "limestone and shales are layered like slices of bread and butter." His hobby of collecting and cataloging fossil shells from these rocks led to the discovery that certain layers contained fossils unlike those in other layers. Using these key or index fossils as markers, Smith could identify a particular layer of rock wherever it was exposed. Because fossils actually record the slow but progressive development of life, scientists use them to identify rocks of the same age throughout the world.
Evolution -- Dating Methods

Last edited:

It's not so much a "gay gene" as it is the way that our brains develop in the womb. Sexual identity is pretty much determined at birth.

Here's your proof.......

Gay brains structured like those of the opposite sex - life - 16 June 2008 - New Scientist

Interestingly enough, we weren't able to verify this until after we'd developed brain scanning machines.

But then again.......the Catholic Church rallied against science in the form of Galileo and Copernicus who'd proved scientifically that the earth revolves around the sun.

But.........if you'd rather cling to your outdated bullshit theory that sexuality is a choice, go ahead, science has proven you wrong.

Yes I see the accuracy of science and how it can never be put to question.

Relative dating is where scientists date the surrounding rock layers above and below the fossil and use the Law of Superposition to determine the fossil’s age relative to the surrounding layers which have been dated (assuming that the layers have not moved).
Human Origins - By: Kevin Dickinson

William "Strata" Smith, a civil engineer and surveyor, was well acquainted with areas in southern England where "limestone and shales are layered like slices of bread and butter." His hobby of collecting and cataloging fossil shells from these rocks led to the discovery that certain layers contained fossils unlike those in other layers. Using these key or index fossils as markers, Smith could identify a particular layer of rock wherever it was exposed. Because fossils actually record the slow but progressive development of life, scientists use them to identify rocks of the same age throughout the world.
Evolution -- Dating Methods

These same Leftists DEMAND rock solid scientific proof of God but will poopoo the issue, makes excuses when it comes to their own ideology. Just have the intellectual integrity to state YOU BELIEVE it to be true.. end of story.
(Not you personally)

I don't think most Americans have any problems with someone being gay or lesbian.. it's when the GLT community come and FORCIBLY through laws or statues, MAKE people accept their CHOICES. Do whatever the fuck you want to do but don't come fucking telling me I have to endorse it.

Lastly, there is ZERO proof of a gay gene. There's not a comma at the end of that sentence.

Nobody says you have to "endorse" someone being gay or lesbian. What laws or statutes (statues are a different thing entirely) require anyone to accept gays and lesbians?

Having not found a "gene" that determines sexual orientation does not equate to sexual orientation being a choice. You'd know that if you had read any of the links I provided, especially this one.

Ask a Geneticist

When did you choose your sexual orientation. Did you find yourself more attracted to men than women and that's why you "chose" them? What kind of women are you attracted to?

Nobody says you have to "endorse" someone being gay or lesbian. What laws or statutes (statues are a different thing entirely) require anyone to accept gays and lesbians?

Having not found a "gene" that determines sexual orientation does not equate to sexual orientation being a choice. You'd know that if you had read any of the links I provided, especially this one.

Ask a Geneticist

When did you choose your sexual orientation. Did you find yourself more attracted to men than women and that's why you "chose" them? What kind of women are you attracted to?

The day you show me the scientific proof is the day I will agree with your opinion. Otherwise, do whatever the hell you want. I honestly don't care..

?

How about the ones that send kids down to the Principal's office if they say something that is politically incorrect.

‘That’s so gay’ prompts student lawsuit - US news - Life - msnbc.com

When a few classmates razzed Rebekah Rice about her Mormon upbringing with questions such as, "Do you have 10 moms?" she shot back: "That's so gay."

Those three words landed the high school freshman in the principal's office and resulted in a lawsuit that raises this question: When do playground insults used every day all over America cross the line into hate speech that must be stamped out?

After Rice got a warning and a notation in her file, her parents sued, claiming officials at Santa Rosa's Maria Carillo High violated their daughter's First Amendment rights when they disciplined her for uttering a phrase "which enjoys widespread currency in youth culture," according to court documents.

Testifying last week about the 2002 incident, Rice, now 18, said that when she uttered those words, she was not referring to anyone's sexual orientation. She said the phrase meant: "That's so stupid, that's so silly, that's so dumb."

?

How about the ones that send kids down to the Principal's office if they say something that is politically incorrect.

When a few classmates razzed Rebekah Rice about her Mormon upbringing with questions such as, "Do you have 10 moms?" she shot back: "That's so gay."

Those three words landed the high school freshman in the principal's office and resulted in a lawsuit that raises this question: When do playground insults used every day all over America cross the line into hate speech that must be stamped out?

After Rice got a warning and a notation in her file, her parents sued, claiming officials at Santa Rosa's Maria Carillo High violated their daughter's First Amendment rights when they disciplined her for uttering a phrase "which enjoys widespread currency in youth culture," according to court documents.

Testifying last week about the 2002 incident, Rice, now 18, said that when she uttered those words, she was not referring to anyone's sexual orientation. She said the phrase meant: "That's so stupid, that's so silly, that's so dumb."

That is neither a law nor a statute and the school's policy does not FORCE anyone to "accept" (see dictionary definition of) gays and lesbians. The kids pulling the Mormon bullshit should have been sent to the Principal's office. All the kids should have gotten a talking to.

Ask a Geneticist

The day you show me the scientific proof is the day I will agree with your opinion. Otherwise, do whatever the hell you want. I honestly don't care..

The scientific proof has been provided. Numerous tests and studies that all came to the same conclusion...that sexual orientation isn't a choice. Why are these facts so inconvenient to you?

Do you like butch or femme women? Blonds or brunettes?

Ask a Geneticist

I personally don't care, so long as you don't press any views, one way or the other, under the excuse of being "political correct" onto a group of elemenatary school kids. They are kids, let them grow up and decide for themselves when they are old enough to formulate an opinion without interference from those who wish to indoctrinate children with THEIR "acceptable" world view.

Last edited:
?

That is neither a law nor a statute and the school's policy does not FORCE anyone to "accept" (see dictionary definition of) gays and lesbians. The kids pulling the Mormon bullshit should have been sent to the Principal's office. All the kids should have gotten a talking to.

NO, none of the kids should have gotten a talking to. This is the problem with political correctness in general. "Ve are going to make you Tolerant!!!!! Or Ve Vill Send you to Tolerance Camp!"

death_camp_tolerance_south_park.jpg

Enough with this bullshit.

I find it amusing that after stealing the word "Gay" to describe themselves, Homosexuals are now horribly upset that the kids are stealing it back to mean "stupid" or "lame". Well, we just won't have that!

Forum List

Back