Yes, the world is safer...

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
...If you actually believe anything the Bush administration says. As it turns out, Iraqi militants and extremists are exporting their particular brand of violence to neighboring countries, like Jordan, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia and even to Europe.

<blockquote>The Iraq war, which for years has drawn militants from around the world, is beginning to export fighters and the tactics they have honed in the insurgency to neighboring countries and beyond, according to American, European and Middle Eastern government officials and interviews with militant leaders in Lebanon, Jordan and London.

Some of the fighters appear to be leaving as part of the waves of Iraqi refugees crossing borders that government officials acknowledge they struggle to control. But others are dispatched from Iraq for specific missions. In the Jordanian airport plot, the authorities said they believed that the bomb maker flew from Baghdad to prepare the explosives for Mr. Darsi.

Estimating the number of fighters leaving Iraq is at least as difficult as it has been to count foreign militants joining the insurgency. But early signs of an exodus are clear, and officials in the United States and the Middle East say the potential for veterans of the insurgency to spread far beyond Iraq is significant. - <a href=http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/28/world/middleeast/28exodus.html?_r=1&th=&oref=slogin&emc=th&pagewanted=print><i>The New York Times</a></i></blockquote>

This activity threatens the stability of the entire region, already shaky in the aftermath of George Bush's invasion and failed occupation of Iraq. It also shows how utterly false the Bush claims of "fightin' them over there so we don't hafta fight 'em over here" truly are. Because of the Bush administration's failure to win the peace, the violence is leaking beyond Iraq's borders.

The only Iraqi export of note before the invasion was smuggled oil. Now Iraq's chief exports are violence and money for al Qaeda in their base of operations in Pakistan.

Thank you, President Bush.

One of the disadvantages/advatanges of being on a board for a long time is that in some cases you don't even have to read the post. In Bully's case, the post is ALWAYS (I should say nearly always) "it's Bush's fault".

Yup, All those countries were perfectly safe with Saddam Hussein in charge, So safe that they invited us in to help protect them AGAINST the wishes of a lot of their own people.

And when sanctions were lifted they would have felt even safer as Saddam rebuilt his military, went back to mass production of chemical and biological weapons, returned to research on a nuclear weapon and continued his programs to make missiles much longer range. Not to mention his search for a terrorist organization to do his dirty work.

...If you actually believe anything the Bush administration says. As it turns out, Iraqi militants and extremists are exporting their particular brand of violence to neighboring countries, like Jordan, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia and even to Europe.

<blockquote>The Iraq war, which for years has drawn militants from around the world, is beginning to export fighters and the tactics they have honed in the insurgency to neighboring countries and beyond, according to American, European and Middle Eastern government officials and interviews with militant leaders in Lebanon, Jordan and London.

Some of the fighters appear to be leaving as part of the waves of Iraqi refugees crossing borders that government officials acknowledge they struggle to control. But others are dispatched from Iraq for specific missions. In the Jordanian airport plot, the authorities said they believed that the bomb maker flew from Baghdad to prepare the explosives for Mr. Darsi.

Estimating the number of fighters leaving Iraq is at least as difficult as it has been to count foreign militants joining the insurgency. But early signs of an exodus are clear, and officials in the United States and the Middle East say the potential for veterans of the insurgency to spread far beyond Iraq is significant. - <a href=http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/28/world/middleeast/28exodus.html?_r=1&th=&oref=slogin&emc=th&pagewanted=print><i>The New York Times</a></i></blockquote>

This activity threatens the stability of the entire region, already shaky in the aftermath of George Bush's invasion and failed occupation of Iraq. It also shows how utterly false the Bush claims of "fightin' them over there so we don't hafta fight 'em over here" truly are. Because of the Bush administration's failure to win the peace, the violence is leaking beyond Iraq's borders.

The only Iraqi export of note before the invasion was smuggled oil. Now Iraq's chief exports are violence and money for al Qaeda in their base of operations in Pakistan.

Thank you, President Bush.
Bully, where is the 'threat' in any of these countries coming from? Did they just 'appear' in 2003? Rather was the light shined upon them? Were they activated?

Yup, All those countries were perfectly safe with Saddam Hussein in charge, So safe that they invited us in to help protect them AGAINST the wishes of a lot of their own people.

And when sanctions were lifted they would have felt even safer as Saddam rebuilt his military, went back to mass production of chemical and biological weapons, returned to research on a nuclear weapon and continued his programs to make missiles much longer range. Not to mention his search for a terrorist organization to do his dirty work.

Links? got any or are you just passing gas?

Bully, where is the 'threat' in any of these countries coming from? Did they just 'appear' in 2003? Rather was the light shined upon them? Were they activated?

from Bully's article:

..snip

...snip

Iraq... they stream across the borders as refugees, hook up with those of like mind and then carry out their nefarious deeds on innocents... in neighboing countries like Jordan and Lebanon, further away countries of Europe and now also the United States...

Iraq refugees knocking: U.S. to let in 7,000
That's up from 800 allowed in since 2003, but fewer than Sweden

...snip

Now, under enhanced screening measures aimed at weeding out potential terrorists &#8212; announced this week by the Department of Homeland Security &#8212; the administration plans to allow nearly 7,000 Iraqis to resettle in the United States by the end of September.

...snip

I'm sorry, you spoke with Saddam before the invasion?

Did he tell you that? You should let someone in the administration know right away, so they can feel at ease knowing that he told you all of this, and their invasion was indeed justified.

Links? got any or are you just passing gas?

You can't be serious.... Links to what? Unless your 4 years old or younger or can't read and are blind and deaf, this is ALL public knowledge.

One place you can see part of what Saddam had planned is in the Report submitted by David Kay to the Congress ( or rather the part that was declassified) .

Perhaps if you had spent more time listening to what we have learned from the reams of official records we captured you would be more knowledgable?

You can't be serious.... Links to what? Unless your 4 years old or younger or can't read and are blind and deaf, this is ALL public knowledge.

One place you can see part of what Saddam had planned is in the Report submitted by David Kay to the Congress ( or rather the part that was declassified) .

Perhaps if you had spent more time listening to what we have learned from the reams of official records we captured you would be more knowledgable?

Links to your allegations... you make alot of them without providing links... you and rsr... birds of a feather... so do you have any links, RGS?

heyyyyyy... wait a minute... you do know how to use a search engine don't you? if you don't, just say so and I'll let you use that tired lame duck excuse... it won't make any difference tho as I'll still ask you for links... :eusa_dance:

This has to be true, because Iran is doing exactly that, arent they?

Links to your allegations... you make alot of them without providing links... you and rsr... birds of a feather... so do you have any links, RGS?

heyyyyyy... wait a minute... you do know how to use a search engine don't you? if you don't, just say so and I'll let you use that tired lame duck excuse... it won't make any difference tho as I'll still ask you for links... :eusa_dance:

Here's the link to Kay's text:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/10/02/kay.report/

Here's the CNN article for that date:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/10/02/sprj.irq.kay/

Kay: No weapons yet, but evidence of intent

WASHINGTON (CNN) --As expected, the CIA's lead weapons inspector told congressional intelligence committees Thursday that his team has not yet found weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

However, David Kay said inspectors have found evidence of a biological weapons program. He also noted more substantial activity in missile production than Iraq disclosed to the United Nations.

Kay said his inspectors need more time before conclusions can be reached, and he urged patience.

"Believe me, we're working as hard as we can. I know the importance attached to this work. There's a lot more work to do before we can declare we're at the end of this road rather than at the beginning," Kay said. "We have found a great deal, much of which was not declared to the United Nations."

Kay said inspectors have found no weapons, but said he is not ready to say that there are no weapons to be found.

I'm sorry, you spoke with Saddam before the invasion?

Did he tell you that? You should let someone in the administration know right away, so they can feel at ease knowing that he told you all of this, and their invasion was indeed justified.

Ignoring the obvious to sing the partisan song makes it no less obvious, nor your opinion any more correct.

Let's be REAL here. Stripey. Anyone with a shred of intelligence KNOWS Saddam would right back up to his old tricks had sanctions been lifted he left to his own devices.

Most leopards DON'T change their spots, and Saddam wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. He was thug who rose to power using thug tactics. He wasn't about to change.

Are you saying you believe Iran is not? That's about as logical as believing a damned gangster-turned-dictator is going to do a sudden 180 and become a sterling angel.

I believe they are, and that because we are occupying Iraq, there is little we can do about it, other than utilizing diplomatic means. We are spread too thin.

I believe they are, and that because we are occupying Iraq, there is little we can do about it, other than utilizing diplomatic means. We are spread too thin.

Let me see if i have this right....

We had no reason to invade Iraq. Saddam Hussein was no potential future threat.

BUT if we were not in Iraq we could DO WHAT to Iran? I mean all you wanted was talk in Iraq, but Iran, what do you want?

Let me see if i have this right....

We had no reason to invade Iraq. Saddam Hussein was no potential future threat.

BUT if we were not in Iraq we could DO WHAT to Iran? I mean all you wanted was talk in Iraq, but Iran, what do you want?

I find it amusing that we are talking with Iran and trying to solve this diplomatically.

But when there was far less evidence of the same goings on in Iraq, we waged war, and usurped a dictator.

The only reason we are not doing the same now, is because we have our hands tied with Iraq.

I find it amusing that we are talking with Iran and trying to solve this diplomatically.

But when there was far less evidence of the same goings on in Iraq, we waged war, and usurped a dictator.

The only reason we are not doing the same now, is because we have our hands tied with Iraq.

Avoiding the question I see. YOU have insisted we can not do anything and have heavily implied talking is NOT the right path.

As to evidence.... humm which Country Iran or Iraq had and used Chemical weapons on its own citizens and another Country? Which Country Iran or Iraq started 2 wars of aggression? Which Country Iran or Iraq tried to assassinate a President of the United States. Which Country Iran or Iraq spent 12 years violating a ceasefire agreement that saved them from utter defeat in a war they started? Which Country Iran or Iraq routinely fired on American and British aircraft?

Yup we have so much more reason to attack Iran then Iraq.....

New Topics

Forum List

Back