YES! Sweet, Democrats Passed A Useless and Corrupt Healthcare Reform Bill

If our government was serious about reduction of costs, and lower premiums....they could have had tort reform, and open borders for private companies. I know, I know that isn't the whole answer, but it is a help, and would have had some impact.
But, our democrat buddies, who most are lawyers just couldn't bring themselves to do the right thing because of the money that has been lining their pockets from lawyers.
So it really isn't about lowering costs, or lower premiums. It was about getting their foot in the door for future changes to get their public option, and more government expansion.
I don't think there is a person on this board that can refute this with a straight face.

You may want to go back and check the VOTE on the Civil Rights act. You will find the majority of Republicans voted for it while a majority of democrats voted against it.

Okay, I wanted to know what the actual vote was. The Republicans had more to do with it than I thought. Here is what I found:

Here is the final vote in both House and Senate, notice the largest votes came from the Majority Democratic party representatives and senators who were the ones pressing for passage of the Civil Rights Act.

House of Representatives:
Democrats for: 152
Democrats against: 96
Republicans for: 138
Republicans against: 34

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 passed the House 290-130.

Senate:
Democrats for: 46
Democrats against: 21
Republicans for: 27
Republicans against: 6

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 passed the Senate 73-28.

Check out this link. There is a lot more information in this article.

On The 1964 Civil Rights Act lie posted by kidcounselor - Topic Powered by Social Strata

If our government was serious about reduction of costs, and lower premiums....they could have had tort reform, and open borders for private companies. I know, I know that isn't the whole answer, but it is a help, and would have had some impact.
But, our democrat buddies, who most are lawyers just couldn't bring themselves to do the right thing because of the money that has been lining their pockets from lawyers.
So it really isn't about lowering costs, or lower premiums. It was about getting their foot in the door for future changes to get their public option, and more government expansion.
I don't think there is a person on this board that can refute this with a straight face.

Tort reform wouldn't be a bad thing in and of itself (although the flip-side would likely be some patients who have legitimate malpractice gripes would be left with no recourse), but it wouldn't have the impact you seem to be suggesting it would, either.

This source may be partisan, but it gives a good argument for why:

Tort Reform Unlikely to Cut Health Care Costs « The Washington Independent

The Democrats passed both a Useless AND Corrupt Healthcare Bill?

I'm not aware anything has been passed yet

Here's a source that comes to a more positive conclusion on tort reform's impact, but even here....

The authors observe that their findings “constitute the first evidence that tort reform reduces healthcare expenditures broadly (albeit not in a managed-care environment).” However, they caution that “to understand the social welfare implications of these reforms... additional research on health outcomes and long-run costs is needed.”

Does Tort Reform Reduce Health Care Costs?

Awesome, who would have thunk it would take twenty friggin million dollars of insurance and drug industry lobbying money to make Democrats pass a more USELESS, and EXPENSIVE, and ANTI-REFORMIST bill.

Yippee! Great day for corrupt Democrat politicians and the healthcare industry. Party on. Yes Obama! One Big Ass Mistake America

No one wins the game in the first inning.

Notice how hostile Republicans become when you point out that they did nothing for America during a time when they held both houses, the presidency and had a majority in the Supreme Court?

Well, it's not that they did nothing. 9/11 happened on their watch. New Orleans was left a mess on their watch. They created the biggest deficits in history on their watch. Neither war was included in any of their budgets so when Obama did incude the cost of both wars, Republicans stupidly tried to blame the deficits on him. The Interstate 35W bridge the collapsed during rush hour and it was discovered 70,000 more bridges are old and possibly dangerous pointing out our old and tired infrastructure. Even then, did Republicans do anything? Nope.

Oh, but now, Republicans suddenly have the answers. They didn't then, but they do now. And the answer? Stop the black guy. Sink his presidency. Fail.

The Republican party. A political party you can be proud of. Yea, if you're Bin Laden. Bin Laden refused to call the Republican Party the Party of Fail. It's because they did so much of his work for him.

4 dead, 79 injured, 20 missing after dozens of vehicles plummet into river | StarTribune.com

Last edited by a moderator:
After all, it's always Democrats that help Americans, isn't it??

No. It's not, you fucking hack....

If you lower class "conservatives" ever do a post without dropping an F bomb, the world will come to an end. You need to learn to use your words.

99.74% of my posts contain no "F-Bomb"...

Please, continue to show your ignorance and stupidity...

Thanks for the -1 rep too...:lol: I sent you a return gift....

Awesome, who would have thunk it would take twenty friggin million dollars of insurance and drug industry lobbying money to make Democrats pass a more USELESS, and EXPENSIVE, and ANTI-REFORMIST bill.

Yippee! Great day for corrupt Democrat politicians and the healthcare industry. Party on. Yes Obama! One Big Ass Mistake America

Notice how hostile Republicans become when you point out that they did nothing for America during a time when they held both houses, the presidency and had a majority in the Supreme Court?

Well, it's not that they did nothing. 9/11 happened on their watch. New Orleans was left a mess on their watch. They created the biggest deficits in history on their watch. Neither war was included in any of their budgets so when Obama did incude the cost of both wars, Republicans stupidly tried to blame the deficits on him. The Interstate 35W bridge the collapsed during rush hour and it was discovered 70,000 more bridges are old and possibly dangerous pointing out our old and tired infrastructure. Even then, did Republicans do anything? Nope.

Oh, but now, Republicans suddenly have the answers. They didn't then, but they do now. And the answer? Stop the black guy. Sink his presidency. Fail.

The Republican party. A political party you can be proud of. Yea, if you're Bin Laden. Bin Laden refused to call the Republican Party the Party of Fail. It's because they did so much of his work for him.

4 dead, 79 injured, 20 missing after dozens of vehicles plummet into river | StarTribune.com

Good spin, dean. :cuckoo:

Well, they did pass Medicare Part D....

...all the while still attacking the Dems as the party of big government.

Oh, so Obama fixed New Orleans did he? Again, what is good about this bill? The massive corruption, the bribery, the lack of transparency, the soaring insurance and drug stocks? What is it?

In 8 years we never saw this much corruption and theft. No wonder Bush was President twice.

What is good for them is they get to start collecting the money now but the law doesn't go into effect until 2014. They can postpone the real pain until after they are re-elected. Evil genius if you ask me.

What is good for them is they get to start collecting the money now but the law doesn't go into effect until 2014. They can postpone the real pain until after they are re-elected. Evil genius if you ask me.

A good many proponents wanted to have these things take effect immediately, but weren't able to get that. Some Dems are definitely at fault, but I'm gonna go out on a limb again and suggest that more Republicans wanted it to go this way so they have time to try and repeal it before things get going.

Last edited:
No. It's not, you fucking hack....

If you lower class "conservatives" ever do a post without dropping an F bomb, the world will come to an end. You need to learn to use your words.

99.74% of my posts contain no "F-Bomb"...

Please, continue to show your ignorance and stupidity...

Thanks for the -1 rep too...:lol: I sent you a return gift....

First of all, I don't send negative reps because I want to get even with anybody, as you apparently do. So when you deserve one, I will send it. I don't care about your "returned gift". Did you think you were going to give me a trauma or something??? :cuckoo:

Secondly, you are the one that sent ME a pm with your famous F bomb. Then when I tell you to grow up, you send ME a second pm telling me you are not going to read my posts anymore. What is this, 2nd grade???? I repeat, grow up, you immature little twit.

A majority of senators support this reform, and the Republican Party wants to prevent it from coming up for a vote. I think the American people are entitled to a vote

Insurance companies and Republicans have proven to prefer profit over health care it's
time do something.

The more I read about it, the more I like.

I found this: Who's gonna pay? People making over $200,000 a year. A proposed 0.5 percent increase in the Medicare payroll tax was bumped up to 0.9 percent in the latest version, putting the tax at 2.35 percent on income over $200,000 a year for individuals, $250,000 for couples.

Drop in the bucket. But the people making this kind of money will cry because they want more for less. Who doesn't? Sorry, it isn't free to live in a country so great that they can make over $200K a year. They should consider themselves lucky. We have control of the government now. Bushanomics is over. The Dems are the party of the people.

The Dems are the party of the people? Which people? The polls say the majority did not want this.

And couples making over $250K are not lucky. They are smart. You should thank them every once in a while for picking up your tab.

"THEY", and when I say they I mean the rich, wanted and lied us into the Iraq war. WE are paying for it. They just haven't given us the bill yet. It was just thrown on the debt.

Even people who make $250 plus voted for Obama. Only the REALLY rich should be voting GOP.

If you had a $1 mill home and now its only worth $500K, you voted Obama.

If you are an exec not getting bonus' because your companies sales suck, you voted Obama.

If you have a 401K, you voted Obama

If you didn't like $4 a gallon, you voted Obama

Bush's tax breaks only helped the mega rich. The tax breaks for people who make only $250K, not worth what they lost because of bushan/reaganomics/conservative government. We all got screwed. Even millionaires.

Some of you low grade GOP'ers who think you belong to the good old boys club are really loyal house slaves. How much do you make sucker?

I'm middle class, own a home in Mass., give more than half my paycheck to government, and taxation increases have not stopped since Dems have had another monopoly on power. Without a Republican to say NO to the Dem government horde, we are all screwed. The lower and middle class have been driven from Mass. year after year.

State payroll descending, all Democrats:

Your tax dollars at work: 2009 State Employee Payroll - Boston Herald.com

Your state just as bad, and federal side worse. By the way, Mass. one of the states whose public employees have their own pension, and don't pay into Social Security.

The only rich I know are government workers. And the only government workers I know are Democrats.

;)

I think it's time for Democrat supporters who aren't government workers, or siblings of government workers, to face the truth. The Democrats OWN government, have always OWNED your government, owned the Senate for 70% of the time since WWII, and the House for 78% of the time since WWII.

You are clearly in this position today because of the massive failure of mainly Democrats; along with a spendaholic Bush, and Republicans who lost their way.

Forum List

Back