YES! Sweet, Democrats Passed A Useless and Corrupt Healthcare Reform Bill

e,

Republicans latest effort Lie into war murdered over 4000 of our greatest treasurers our sons and daughters and maimed over 30,000 of us. Killed over 750,000 Iraqi civilians that had no weapons of mass destruction, no ties to 911 and not ties to Bin Ladin. Recruited terrorists for the next 50 years. Destroyed our honor and integrity in the world that took us over 200 years to earn. Outsourced our jobs to cheap labor markets for corporate profits, left our borders open for their corporate donors cheap labor market and lower wages, brought our deficit us to 9.5 trillion and will reach 10 trillion before they leaves office. Let the energy companies rape our country for profits. Need I say anymore.

If the big mistake left office LAST YEAR, PROVE it.

So far, it's worse than Bush already.

Only 34% approval for THIS corrupt health care bill.

That's how bad this health care bill is. The only folks who support it don't actually care about the bill. It's obvious. Shove it through during Christmas before you can see how fvcked you are in the long run.

Great.

to shut the crying the right can hold their ankles and take i! guess what? If you don't win elections, you do not get to be in charge.Better pray the economy doesn't improve If the economy turns, Republicans will no longer obstruct anything.

That's how bad this health care bill is. The only folks who support it don't actually care about the bill. It's obvious. Shove it through during Christmas before you can see how fvcked you are in the long run.

Great.

Its something. We'll improve on it. But I agree, it sucks.

What did Bush do? Costs went up 191% on his watch.

The GOP allowed the insurance company to raise rates unfairly, just like they let the oil companies create a fake energy shortage and jack up rates.

We're getting ripped off.

Expand coverage to 30 million.

Great.

The GOP allowed the insurance company to raise rates unfairly, just like they let the oil companies create a fake energy shortage and jack up rates.

A majority of senators support this reform, and the Republican Party wants to prevent it from coming up for a vote. I think the American people are entitled to a vote

Insurance companies and Republicans have proven to prefer profit over health care it's
time do something.

Great.

A majority of senators support this reform, and the Republican Party wants to prevent it from coming up for a vote. I think the American people are entitled to a vote

Insurance companies and Republicans have proven to prefer profit over health care it's
time do something.

Do you know what's even in this bill? You have Dr. Howard Dean--former chief of the DNC stating to "trash" this bill because it will make for an insurance company DREAM bill. That tells me that private insurance companies will profit even more than what they do now.

Until there are actual details to this bill--I am not going to sign off on it.

Yes America: Its the Christmas Season

What did you get this year?

President Obama gave you

1. Healthcare reform
2. Global warming treaty

Republicans gave you:

1. Arguments why Americans don't need these things

Y'know, you Democrats should've just let the Republicans keep the majority. In or out of power, you still blame them for more shit than you blame Democrats for.

While people were coming out explaining why a public option wont be the panacea of coverage liberals hope it will, why this bill wont be deficit neutral, why an individual health insurance mandate would likely be unconstitutional, why the American people shouldn't be forced to subsidize elective abortions, why we need stronger language to keep illegal immigrants from glutting the system, and why, in general, this entire bill will create a whole host of new problems, all Democrats were worried about is McCain campaign e-mails by Sarah Palin and seeing how many times they could call the Tea Party protesters "tea-baggers" before it stopped being cute (as if it ever was).

Yes America: Its the Christmas Season

What did you get this year?

President Obama gave you

1. Healthcare reform
2. Global warming treaty

Republicans gave you:

1. Arguments why Americans don't need these things

Never thought I would say this, but Howard Dean is a genius. He put it in perfect perspective in his interview with Stephanopoulos

Here's what I mean:

STEPHANOPOULOS: You call this the collapse of health care reform. But, you see this now, united Republican opposition. The President's poll numbers at new lows. And a lot of leading Democrats believe that if this bill goes down, it will cripple the Obama presidency. Are you prepared to do that?

DEAN: Of course not. That's one of the problems. We've gotten to the stage, George, and you know this better than most, in Washington, where passing any bill is a victory. And that's the problem. Decisions are being made about the long-term future of this country for short-term political reasons. And that's never a good sign. There are some good things in this bill. The problem is, we're now committed to a solution using the private insurance companies. And you will be forced to buy insurance. If you don't, you'll pay a fine. And 27 percent of the money that you put in will not go to your health care. It will go to CEOs, who make $20 million a year. This is a bigger bailout for the insurance industry than AIG. And not one person- excuse me- a very small number of people will get any insurance at all until 2014, if the bill works

Great.

time do something.

A political talking head pointed out though that liberals wanted medicare to cover people 55 and up but settled for 65 just to get it done.

What if this reform is nothing? We have 60 Dems. We should be able to get a public option/single payer to compete with the private insurance companies. That's the real solution because it will force them to lower their costs to compete with the very efficient medicare. Seniors use the shit out of medicare. Why not throw on younger people who use the doctors offices even less? Let them buy in. It would be a massive pool so costs would be very low.

The private insurance companies can hire the best doctors to be in their networks, so they will compete on quality. New doctors will get experience working for the medicare system so they won't be as expensive.

What if this reform is written by the healtcare industry and gives them even more power and money and solves nothing? I hope it does good. I'll take anything over nothing.

The majority of these senators are willing to settle for this token reform? I'm just asking.

Great.

time do something.

I found this on Huffington Post

How health lobbyists influenced reform bill
Former staffers of lawmakers from Harry Reid to Mitch McConnell push clients' agenda

How health lobbyists influenced reform bill - chicagotribune.com

When Senate Democrats unveiled their bill in mid-November, Nexon's handiwork was evident. The tax on device-makers was still large -- $20 billion -- but only half what it might have been without the efforts of Nexon and his fellow lobbyists.

Nexon's team is an illustration of how deeply the health care industry has embedded itself on Capitol Hill, using former aides of lawmakers and ex-lawmakers themselves.

At least 166 former aides from the nine congressional leadership offices and five committees involved in shaping health overhaul legislation -- along with at least 13 former lawmakers -- registered to represent at least 338 health care clients since the beginning of last year, according to the analysis.

Their health care clients spent $635 million on lobbying over the past two years, the study shows.

The total of insider lobbyists jumps to 278 when non-health-care firms that reported lobbying on health issues are added in, the analysis found.

Part of the lobbying pressure on current members of Congress and staffers comes from the powerful lure of post-congressional job possibilities.

"There's always a worry they may be thinking about their future employment opportunities when dealing with these issues, particularly with health care, because the stakes are so high and the breadth of the issues -- pharmacies, hospitals, doctors," said Emory University political scientist Alan Abramowitz.

Lobbyists' earnings can dwarf congressional salaries, which currently top out at $174,000 annually for lawmakers and $156,000 for aides, though committee staff members can earn slightly more.

(So even if they don't get re elected, they are set for life. )

The CBO said the Senate bill would extend coverage to more than 30 million Americans who lack it. It also imposes new regulations to curb abuses of the insurance industry, and the president noted one last-minute addition would impose penalties on companies that "arbitrarily jack up prices" in advance of the legislation taking effect.

CBO analysts also said the legislation would cut federal deficits by $132 billion over 10 years and possibly much more in the subsequent decade.

At its core, the legislation would create a new insurance exchange where consumers could shop for affordable coverage that complied with new federal guidelines.

Hate to burst all you alls bubble, BUT ain't nothing been passed yet. Now the Senate and the House have to reconcile the differences in their two bills and find a common bill.

And that will happen. No doubt about it. After all, it's always Democrats that help Americans, isn't it?? Like with Social Security, medicare, equal rights, civil liberties, public education, reproductive freedom, the environment, and tax fairness. They will also be responsible for Healthcare reform. Wait and see.

Equal rights? That was passed by Republicans. As well as Civil rights. The rest are illegal boondoggles not allowed by the Constitution.

Hate to burst all you alls bubble, BUT ain't nothing been passed yet. Now the Senate and the House have to reconcile the differences in their two bills and find a common bill.

And that will happen. No doubt about it. After all, it's always Democrats that help Americans, isn't it?? Like with Social Security, medicare, equal rights, civil liberties, public education, reproductive freedom, the environment, and tax fairness. They will also be responsible for Healthcare reform. Wait and see.

Equal rights? That was passed by Republicans. As well as Civil rights. The rest are illegal boondoggles not allowed by the Constitution.

Equal rights? More like you conned our wives into working and so now you get double the work from our families and for just about the same quality of life we had back when only our fathers had to work to support a family of 4.

Nixon said there were times when abortion was necessary, such as rape or when a black and white get pregnant.

Explain how Republicans were responsible for civil rights.

Filabusters aren't mentioned in the constitution. We should end them.

The bill was introduced by President John F Kennedy in his civil rights speech of June 11, 1963,[1] in which he asked for legislation "giving all Americans the right to be served in facilities which are open to the public—hotels, restaurants, theaters, retail stores, and similar establishments," as well as "greater protection for the right to vote."

Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After the disputed election of 1876 resulted in the end of Reconstruction, Whites in the South resumed political control of the region. Systematic disenfranchisement of African-Americans took place in Southern states from 1890 to 1908 and lasted until national civil rights legislation was passed in the mid-1960s. For more than 60 years, for example, blacks were not able to elect a single person in the South to represent their interests in Congress.[2]

The National Voting Rights Act of 1965 signed by LBJ.

What planet do you live on?

Great.

time do something.

The more I read about it, the more I like.

I found this: Who's gonna pay? People making over $200,000 a year. A proposed 0.5 percent increase in the Medicare payroll tax was bumped up to 0.9 percent in the latest version, putting the tax at 2.35 percent on income over $200,000 a year for individuals, $250,000 for couples.

Drop in the bucket. But the people making this kind of money will cry because they want more for less. Who doesn't? Sorry, it isn't free to live in a country so great that they can make over $200K a year. They should consider themselves lucky. We have control of the government now. Bushanomics is over. The Dems are the party of the people.

Forum List

Back