Yes Sir...Yasser Arafat may be dead!

KarlMarx

May 9, 2004
This on Shawn Hannithy....

One of the biggest stumbling blocks to any progress in the Mid East peace process, Yasser Arafat may have died or is close to death.

Well he's not dead, he might even be feeling better. I don't quite understand why he's all that important. Has he really made any progress? I mean he's signed alot of treaty's and such but they didn't seem to do much. Hope he recovers, but if not I don't see it as a loss to the peace effort.

I saw where Chirac was sending a helicopter to pick the bastard up and take him to France for medical attention. What a nice guy. :alco:

Arafat is one of the last of the Arab securalists from the Nasser era. He, and his colleagues (most of whom have died, already) believed in a Pan Arabic state or region and sought to bring the Arabs back to power in the region through a "coalition" of nationalism.

Arafat's goals were pre-empted by the Islamists who sought a religiosity based form of government, that was counter to the secularists goals. He represented and idea, but did not leave a legacy of true believers who will take up the aims he pursued. The Palestinians can thank Arafat for bringing their issues to the table, but they were hijacked by the likes of Hamas, and Arafats organization never brought together any decisive governemtal form that could live beyond his years on earth.

The passing of Arafat is the end of an era, and now that he is going to be out of the picture, the calming effect he had over Hamas will certainly give way to his real legacy which will be civil unrest, in my opinion.

Even with this news i cant rejoice that such an evil man might be dead. just feel pity that he could have had a more positive influence in life and maybe accomplished something and turned his life into a waste of air.

Yes if I agree avatar he has a daughter and wife who probly won't miss him anymore then they do now, but still to wish death on anyone whos hasn''t done you wrong is just that wrong.

bring out your dead.................

but i am not dead yet...................

i am feeling better..................

:firing:

LMAO I know I heard that same thing. He definatly wasn't all dressed up like usual. I think he is going to france to be with his daughter, I think he is iller then they are makin him out to be.

Arafat was actually created by the KGB during the Cold War, he is nothing more than a terrorist. He is an Egyptian by birth.

IMHO, things have a good chance at improving in that region with his demise. Of course, someone just as bad could come into power, but with a little luck and perhaps some meddling, they could end up with a true leader that genuinely desires peace.

Arafat has always been a problem.

NightTrain said:
Arafat was actually created by the KGB during the Cold War, he is nothing more than a terrorist. He is an Egyptian by birth.

IMHO, things have a good chance at improving in that region with his demise. Of course, someone just as bad could come into power, but with a little luck and perhaps some meddling, they could end up with a true leader that genuinely desires peace.

Arafat has always been a problem.

Arafat hasn't really been in the picture for quite a while so I do not see this as a way for the region to improve, especially with Hamas having more and more fundamental leaders.

And yet again, another side that people fail to look at is that the Israelis are fueling the fire just as much, maybe more than, the Palestinians are.

While Arafat has been a problem, his death isn't going to change anything.

Palestinian Jew said:
Arafat hasn't really been in the picture for quite a while so I do not see this as a way for the region to improve, especially with Hamas having more and more fundamental leaders.

And yet again, another side that people fail to look at is that the Israelis are fueling the fire just as much, maybe more than, the Palestinians are.

Yes, the wall is still going up.

Palestinian Jew said:

Arafat is the leader of the palestinians. He does indeed control the terrorists, the whole game of pretending that he doesn't have any control over the multitude of terrorists is BS. Sure, you'll have a few renegade strikes from other unsavory neighboring countries, but strike after strike is from the local palestinian terrorists.

I suppose that the USA is adding fuel to the fire by killing terrorists, right? Please! We have no choice but to fight, just as Israel has no choice.

What do you expect Israel to do? You can't, as a nation, allow foriegn elements to kill your civilians, otherwise your government will come crashing down. Israel has no choice but to play hardball, and I think they're doing an excellent job at it.

Arafat turned down every peace proposal that was tabled. He doesn't want his own nation for his people, he's content to play the role that the KGB taught him, like a well trained dog does.

I think it will. I believe that the vast majority of those people are weary of living in a combat zone, as anyone would. Once Arafat is out of the picture, the way is clear for peace to proceed. All it will take is a leader that truly wants to end this senselessness.

NightTrain said:
What do you expect Israel to do? You can't, as a nation, allow foreign elements to kill your civilians, otherwise your government will come crashing down.

How can Palestinians be 'foreign elements' when they live in Israel and many of them are Israeli citizens?
Or are they in Greater Israel?
Or are they not in Israel at all, in which case the Israeli state must be regularly invading neighbouring countries!

Forum List

Back