Yes, Russia Likely Did Swing Votes For Donald Trump

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
5a909a0c2000008806eafd48.jpeg

And he didn’t keep talking about the WikiLeaks emails stolen by Russia because he thought voters didn’t care.

WASHINGTON ― As John Bentley waited in line to see President Barack Obama campaign for Hillary Clinton just days before the 2016 election, he worried that he’d been unable to persuade his son to cast a ballot for Clinton, too.

The 24-year-old believed Clinton was untrustworthy, with new emails released by WikiLeaks providing fresh proof on a daily basis.

“Can you believe it?” wondered Bentley, a 70-year-old African-American man and a lifelong Democrat.

Fifteen months later, special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation has found that the skepticism that afflicted people like Bentley’s son was no fluke. It was the result of deliberate efforts by the Russian government to hurt Clinton and help Donald Trump win the presidency ― efforts that included the targeting of young African-Americans like Bentley’s son.

“Defendants and their co-conspirators began to encourage U.S. minority groups not to vote in the 2016 U.S. presidential election or to vote for a third-party U.S. presidential candidate,” according to a Feb. 16 grand jury indictment obtained by Mueller.

In fact, the day before Obama visited Jacksonville, Florida, to support Clinton, Russians purchased an ad for the Instagram account of a fake group called Blacktivist. It urged African-Americans to vote for a third-party candidate. “Choose peace and vote for Jill Stein. Trust me, it’s not a wasted vote,” the ad read, according to Mueller’s indictment.

It is impossible to know precisely how many voters nationally stayed home or voted for a third-party candidate because of the Russians’ social media campaign. Nevertheless, the details from the indictment raise new questions about the legitimacy of Trump’s victory.

While Trump maintains there is no proof that the Russian assistance affected the election, the contours of that final month of campaigning and the closeness of the tally suggest that the opposite is true: that it is highly unlikely the Russian efforts did not affect the outcome.

“There’s no question that it mattered,” said Democratic pollster Mark Mellman. “There’s no question that they thought it mattered. There’s no question that the Hillary Clinton folks thought it mattered.”

Over the entire final month of the race, Trump essentially centered his campaign on talking about the emails stolen by Russian intelligence and then released through its allied group WikiLeaks. The messages, which were sent to and from Clinton campaign chair John Podesta, cast Clinton in a bad light. “We love WikiLeaks!” Trump would tell his rally crowds and live TV audiences, urging them to go to the website and read the emails for themselves. “Boy, do we love WikiLeaks.”

Democrats and even some Republican consultants said the Trump campaign would not have based its closing strategy on that theme if it were not working.

More: Yes, Russia Likely Did Swing Votes For Donald Trump

There is no doubt that Russia swung votes for Trump. There is no doubt that Trump knew that in real time. I didn't really need this article to tell me what I've known all along. It was obvious. The OP also likely makes Trump an "illegitimate" president. This is even worse than the George W. Bush debacle of 2000. At least Bush didn't have help from a hostile foreign power - just Jeb Bush, Katherine Harris, and the U.S. Supreme Court.

Last edited:
“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

:21::auiqs.jpg::badgrin::biggrin::laugh::laugh2::lmao::lol:

People are forgetting that the Dems decline started 20 years ago with Clinton's heavy handed overreach.
Once Obama declared the Republications as enemies and cops as racist it went south.
The Russians even though they did interfere,it did nothing to the individuals votes.
The country is fed up with the intolerant far left.
Just like the rest of the world's western democracies who voted their own far left out.

I thought 13 indictments and an investigation team recently concluded that, yes, Russian hackers did engage in a persuasion campaign against the American people, but they also said they couldn't find any Trump connection, but they did find a few Hillary connections. Am I wrong about this?

I thought 13 indictments and an investigation team recently concluded that, yes, Russian hackers did engage in a persuasion campaign against the American people, but they also said they couldn't find any Trump connection, but they did find a few Hillary connections. Am I wrong about this?
Yes. Great job :itsok:

Meanwhile back in reality, the investigation into Trump and his thugs continues.

The OP also likely makes Trump an "illegitimate" president. This is even worse than the George W. Bush debacle of 2000. At least Bush didn't have help from a hostile foreign power - just Jeb Bush, Katherine Harris, and the U.S. Supreme Court.

Last edited:

Meanwhile back in reality, the investigation into Trump and his thugs continues.
Ok, that is fine. I've no problem with justice being served. If they find factual information that Trump had a hand in the russia influence, I agree he should step down. So far, that is looking like it's not the case.

When the investigation does finally end, and if they find no evidence of collusion, would the left accept that, or will they keep pushing for the entire duration of his presidency?

Let's not forget what the far left did to their own party and said there are no conservatives in the Democratic Party 20 years ago and was starting to get rid of the moderates.
Even the moderates of the Dems had enough of the far left in the Senate and took over during the budget negotiations.

Ok, that is fine. I've no problem with justice being served. If they find factual information that Trump had a hand in the russia influence, I agree he should step down. So far, that is looking like it's not the case.

When the investigation does finally end, and if they find no evidence of collusion, would the left accept that, or will they keep pushing for the entire duration of his presidency?
After the pathetic display by republicans for 8 years under Obama, I'll go ahead and Try to push it for the duration of his Presidency :thup:

If it turns out he's completely innocent and it was all lies and hysteria, but it costs him the election, then I'll consider us even.

And he didn’t keep talking about the WikiLeaks emails stolen by Russia because he thought voters didn’t care.

WASHINGTON ― As John Bentley waited in line to see President Barack Obama campaign for Hillary Clinton just days before the 2016 election, he worried that he’d been unable to persuade his son to cast a ballot for Clinton, too.

The 24-year-old believed Clinton was untrustworthy, with new emails released by WikiLeaks providing fresh proof on a daily basis.

“Can you believe it?” wondered Bentley, a 70-year-old African-American man and a lifelong Democrat.

Fifteen months later, special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation has found that the skepticism that afflicted people like Bentley’s son was no fluke. It was the result of deliberate efforts by the Russian government to hurt Clinton and help Donald Trump win the presidency ― efforts that included the targeting of young African-Americans like Bentley’s son.

“Defendants and their co-conspirators began to encourage U.S. minority groups not to vote in the 2016 U.S. presidential election or to vote for a third-party U.S. presidential candidate,” according to a Feb. 16 grand jury indictment obtained by Mueller.

In fact, the day before Obama visited Jacksonville, Florida, to support Clinton, Russians purchased an ad for the Instagram account of a fake group called Blacktivist. It urged African-Americans to vote for a third-party candidate. “Choose peace and vote for Jill Stein. Trust me, it’s not a wasted vote,” the ad read, according to Mueller’s indictment.

It is impossible to know precisely how many voters nationally stayed home or voted for a third-party candidate because of the Russians’ social media campaign. Nevertheless, the details from the indictment raise new questions about the legitimacy of Trump’s victory.

While Trump maintains there is no proof that the Russian assistance affected the election, the contours of that final month of campaigning and the closeness of the tally suggest that the opposite is true: that it is highly unlikely the Russian efforts did not affect the outcome.

“There’s no question that it mattered,” said Democratic pollster Mark Mellman. “There’s no question that they thought it mattered. There’s no question that the Hillary Clinton folks thought it mattered.”

Over the entire final month of the race, Trump essentially centered his campaign on talking about the emails stolen by Russian intelligence and then released through its allied group WikiLeaks. The messages, which were sent to and from Clinton campaign chair John Podesta, cast Clinton in a bad light. “We love WikiLeaks!” Trump would tell his rally crowds and live TV audiences, urging them to go to the website and read the emails for themselves. “Boy, do we love WikiLeaks.”

Democrats and even some Republican consultants said the Trump campaign would not have based its closing strategy on that theme if it were not working.

There is no doubt that Russia swung votes for Trump. There is no doubt that Trump knew that in real time. I didn't really need this article to tell me what I've known all along. It was obvious. The OP also likely makes Trump an "illegitimate" president. This is even worse than the George W. Bush debacle of 2000. At least Bush didn't have help from a hostile foreign power - just Jeb Bush, Katherine Harris, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
And there's no doubt Republicans will do nothing about it.

Let's not forget what the far left did to their own party and said there are no conservatives in the Democratic Party 20 years ago and was starting to get rid of the moderates.
Even the moderates of the Dems had enough of the far left in the Senate and took over during the budget negotiations.
Have the Limbaugh's and Lyin' Ted's of the GOP let all the RINO's back in the party? :rofl:

Breaking: Liberals can't come to grips with the fact that Americans in 30 states rejected them and their policies, the fools couldn't even beat Trump how embarrassing.

And there's no doubt Republicans will do nothing about it.

I agree! It's now in the hands of voters.

If a bunch of random dumb ass "Russian" social media posts can seize and control your mind enough to vote a certain way, well, then maybe all those cheesy science fiction movies and novels are right about what the future holds!Kkmpvs8zN6QHEW9cgtARL5.jpg

If a bunch of random dumb ass "Russian" social media posts can seize and control your mind enough to vote a certain way, well, then maybe all those cheesy science fiction movies and novels are right about what the future holds!View attachment 178823

Liberals should be studied, obviously there's a genetic flaw it looks like nature has selected them for a mass extinction.

Have the Limbaugh's and Lyin' Ted's of the GOP let all the RINO's back in the party? :rofl:

The RINO's are leaving.
Not sure about what you mean with Limbaugh , many don't listen to him on the radio, that includes me.
And Lyin Ted would be.... Ted Cruz?
In my book that would be Lyin Ted Kennedy. :rofl:

I am sorry some Russians did something that convinced you to vote for President Trump ... :dunno:
Because short of being willing to testify to that ... Any of what you suggest is conjecture.

Forum List

Back