Yes or No: On the Stimulus Bill!

This largest spending bill in US history seems inevitable! Now do you agree with it?

• Total voters
I will agree that all Reagan did was borrow himself out of a recession.

So, I would hope that Obama would cut all wasteful spending to make up for this spending.

And I hope he undoes the Federal Reserve System, because until that is done, none of this is going to change. The Federal Reserve can crash the economy anytime it wants, and we will go running to the government to save us, and our government will feed the beast whenver it growls. Also, they will never be happy with how much they own. They own us, now they are going after the rest of the world. They can start wars, get us fighting, etc.

So hasn't every president spent their way out of a recession? Even Clinton?

So what is your solution Kevin. Yea, kind of a big question to be asked. Not so easy to answer, huh?

My solution would be to cut taxes (the income tax would be gone), cut government spending, abolish the Fed, adopt a non-interventionist foreign policy, and let the market correct itself.

In other words your idea is to end all government?!

So in your opinion, the way to save the United States is to cease being the USA.

Great plan...about what I'd expect from somebody goofy enough to declare libertarian anarchy preferable to representational government taxation.

That's pretty disengenuous and you know it. Why do you stoop to such ridiculous levels? Nothing in that last line suiggests abolishing government. it is suggesting that our government needs to reign itself in, big time. I and I'm sure Kevin does that there is a need for government. But ours feels it needs to be everything to everyone, they don't control their spending, they can't say not to anything and there is no accountability.

As to the economy, the market does need to be allowed to correct otherwise all you get is inflation which helps no one. Instead our government is aiding in the inflation, by believing the right thing to do is bail people and businesses out. I'm sorry but Reagan got it at least half right. I'll hold on saying they are not the solution if they actually come up with a good one, but right now they are most definately the problem.

So, I would hope that Obama would cut all wasteful spending to make up for this spending.

And I hope he undoes the Federal Reserve System, because until that is done, none of this is going to change. The Federal Reserve can crash the economy anytime it wants, and we will go running to the government to save us, and our government will feed the beast whenver it growls. Also, they will never be happy with how much they own. They own us, now they are going after the rest of the world. They can start wars, get us fighting, etc.

So what is your solution Kevin. Yea, kind of a big question to be asked. Not so easy to answer, huh?

My solution would be to cut taxes (the income tax would be gone), cut government spending, abolish the Fed, adopt a non-interventionist foreign policy, and let the market correct itself.

So in your opinion, the way to save the United States is to cease being the USA.

Great plan...about what I'd expect from somebody goofy enough to declare libertarian anarchy preferable to representational government taxation.

I'm pretty sure you're just making all of that up. Anybody that can read can see that nowhere in my post did I say I would "end all government."

We've existed as the USA until 1916 without an income tax. So we weren't the USA until 127 years after its Constitution was adopted? I hardly see your point. Hell, we could reduce government size to what it was a few decades ago and eliminate the income tax completely. Was the government really so small in the 90s?

Forum List

Back