Votes: 10 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • No opinion

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  • Banned
The vote is everyone's concern who posts on USMB. It is raw politics and a test as to whether Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission will fundamentally change politics.

It's important to Fox News, so important talking head Mike Huckabee is telling Yes on two voters to let the air out of the tires of those they know will vote no.

The vote is everyone's concern who posts on USMB. It is raw politics and a test as to whether Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission will fundamentally change politics.

It's important to Fox News, so important talking head Mike Huckabee is telling Yes on two voters to let the air out of the tires of those they know will vote no.

And what on earth does Citizens United have to do with cutting government spending?

And what on earth does Citizens United have to do with cutting government spending?

i guess you don't understand where the money supporting the destruction of these workers' rights is coming from.

i guess you don't understand where the money supporting the destruction of these workers' rights is coming from.

Since no one is supporting the destruction of anyones rights, that would be an affirmative.

Cutting spending doesnt hurt rights. No one has a right to tax money other than the one that pays the taxes.

And considering Citizens United is in regards to financing speech against political incumbants and McCain Feingold never dealt with financing campaigns for or against issue resolutions on ballots, I still don't see the relevance to the discussion.

Yes

NO!

What is Proposition 2?

Regardless of the left wing hysteria and hate speech, banks are us. Banks make the loans that keep small businesses running when the federal regulations and taxes threaten to ruin them. Banks are the backbone of American prosperity. The federal government is charged with "providing the common defense and supporting the general welfare" but in fact the federal government doesn't earn a dime that isn't confiscated from you and me and ....banks. We elect representatives to "promote the general welfare" not control the private sector that generates the general welfare. When banks become the enemy the Country is doomed.

I'm voting "Yes" but all indications are that "No" will win big.

FWIW, "No" means SB5 goes down and Big Labor thugs continue to loot the treasury at will. Kasich is unpopular and the Republicans are divided. Only shot for "yes" winning is Democrat illiteracy so a win for taxpayers is not impossible, it's just that the numbers are really bad.

Here in Cincinnati the money seems to favor Big Labor judging by ad buys but that is anecdotal and I don't know whats up Statewide. My guess is Labor wins this battle.

Did you ever notice that people who oppose corporations (groups of people united for a common purpose) donating to political campaigns also support unions (groups of people united for a common purpose) donating to political campaigns?

No. I expect you haven't.

The vote is on. Soon we'll know if the war on the working men and women of this country is successful or if the people of Ohio vote to defend the American family from Snidley Wiplash, aka, John Kasich and the callous conservatives.

The vote is on. Soon we'll know if the war on the working men and women of this country is successful or if the people of Ohio vote to defend the American family from Snidley Wiplash, aka, John Kasich and the callous conservatives.

oh brother..:lol:

oh brother..:lol:

Oh Brother is right.

If the folks in Ohio want to pay higher taxes to support the public sector Unions then so be it. It certainly is their decision.

I wonder how long it will take them to start screaming about taxes??

Yes

NO!

What is Proposition 2?

A “YES” vote means you approve the law.
A “NO” vote means you reject the law.

A yes vote on Issue 2 will make long overdue reforms to unfair and costly government practices in Ohio, while helping to get government spending under control and making government more accountable to taxpayers.

Below is a summary of Senate Bill 5 provisions:[7]

* Bargaining: Expands the topics that management can refuse to negotiate with public employees. Those topics include: employee qualifications, work assignments and staffing levels. According to reports, public employees can still bargain for wages and hours.

* Strikes: Strikes would be banned, along with a deduction of "an amount equal to twice the employee's daily rate of pay" for each day an employee is considered to be on strike.

* Performance pay and sick/vacation leave: Currently, the minimum amount for a teacher to be paid is $17,300. This would be undone by the law, replacing this by implementing a pay by performance provision. Sick leave would be reduced from three weeks a year to two. Vacation leave would be capped to five weeks a year.

* Union fees: Public employees would not have to pay union fees if they do not want to be become a union member. This was a condition of employment before Senate Bill 5.

* Governing bodies and contract disputes: The governing body of a city, school, or township would have the final say on any contract disputes that initially become unresolved.

* Charter schools: Employees of charter schools would not be allowed to collectively bargain. The only exception, according to reports, would be conversion charter schools.

Ohio Senate Bill 5 Veto Referendum, Issue 2 (2011) - Ballotpedia

Last edited:

Forum List

Back