Yes, Obama did PROMISE to cut the deficit in half...

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
as his 3rd budget has hit the news, I thought I word drop a word on on obfuscations and distractions.

Please, lets not get caught up in the last debate over the 'pledge promise, affirmation kinda want to maybe will' semantical smokescreen that took place over the 8% un-employment number and the 2009 Stimulus package.

Here? He promised, straight away and in plain language....*shrugs*....it is, what it is.

I plucked this directly ( hat tip- jake tapper) from the blog [page] of the White House director of new media.

Owning up to what we owe

Macon Phillips
February 23, 2009 at 07:26 PM EST

This is big -- the President today promised that by the end of his first term, he will cut in half the massive federal deficit we've inherited. And we'll do it in a new way: honestly and candidly.

This will not be easy. It will require us to make difficult decisions and face challenges we've long neglected," President Obama said. "But I refuse to leave our children with a debt that they cannot repay -- and that means taking responsibility right now, in this administration, for getting our spending under control."

more here-

Owning up to what we owe | The White House

My comment on all this? This was made AFTER the campaign, he made it on the job so to speak, he doesn't get the 'campaign trial' gimme....

Sure he inherited a trillion $ deficit, BUT, he knowingly back loaded more as his plan, thats HE and his admin.s plan had us out up and over the recession ( which ended in july of 2009).

And here we are again, as HE, Obama, proposes another budget buster plan, dependent on the continued borrowing of 40 cents on every dollar we spend, reinforcing a, to be kind , deeply flawed 'plan' ( imho is not a plan its an ideology).

I wonder what the fact checkers will say? no, I really have not looked, pants on fire? gotta be...right? :eusa_whistle:

The job was tougher that he had originally thought so he needs another 4 years to finish what he started.

Jimmy Carter said the same thing.

I stopped listening to him 2 years ago, when it became very apparent that it did not matter what he said because he is going to do something else anyways. He is a master manipulator, and the only way to make the insanity go away is to vote him out, he will not change his agenda one bit. He...in essence, is full of shit.

snip

Owning up to what we owe

Macon Phillips

This is big -- the President today promised that by the end of his first term, he will cut in half the massive federal deficit we've inherited. And we'll do it in a new way: honestly and candidly.

This will not be easy. It will require us to make difficult decisions and face challenges we've long neglected," President Obama said. "But I refuse to leave our children with a debt that they cannot repay -- and that means taking responsibility right now, in this administration, for getting our spending under control."

^^ That right there is some funny shit. He wouldn't know 'honestly, candidly, responsibility, and spending under control' if it bit him in the ass.

He needs to go. Period, end of discussion.

I stopped listening to him 2 years ago, when it became very apparent that it did not matter what he said because he is going to do something else anyways. He is a master manipulator, and the only way to make the insanity go away is to vote him out, he will not change his agenda one bit. He...in essence, is full of shit.

Unfortunately, voting his lying ass out only means we vote another lying ass in...

as his 3rd budget has hit the news, I thought I word drop a word on on obfuscations and distractions.

Please, lets not get caught up in the last debate over the 'pledge promise, affirmation kinda want to maybe will' semantical smokescreen that took place over the 8% un-employment number and the 2009 Stimulus package.

Here? He promised, straight away and in plain language....*shrugs*....it is, what it is.

I plucked this directly ( hat tip- jake tapper) from the blog [page] of the White House director of new media.

Owning up to what we owe

Macon Phillips

more here-

My comment on all this? This was made AFTER the campaign, he made it on the job so to speak, he doesn't get the 'campaign trial' gimme....

Sure he inherited a trillion $ deficit, BUT, he knowingly back loaded more as his plan, thats HE and his admin.s plan had us out up and over the recession ( which ended in july of 2009).

And here we are again, as HE, Obama, proposes another budget buster plan, dependent on the continued borrowing of 40 cents on every dollar we spend, reinforcing a, to be kind , deeply flawed 'plan' ( imho is not a plan its an ideology).

I wonder what the fact checkers will say? no, I really have not looked, pants on fire? gotta be...right? :eusa_whistle:

This is why the republicans fought him so hard.

they didnt want him to do anything good for this country.

they place party over country at every turn

Obama’s Broken Deficit Promise - ABC News
Indeed, President Obama did make that promise that day, saying, “today I’m pledging to cut the deficit we inherited in half by the end of my first term in office
The 2013 budget the president submitted today does not come close to meeting this promise of being reduced to $650 billion for fiscal year 2013.

The president noted in that 2009 speech the Obama administration inherited a $1.3 trillion deficit.

The deficit was similarly $1.3 trillion in 2011, is projected to be $1.15 trillion in 2012, and the president’s budget claims it will be $901 billion in 2013.

George Stephanopoulos asked White House Chief of Staff Jack Lew about this yesterday...
and got nothing but spin, spin, spin. Lew utterly ignored the question.

Unfortunately, voting his lying ass out only means we vote another lying ass in...

why did the republican vote agaist their OWN bills when Obama said he woudl sign them?

Obama made the mistake of thinking the republicans would actually help do good things for the country.

They instead resorted to voting against their own bills to harm Obama.

They were more concerned with poltics than the countrys Future.

Party over country at every turn for the republicans.

Gee now you can call him a liar.

The country was punished so you could have a plotical hack line to spew.

Gee thanks

Obama made the moistake of thinking the republica ns would actually help do good things for the country.

They instead resorted to cvoting against their own bills to harm Obama.

They were more concerned with polticas than the countrys Future.

Party over country at every turn for the republicans.

Gee now you can call him a liar.

The country was punished so you could have a plotical hack line to spew.

Gee thanks

grow up.

why did the republican vote agaist their OWN bills when Obama said he woudl sign them?

grow up and stop acting naive.

I may be for initiative A...but if it means that I have to approve initiative B that I am totally against, I will not sign for initiative A.

It does not mean I am not for A...it means I will not compromise my stance on B for A.

It is not very difficult to understand.

Owning up to what we owe

Macon Phillips

more here-

This is why the republicans fought him so hard.

they didnt want him to do anything good for this country.

they place party over country at every turn

Yeah, run on that.... the "incompetency defense"... just like when the Dems squawked about how stupid Bush was and then claimed that he duped them all.

:lol:

Forum List

Back