Excerpt from a Friday sermon in Qom, Iran (Friday 2 July 2004):

Crowd: Death to America.

Ayatollah 'Ali Meshkini: Allah willing.

Death to America.

Death to America.

Death to America.

Death to America.

Ayatollah 'Ali Meshkini: It is currently under complete American control. You should know: Wherever America set foot, it brought corruption, forgery, plundering, massacre, and looting. Allah willing, I hope our people will examine the Koran carefully to see what it tells the Muslims about the infidels, how God mentions the hostility and hatred of every single one of them, and what the Koran recommends the Muslims [to do] about the infidels. Allah willing, you will study and know.

Crowd: America, Israel, shame on your deceit. America, Israel, shame on your plot.

Ayatollah 'Ali Meshkini: May God curse them. May God humiliate you.

Crowd: America, Israel, shame on your deceit.

Patriot said:
http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/iran.asp

”Islam is a religion that wants to run the world.”
… Ayatollah 'Ali Meshkini, chairman, Assembly of Experts, Iran
Excerpt from a Friday sermon in Qom, Iran (Friday 2 July 2004):

Ayatollah 'Ali Meshkini: Allah willing.

Death to America.

Death to America.

Death to America.

Death to America.

Ayatollah 'Ali Meshkini: It is currently under complete American control. You should know: Wherever America set foot, it brought corruption, forgery, plundering, massacre, and looting. Allah willing, I hope our people will examine the Koran carefully to see what it tells the Muslims about the infidels, how God mentions the hostility and hatred of every single one of them, and what the Koran recommends the Muslims [to do] about the infidels. Allah willing, you will study and know.

Crowd: America, Israel, shame on your deceit. America, Israel, shame on your plot.

Ayatollah 'Ali Meshkini: May God curse them. May God humiliate you.

Crowd: America, Israel, shame on your deceit.

I am *this* close to going to a Marine Corps recruiter this very minute. I'm getting sick of this.

Sad how easily people can be brainwashed. But they are ignorant and they are perpetuating that ignorance by keeping their people enslaved to poverty and propaganda. Liberals don't understand or don't want to understand this is the most important reason Bush went to war in Iraq...to liberate people so they can earn money, educate themselves with the free press, this allows them to be content in their lives and in their families, and progress towards a civilized country that does not breed hate. It's dusgusting when elites scowl at the notion that these countires can't handle or are undeserving of Democracy, and free enterprise, when it is exactly those things that will eventually bring an end to terrorism.

Muslim extremism is very dangerous. But it would not be fair to brand all Muslims as willing murderers, any more than it would be fair to brand all Christians as murderers because, for example, a few have been willing to kill physicians who perform abortions.

The way I see it, extremism is at one tail end of a bell curve of feeling towards the United States. Say that right now 2 in a million Muslims are angry enough to become terrorists. The trick for us would be to shift the bell curve towards support for our country, so that maybe only 1 in a million would be so angry, meaning half as many potential terrorists.

Jumping right into a Christian v. Muslim stance, as many people seem to do on this discussion board, plays right into the hands of the Muslim extremists. There's nothing they'd like better than a replay of the Crusades, where now they can get nuclear weapons instead of scimitars.

Before we invaded Iraq, Indonesia was pro-American (76% approval rating). Now it is anti-American (16% approval rating). If 1 in a million of those Indonesians who changed their minds about our country is now willing to become a terrorist, then we have reduced our safety via that invasion rather than increased it. Rather than ignoring moderate Muslim opinion, as we have been doing, we should be courting it. No one is better placed to stop a Muslim extremist than a Muslim moderate--the friend or relative of a potential extremist.

Before you jump too hard on Muslim extremism, don't forget that Christianity has a pretty nasty history of its own extremism. Beyond the Crusades, look at the unbelievable carnage in the European religious wars of a few centuries ago--Christian versus Christian. American Christians often seem to me very self-righteous about their "goodness," forgetting large chunks of not-so-good history. Other peoples don't have memories as short as ours.

Mariner.

Bonnie said:
Sad how easily people can be brainwashed. But they are ignorant and they are perpetuating that ignorance by keeping their people enslaved to poverty and propaganda. Liberals don't understand or don't want to understand this is the most important reason Bush went to war in Iraq...to liberate people so they can earn money, educate themselves with the free press, this allows them to be content in their lives and in their families, and progress towards a civilized country that does not breed hate. It's dusgusting when elites scowl at the notion that these countires can't handle or are undeserving of Democracy, and free enterprise, when it is exactly those things that will eventually bring an end to terrorism.

So true---one must believe that the vast majority of muslims would prefer freedom and security rather than eternal war. Propaganda is tough to overcome--even in America.

Mariner said:
Muslim extremism is very dangerous. But it would not be fair to brand all Muslims as willing murderers, any more than it would be fair to brand all Christians as murderers because, for example, a few have been willing to kill physicians who perform abortions.

The way I see it, extremism is at one tail end of a bell curve of feeling towards the United States. Say that right now 2 in a million Muslims are angry enough to become terrorists. The trick for us would be to shift the bell curve towards support for our country, so that maybe only 1 in a million would be so angry, meaning half as many potential terrorists.

Jumping right into a Christian v. Muslim stance, as many people seem to do on this discussion board, plays right into the hands of the Muslim extremists. There's nothing they'd like better than a replay of the Crusades, where now they can get nuclear weapons instead of scimitars.

Before we invaded Iraq, Indonesia was pro-American (76% approval rating). Now it is anti-American (16% approval rating). If 1 in a million of those Indonesians who changed their minds about our country is now willing to become a terrorist, then we have reduced our safety via that invasion rather than increased it. Rather than ignoring moderate Muslim opinion, as we have been doing, we should be courting it. No one is better placed to stop a Muslim extremist than a Muslim moderate--the friend or relative of a potential extremist.

Before you jump too hard on Muslim extremism, don't forget that Christianity has a pretty nasty history of its own extremism. Beyond the Crusades, look at the unbelievable carnage in the European religious wars of a few centuries ago--Christian versus Christian. American Christians often seem to me very self-righteous about their "goodness," forgetting large chunks of not-so-good history. Other peoples don't have memories as short as ours.

Mariner.

What we need is the number of terrorists to be zero, never mind 1 million instead of 2 million.

as for courting Muslim opinion...horse puckey. As far as I am concerned, they have stated their opinion. They want to kill me and mine.... pre-emptive strike sounds good to me.

While I wasn't in the Crusades or the conflagrations that engulfed Christian Europe, I am alive today when the religion of Islam wants to bring the entire world back to living in a midievil society. I say no thanks.

CSM said:
What we need is the number of terrorists to be zero, never mind 1 million instead of 2 million.

as for courting Muslim opinion...horse puckey. As far as I am concerned, they have stated their opinion. They want to kill me and mine.... pre-emptive strike sounds good to me.

While I wasn't in the Crusades or the conflagrations that engulfed Christian Europe, I am alive today when the religion of Islam wants to bring the entire world back to living in a midievil society. I say no thanks.

By their silence in response to the "hijacking" of their religion I can reasonably come to the conclusion that most of the Muslims are in agreement with the sentiment, if not the policy, of the terrorists.

When an idiot claiming to be a Christian killed an Abortion doctor and some patients as well as innocents at Planned Parenthood, Christians were out in droves to denounce the action of this idiot. It is clear that the vast majority of Christians do not support such action. When terrorists in the name of Muslim kill thousands of innocents the response is light at best from the Muslim population, it is not clear that they do not support such actions.

dilloduck said:
So true---one must believe that the vast majority of muslims would prefer freedom and security rather than eternal war. Propaganda is tough to overcome--even in America.

Even in America!!!!

CSM said:

I second that :beer:

Mariner said:

Mariner.

Blah blah blah, the "cycle of violence". take your appeasement crap and shove it. Where is the outcry from your alleged moderate muslims? Where. Show me.

Try talking to a Muslim American RWA, ask them if they would like to kill you or destroy America. Oh wait even if they told you that they loved America and were loyal citizens you would of course assume that they are lying to further their Islamic Conspiracy. :tinfoil:

deaddude said:
Try talking to a Muslim American RWA, ask them if they would like to kill you or destroy America. Oh wait even if they told you that they loved America and were loyal citizens you would of course assume that they are lying to further their Islamic Conspiracy. :tinfoil:

I have. He was recently in Syria. Since he was with his white wife, people on the street knew they lived in the west. People in the street told them to never stop liberating the muslim people from their dictators.

So what do you advocate we do, round up all of the muslims and deport them?

deaddude said:
So what do you advocate we do, round up all of the muslims and deport them?

No. Now. Can YOU show me where I can find the voice of moderate islam?

a very good point about Muslim moderates. I think that, unfortunately, they're in a position where speaking out makes them appear "weak" to the more hard-line Muslims. It's very similar to Americans sometimes feeling that we have to talk tough or else be considered wimps. Also, there are few Muslim democracies, and no developed forms for peaceful public protest. Without separation of church from state, without free unfettered media, and without democratic institutions, Muslim moderates are silenced.

We shouldn't forget that the Muslim extremists hate their moderates just as much as they hate us. Osama bin Laden's big beef is with his own country's moderates--hating the U.S. is incidental to him because of our ties to the Saudi Gov't, esp. our military bases there.

That is why moderate governments like Indonesia's should be so carefully supported by the U.S., and why other governments should be helped to remain as moderate as possible.

In other words, just because Muslim moderates don't always speak out, doesn't mean they aren't against fundamentalism. Don't lump all Muslims with the extremists, who are a fringe element of Islam. The big problem really is that they haven't figured out how to separate church from state, so e.g. in Iran, they keep trying to create a theocracy, which naturally gets taken over by the hardest-line religious leaders, who can accuse everyone else of being soft.

Mariner.

Mariner said:
a very good point about Muslim moderates. I think that, unfortunately, they're in a position where speaking out makes them appear "weak" to the more hard-line Muslims. It's very similar to Americans sometimes feeling that we have to talk tough or else be considered wimps. Also, there are few Muslim democracies, and no developed forms for peaceful public protest. Without separation of church from state, without free unfettered media, and without democratic institutions, Muslim moderates are silenced.

We shouldn't forget that the Muslim extremists hate their moderates just as much as they hate us. Osama bin Laden's big beef is with his own country's moderates--hating the U.S. is incidental to him because of our ties to the Saudi Gov't, esp. our military bases there.

That is why moderate governments like Indonesia's should be so carefully supported by the U.S., and why other governments should be helped to remain as moderate as possible.

In other words, just because Muslim moderates don't always speak out, doesn't mean they aren't against fundamentalism. Don't lump all Muslims with the extremists, who are a fringe element of Islam. The big problem really is that they haven't figured out how to separate church from state, so e.g. in Iran, they keep trying to create a theocracy, which naturally gets taken over by the hardest-line religious leaders, who can accuse everyone else of being soft.

Mariner.

Well thats great that they Secretly don't support extremists, but what good does that do? It's cliche to say this but evil does flourish when good men do nothing. So essentially they are all cowards then, but we can all take comfort in knowing that in secret they don't support the killing of innocent men, women and children, well I can sleep a whole lot better now!!
The bottom line is, we (westerners, Brits, and Israel) are the only ones who are willing to put their asses on the line to stop terrorism PERIOD. And we all take a lot critisism for that, but we are all we've got, this is it, this is reality, and I don't see that reality changing any time soon unless we decide to kiss the UN's Ass which would only bring us back to where we were pre 9/11...........So yeah we can only count on ourselves. :usa:

members of the brand new armed forces, police, and other agencies in Iraq are certainly taking risks with their lives, similar to the American troops serving there.

Mariner.

Mariner said:
members of the brand new armed forces, police, and other agencies in Iraq are certainly taking risks with their lives, similar to the American troops serving there.

Mariner.

Very true and thank God for that!!!!

i agree that a good amount of muslims hate america, but the only ones that you see on tv are ones taht hate us. Every now and then, i hear about a muslim who speaks out against the extremest parts of the religion, and then i hear hes dead, or on the run. I even watched a news program about a muslim woman comedian who would occasionally make fun of islam, but i hear that shes followed, shes been threatened. keep in mind, if you're a muslim, openly against the extremests, openly denounce parts of your religion, you're probably dead or hiding,or just dont want to have your head chopped off, so you stay neutral and silent.

Forum List

Back